Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

39 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Is Argentina the show that Axl only let Steven do one song?

Yes because there were two shows. And Steven featured in both of them. So they decided to allow Steven to play just one song each day. It was really stupid to do it that way :max:

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes because there were two shows. And Steven featured in both of them. So they decided to allow Steven to play just one song each day. It was really stupid to do it that way :max:

Maybe that's all Steven could handle at the time.

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I seriously doubt that. Steven said in an interview he was disappointed the band only let him play a couple of tunes. I'm sure he could have played Appetite in full but my guess is Axl wasn't interested.

• Like 3

Just now, Rovim said:

I seriously doubt that. Steven said in an interview he was disappointed the band only let him play a couple of tunes. I'm sure he could have played Appetite in full but my guess is Axl wasn't interested.

They probably didn't want to steal thunder from Frank.

42 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

He flew all the way to Argentina and Axl dicked him over. He is perfectly capabale of playing 2 sonsg.. That is just stupid.. Anyway, I was hoping for a pro shot of Out Ta Get me with Steven... Looks like that isn't going to happen..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He flew all the way to Argentina and Axl dicked him over. He is perfectly capabale of playing 2 sonsg.. That is just stupid.. 

Who knows what happens behind the scenes. 

I don't know Steven personally, but the dude doesn't strike me as someone who is firing on all cylinders, in addition to having a well documented, long history of substance abuse problems. 

Could be a contractual/legal reason he played so little, etc.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I don't know Steven personally, but the dude doesn't strike me as someone who is firing on all cylinders, in addition to having a well documented, long history of substance abuse problems. 

All of them had serious issues with substance abuse. They all put it behind them, but some earlier than others. That's all. Steven has his own band. And he has played lived at his shows a lot more than just one or two songs. So yes, the guy can play two songs in a row in two consecutive shows 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2021 at 4:10 PM, MaskingApathy said:

He's sober now and was then also. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him that would prevent him from playing a few songs with them.

Hence my mention of potential legal (or other) issues. I'm assuming he was physically capable of doing it. 

It could be as simple as Axl not wanting him to get too comfortable plating with them, fearing Steve would have expectations of playing again, or more in the future. 

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Hence my mention of potential legal (or other) issues. I'm assuming he was physically capable of doing it. 

It could be as simple as Axl not wanting him to get too comfortable plating with them, fearing Steve would have expectations of playing again, or more in the future. 

Axl might be a bit delusional with a warped sense of reality - but I think he is generally pretty honest. And if I recall properly I think he said in an interview that it was the back injury that prevented Steven playing originally - hence I don't think it is any more complicated than that.

I think the tour started with Frank and they won't change anything until either Frank pisses someone off of ticket sales dry to the point they need the full reunion.

I certainly agree its ridiculous to have Adler there who can play the tunes much better than anyone else and only have him play on 1 song - but like I said upfront Axl comes across as warped but honest. And its the warped thinking that leads to the situation not a hidden agenda I think.

• Like 1