Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 29.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

On 5/2/2021 at 5:12 AM, foreverguns said:

We were playing three nights at the Tokyo dome,” remembers Duff. “I kinda figured out how much I was making from those shows – and it was a lot. Anyway, I’d bought a Corvette a couple of years before, which had always been my dream car. It was great. A convertible black Corvette. Beautiful. So after this show in Tokyo, Gilby was wandering around in this shirt that I really liked. I said, ‘Tell your wife to go to my house in LA and get the keys to my Corvette. I’ll trade it for your shirt.’ He said, ‘You’re fucking kidding me!’ This car was worth over $30,000! But I didn’t care, I just bought another one straight away. Do I still have the shirt? I do. It’s a nice shirt.”

That's... punk as fuck 

• Haha 1
On 5/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, slash23579 said:

I really wish they’d stop using black and white for all the photos they post. Great picture of Axl and Angus regardless, it’s cool to see a casual Axl instead of what we see on stage

Yeah no I agree with you totally, but that was such a pretty excellent pic....so I will give Kat a pass. This time. :P

The facebook comments under the Black hole sun video in tribute of Cornell... wow😬 for a band about to kick off a  new tour, the fans are beating the hell out of Axl hopefully people bought their tickets yesterday😄 "Nice gesture but he has no voice" is the basic sentiment. People who pay to hear Axl sing don't want this type of vocal low vocal or to hear this wimpy kitten roar, they want the Axl voice that's like standing in front of a jet engine. 

I'd love to know if he's ever heard this or many of the other nitl multi-tracks back. He couldn't be pleased with it.

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The facebook comments under the Black hole sun video in tribute of Cornell... wow😬 for a band about to kick off a  new tour, the fans are beating the hell out of Axl hopefully people bought their tickets yesterday😄 "Nice gesture but he has no voice" is the basic sentiment. People who pay to hear Axl sing don't want this type of vocal low vocal or to hear this wimpy kitten roar, they want the Axl voice that's like standing in front of a jet engine. 

I'd love to know if he's ever heard this or many of the other nitl multi-tracks back. He couldn't be pleased with it.

"Hey Fernando, what are you gonna post as promotion for the upcoming US shows?"

"Black Hole Sun seemed to get a lot of attention when we released it, let's just post that again."

"Was it good attention?"

"...tag it #rip or or something so people will look like assholes for bashing it."

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Hey Fernando, what are you gonna post as promotion for the upcoming US shows?"

"Black Hole Sun seemed to get a lot of attention when we released it, let's just post that again."

"Was it good attention?"

"...tag it #rip or or something so people will look like assholes for bashing it."

Lots of assholes so🤣 "genius manager"

Why... WHY DO THEY CHOOSE THE WORST FUCKING PERFORMANCE OF THE SONG TO POST!!?!?!?! is a song Axl even being 100% cant pull off... and u go and post one where he is SICK... 
God damn... this shit just makes me loose my freaking mind... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

At a guess this means Slash releases his album in September / October that means a tour in December? through early 2022. 

Big IF but if GNR did have a record ready to go, that basically holds it until May/June 2022. I think the likelihood of Slash releasing his record close to a GNR record is  extremely unlikely though because nobody would pay attention to it. Fortunately for Slash he won't have to compete😄

I love his work ethic, he took the year off and hammered out a record and he's basically ready to go now that the doors are opening again. Hopefull the album is stronger than Living the dream🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Slash and Myles Kennedy are the modern day Mick Jagger/Keith Richards. Steven Tyler/Joe Perry. If they have a new album out, you can damn well be sure I'll be first in fucking line.

This is a brave statement😄 I think they work well together, but not so sure it's the full package of chemistry. They have written great songs together, but not a absolute must have record. Myles is obviously also an incredible singer but he doesn't really have that lead singer charisma that puts him up to that Jagger/Tyler/Rose other half category IMO. He's no slouch though! And looking forward to the album.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

This is a brave statement😄 I think they work well together, but not so sure it's the full package of chemistry. They have written great songs together, but not a absolute must have record. Myles is obviously also an incredible singer but he doesn't really have that lead singer charisma that puts him up to that Jagger/Tyler/Rose other half category IMO. He's no slouch though! And looking forward to the album.

I love most of the SMKC stuff and definetly agree Myles is a great singer...... but he is definitely not in the same class as Jagger or Tyler in both the song writing as well as stage presence categories.  I'm a fan of Myles but a coat rack has more charisma than he does on stage.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2