Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I've seen other people speculate on that. I wouldn't rule it out, although it doesn't read like Axl's prose.

Beta first argued with CD era fans saying that Axl has "sold out" and the song is not new, etc. (and I have to say that some of those comments were too out there rants, accusing Beta even of dictating Axl how to sing) and then she went to Slash's instagram to argue with Slash fans saying that Slash has "sold out" and he should record only with SMKC. Probably many of the fans who post on Slash's instagram don't even know who she is. What does she think she'll accomplish?

I am absolutely confident this is Beta posting. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

This is not the first time she has went off on people on social media comment sections either lol.  I think it is just a case of someone getting too hot headed and not being able to handle internet shitposting regarding Axl and GNR - which is not a good look for someone so high up in the business end of GNR

Again, don't think she is a manager anymore. Fernando took over. 

And yes, surely this is not the first person of that generation who struggle with etiquette on the net and fail to realize they are talking to real persons. From most accounts, she is a sweet lady if you meet her in person. 

Lastly, she seems to share Axl's sensitivity when it comes to criticism. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Beta still seems overly protective of Axl and I did notice that not every subject pushes her buttons. Sometimes she'll lose control and just go off on a person if she thinks they're saying something that is wrong and could potentially offend Axl. I think it's likely that Axl vents to her about Gn'R or at least did in the past and she probably feels strongly about it too so maybe it's out of love.

ugly words though for fans online. She handled it very poorly imo and it reminds me of Sebastian Bach getting into silly blabbermouth fights over a negative comment made about him.

I think there have been similar comments about Axl's vocals on CD (that they are autotuned), which probably upset Axl.

There were various rumours about why Axl didn't show up in Philadelphia in 2002. One of them, which I see being true, was that Axl was in great mood after the MSG show -  it had been sold out and gone really well - and stayed up waiting eagerly for the reviews. But then he put on Howard Stern on the radio and when they were discussing the MSG show, Stern's producer, who was there, said that Axl was lip syncing, and hearing that caused Axl to have a nervous breakdown. Maybe comments suggesting that his vocals are "phony" really get to him.

Although nothing can justify Beta's conduct, we don't really know what situations she may have dealt with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Are we to assume that it's only Slash, Duff, Axl on "Absurd" since the other members didn't post anything about the song on their socials (we already know it's Brain and not Frank on drums)?

Or they are not authorized to post on the bands behalf as far as new material goes? 

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Are we to assume that it's only Slash, Duff, Axl on "Absurd" since the other members didn't post anything about the song on their socials (we already know it's Brain and not Frank on drums)?

It very well could be, Slash doing a "Locomotive" where all the guitar overdubs are him

The slow break however is another guitarist for sure, considering it is the same guitar take as on the BBF leak of it

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I know Richard plays a lead live, but I am starting to think its just Axl, Slash, and Duff on the main parts on the studio recording :shrugs:

33 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It very well could be, Slash doing a "Locomotive" where all the guitar overdubs are him

The slow break however is another guitarist for sure, considering it is the same guitar take as on the BBF leak of it

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I know Richard plays a lead live, but I am starting to think its just Axl, Slash, and Duff on the main parts on the studio recording :shrugs:

It's just Slash, plus whoever is doing the bit in the quiet part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Looking at Slash’s latest Instagram entry. Actually, looking at everything Slash has ever posted on Instagram, I don’t have a hard time believing he genuinely loves Absurd. In a way it is the ultimate Slash song.

His Instagram suggests he is quite a freak, which then makes me wonder how much of a freak Perla must be for him to have married her and stayed with her a long time. Meegan must be pretty freaky too. 

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • ABSUЯD 1

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's just Slash, plus whoever is doing the bit in the quiet part.

That has to Bucket in the quiet part, then. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Beta’s story from the gas station is my favourite thing she’s ever posted :lol:

It was a cute little insight into life on the road.

You think they’re driving to Montana or did they just swing by a gas station on the way back to a private jet?

Edit: Just looked it up and it’s about 13 hours to the next location so I’m gonna assume it was a pit stop on the way back to the plane.

Edited by Martin Riggs