Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

No, he looks like a white dude in his late 20’s or 30’s. He’s the only other person visible in the video from the store outside of Axl and Fernando. Then he’s in the tour bus video Beta uploaded of them traveling through Montana today.

Might have been Vanessa's hubby, but not sure.

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There is a newer story on Beta's instagram from inside the tour bus on the road to Montana.

It’s like she’s still reading this forum

15 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They have a bus too, I think Melissa is on theirs as well, and Kat.

What about Jarmo is he still around?

On 8/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Axl looking at stuff

image.png.3fed337a9b400e2de084c6f861544d58.png

Axl getting beef jerky

image.thumb.png.92791692500680b3e5d207a38d83a51d.png

Fernando being Fernando

image.thumb.png.198f66f697a6ff2fc750214168af604d.png

Fernando scouting some new GNR merch ideas. Be on the look out for the Guns N' Roses Micro F'N Blasters on the store soon!

Also Axl's shorts/socks combo is sublime. Looks like he's ready to fire up the grill.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Why should someone be ashamed of their skin tone?

Of course. people with ginger hair usually have a very pale and sensitive skin. I have blonde hair and very light skin, which shock people and pisses me off when I hear comments: go sunbathing! it's nobody's business what color my skin is. ps. in general, Axl has a very nice complexion.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, mystery said:

I could be the guy next to him with the gray shirt and not know that Axl Rose was walking right beside me. The only giveaway would be the big security guard holding the door open.

Reminds me of that Kurt Cobain quote:

A few years ago, we were in Detroit, playing at this club, and about 10 people showed up. And next door, there was this bar, and Axl Rose came in with 10 or 15 bodyguards. It was this huge extravaganza; all these people were fawning over him. If he’d just walked in by himself, it would have been no big deal. But he wanted that. You create attention to attract attention.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/kurt-cobain-the-rolling-stone-interview-success-doesnt-suck-97194/

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

Cobain was truly insufferable in those days, wasn't he? Desperate for attention and name-dropped Axl ad nauseum.

I doubt he was desperate for attention... in fact, on most days I think he hated the attention.

Just now, GnR Chris said:

Don't believe his childish words. A man who doesn't seek attention doesn't pose for magazine covers, and doesn't pick a fight with the biggest rock band at the time. Kurt marketed himself brilliantly as being counter culture but he loved to indulge in the rock star lifestyle. Posing for a Rolling Stone cover with a "corporate magazines still suck" shirt doesn't make you cool. It makes you a hypocrite. The irony is Axl is the one who ended up doing the media boycott and becoming what they'd call a "recluse" simply for avoiding paparazzi and not making big deals about being out and about. How many stories do we hear about Axl randomly (quietly) turning up at some empty bar late at night?

He was very contradictive. It eventually drove him crazy. He complained about success, but then a day later he complained that MTV didn't play his videos often enough.

I think on most days he hated attention, though. I mean, in 1992 when they were the hippest band on the planet, and every big rock band wanted to tour with them (GnR, Metallica, U2), he decided to not tour at all and instead crawl away in an apartment spending his days painting and shooting up because he couldn't handle the attention. And at the end of his life he more or less did the same thing with a worse outcome.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 9:20 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

There is

Those shoes look a bazillion times better than those boots he wears on stage. Never got why he wore them, the sneakers he wore in 2016 also looked better, more comfortable and made him look younger.

• Like 1