Jump to content

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I love most of the SMKC stuff and definetly agree Myles is a great singer...... but he is definitely not in the same class as Jagger or Tyler in both the song writing as well as stage presence categories.  I'm a fan of Myles but a coat rack has more charisma than he does on stage.  

He has improved massively. He's just the type to be "beers in the air fuckers, let's tear this place apart!!!!" But that's OK, I don't think being lead singer of Slash or a more classic rock group was something he ever would have naturally went for, but opportunity comes a knockin' and you can't sat no!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He has improved massively. He's just the type to be "beers in the air fuckers, let's tear this place apart!!!!" But that's OK, I don't think being lead singer of Slash or a more classic rock group was something he ever would have naturally went for, but opportunity comes a knockin' and you can't sat no!

You can't really "improve" with this. Myles is a sweetheart, probably a great human being and all, but as a frontman of a rock band? Boring as fuck, his approach is like going to the office and it sounds just like that. It's a totally different thing with guys like Axl, Jim Morrison, Johnny Rotten, Amy, Weiland, etc. Myles is so 2020, but who wants that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

You can't really "improve" with this. Myles is a sweetheart, probably a great human being and all, but as a frontman of a rock band? Boring as fuck, his approach is like going to the office and it sounds just like that. It's a totally different thing with guys like Axl, Jim Morrison, Johnny Rotten, Amy, Weiland, etc. Myles is so 2020, but who wants that?

Well that's your take on it, and I don't fully disagree. I would say watching him upfront in 2010 vs the last shows there was clearly improvement. Some people are built to be bigger than life showmen, others aren't. Johnny Rotten? I get the impact of the Sex pistols but I never really thought of him as one of the greats. People remember him though, so he clearly did something right! Even if he is a fucking moron!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well that's your take on it, and I don't fully disagree. I would say watching him upfront in 2010 vs the last shows there was clearly improvement. Some people are built to be bigger than life showmen, others aren't. Johnny Rotten? I get the impact of the Sex pistols but I never really thought of him as one of the greats. People remember him though, so he clearly did something right! Even if he is a fucking moron!

He had Charisma, he rubbed people the wrong way, just like Axl or Morrison. Love him, hate him - he was interesting. Myles is not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

He had Charisma, he rubbed people the wrong way, just like Axl or Morrison. Love him, hate him - he was interesting. Myles is not.

Do you have to be an antagonist to be charismatic? I think there's more ways than one to front a band, end of the day he sings his ass off so who cares if he's not Dave Lee Roth to high kicks... he's also consistent something the majority of the singers you listed were / are not. What do you want in a show? a singer who is entertaining to watch but sounds like shit, or a singer who is pleasant on stage but sounds like the record? Easy choice for me.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kranich said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPelaKHMq72/?utm_medium=copy_link

It will be unmissable sounds so stupid to me

Holy fuck... they're going the residency route already??? This is mental, talk about watering down your stock. Simply anything to avoid releasing music and keeping the money coming in. In the same week Slash is teasing his new record🙈 they just think people are dying to hear them again, yet 60% of the social media comments is "record a new album!!". You have to laugh!! If there was a new album I'd consider going to this just to see Vegas... a gnr show at this point is a bonus rather THE thing. Wouldn't give them any money as is. The #notinthislifetime tag is also so fucking crazy are the honestly going to do not in this lifetime 6years later in casinos? Genius manager strikes again🙄 

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The #notinthislifetime tag is also so fucking crazy are the honestly going to do not in this lifetime 6years later in casinos? Genius manager strikes again🙄 

The image and tags are by the instagram account "gnr_news2", which is not related to the band or management as far as I know. 

The image is also from Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, not Las Vegas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The image and tags are by the instagram account "gnr_news2", which is not related to the band or management as far as I know. 

The image is also from Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, not Las Vegas. 

Splitting hairs when it's atlantic city vs Las vegas🤣  Maybe it's a single or just 2 back to back dates, in which case that's passable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Splitting hairs when it's atlantic city vs Las vegas🤣  Maybe it's a single or just 2 back to back dates, in which case that's passable.

No, but I mean, I don't think GN'R will do a residency in New Jersey. This is likely just a one-off show, don't you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, but I mean, I don't think GN'R will do a residency in New Jersey. This is likely just a one-off show, don't you think?

Hopefully, but I wouldn't put anything past this clown show! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Nice for all the young kids who look up and see the sign and ask their parents what F'N' means.

Friggin / effin
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. 
Wait, did it ever mean anything else? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Friggin / effin
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. 
Wait, did it ever mean anything else? 

Why not just tell the kids it means "fucking" and that it is a swear word? It won't damage the kids.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Because Americans are prude

It's a bit weird, isn't it? Their culture is full of swearing, yet they seem to have this belief kids are hurt if they ever hear one. Then stop using them, morons!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Gods sake it is just a word, oh yea I forgot when I first heard it as a child I had a fit:facepalm:

 

I dont understand what this new billboard means not being American, are they due to do a residency somewhere?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2021 at 7:43 AM, El Guapo said:

He had Charisma, he rubbed people the wrong way, just like Axl or Morrison. Love him, hate him - he was interesting. Myles is not.

Myles has the charisma of a paperclip and the talent of a run of the mill by the numbers session musician. Seems like a nice guy but personally I can't stand him.

22 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, but I mean, I don't think GN'R will do a residency in New Jersey. This is likely just a one-off show, don't you think?

My heart will sink if they do a residency. What the fuck is wrong with them?

4 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Because Americans are prude

Yeah, they love violence but they're weird about sex. I dunno if this was an American's doing but I was listening to Common People by Pulp and realised 'screw' meaning to fuck - is censored. Unbelievable.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...