Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 7/23/2021 at 7:21 AM, jamillos said:

Right? But seriously, think about it. All they need to do is post one single photo of this sort, and all hell would break loose, in a good way. The fans would have plenty to talk about, there would be hope, joy, all the stuff. One fucking picture. But no, that's not how we roll... We're F'n back, fam. 

Well, you can't take a picture of something that's not happening.

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's rehearsal, not recording a new album in the studio.

A GNR non-event either way. The installation could've used a hat with some change in it.

Normally, I would find it hard to believe that they just now started rehearsals BUT as someone else pointed out: they've been rehearsing this show for 5 years now, so they're all set 

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes

Also this

Hope they've been working on some different songs.

They started playing quite a few songs they hadn't played here post "reunion" yet.. Dead Horse, Slither, Locomotive, You're Crazy, Shadow Of Your Love, So Fine.. I would be stoked to see any and all of those.. Except maybe So Fine lol.. Plus it looks like they were going to try Pretty Tied Up and Think About You..  That is quite a few deep cuts and changes since last time they came to Boston... Maybe mix up the order a bit.. Although, I think they started to make a couple minor tweaks there too.  Would love to see a throwback to the way they used to play KOHD and Rocket Queen.  I do love the extended jams but they are missing the mark on those songs.. Too much Fortus

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 9:07 PM, Tom-Ass said:

They started playing quite a few songs they hadn't played here post "reunion" yet.. Dead Horse, Slither, Locomotive, You're Crazy, Shadow Of Your Love, So Fine.. I would be stoked to see any and all of those.. Except maybe So Fine lol.. Plus it looks like they were going to try Pretty Tied Up and Think About You..  That is quite a few deep cuts and changes since last time they came to Boston... Maybe mix up the order a bit.. Although, I think they started to make a couple minor tweaks there too.  Would love to see a throwback to the way they used to play KOHD and Rocket Queen.  I do love the extended jams but they are missing the mark on those songs.. Too much Fortus

This has always been my point about the set.  By the end they had a really incredible setlist that people would have died to see years ago...

Like imagine in 2015 if I told you Axl and Slash would be back on stage together playing songs like Coma, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Yesterdays.  They would be doing deep cuts like SoYL, and would be playing Slither lol

The NITL set was generally very good.

• Like 4

Yes, but it needs to be mixed up a little bit and they should throw in some stuff they haven't done a lot in the last years or not at all. 

Then it will be interesting to follow these shows. 

With Axl's voice I'm not sure. I don't think he will sound great. It's getting worser and worser to the point where it's almost emberassing.