Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not the combination of rings, white socks (he's been wearing them for ages), hat and tattoos? :lol:

I feel like that could be your average guy at a truck stop in New Jersey. He has the fashion of a 50 something year old dad now. Interesting quote by Cobain there. I think Axl kind of gave up that big public rockstar vibe by 1994.

That level and pressure of fame can kill you as it did unfortunately with Kurt. I remember reading during those reclusive years Axl would disguise himself a bit when going out. That and how different he looked in general probably allowed him to go out in public relatively unnoticed. 

I think people forget that stars just want to be able to go out and do normal/mundane stuff like this sometimes.

4 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Those shoes look a bazillion times better than those boots he wears on stage. Never got why he wore them, the sneakers he wore in 2016 also looked better, more comfortable and made him look younger.

They're actually womens shoes. Someone on one of the Facebook GNR groups found them, lol.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

They're actually womens shoes. Someone on one of the Facebook GNR groups found them, lol.

After I saw that IG story I also looked up that Air Jordan 1 mid color way and yes they were only available in women’s in that color way. I collect tees and Amiri stuff Axl wears. The women’s style of Jordan’s to me was pretty crazy!

10 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Those shoes look a bazillion times better than those boots he wears on stage. Never got why he wore them, the sneakers he wore in 2016 also looked better, more comfortable and made him look younger.

I remember reading somewhere (maybe on here) that Axl had some problems with his ankles and that the snake boots are specifically made for him to have more stability 

I also think that he mentioned after he fell in Vegas 2019, that his shoes saved him from worse injuries 

Edit: I found the tweet: 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 3

On 8/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, mystery said:

I could be the guy next to him with the gray shirt and not know that Axl Rose was walking right beside me. The only giveaway would be the big security guard holding the door open.

Normal clothing and no entourage or bodyguards just attracts a lot less attention. Funny story: David Gilmour and his wife asked for directions one day, I thought the guy looked kinda familar but I wasn't really aware and he wasn't touring at the time, just seemed like a normal dude. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later when I saw a video I realised I was talking to the guitarist of Pink Floyd. :lol:

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 1
  • Wow 4
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Normal clothing and no entourage or bodyguards just attracts a lot less attention. Funny story: David Gilmour and his wife asked for directions one day, I thought the guy looked kinda familar but I wasn't really aware and he wasn't touring at the time, just seemed like a normal dude. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later when I saw a video I realised I was talking to the guitarist of Pink Floyd. :lol:

I could see that 100% with David Gilmour. Even knowing what he currently looks like, I'd probably second guess myself that he was somehow asking me for directions.

• Haha 1

Just now, Joraz said:

Sebastian has heard the new album. Its only A matter of time untiL we do

Did he say that recently? Or you mean interviews from years ago?

Talking about GnR doesn't mean talking about the new album. Probably they share some "war stories". Besides, I don't think GnR would leave it to Sebastian and Riki to announce it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Joraz said:

Sebastian has heard the new album. Its only A matter of time untiL we do

Again, I'd love for this to be the case but I don't see anything about that tweet suggesting it's any sort of promotion for a new record...

Why would Bach and Riki Rachtman promote the new GN'R album, it's more likely that it's some podcast under the Spotify umbrella that is going to release some sort of documentary about UYI for the 30th anniversary next month!

• Like 2

I always wonder what happened to Sebastian and Axl's relationship in the 90s. Based on Eddie Trunk's interview in 06, Sebastian made it seem like him and Axl didn't really keep in touch for years. Seems like they rekindled their friendship at some point in the 2000s.

8 hours ago, mystery said:

I always wonder what happened to Sebastian and Axl's relationship in the 90s. Based on Eddie Trunk's interview in 06, Sebastian made it seem like him and Axl didn't really keep in touch for years. Seems like they rekindled their friendship at some point in the 2000s.

Axl just "disappeared" on Sebastian like on many other people. And in 2006 he texted him out of the blue. That's what they said, at least.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Axl just "disappeared" for Sebastian like for many other people. And in 2006 he texted him out of the blue. That's what they said, at least.

The most awkward moment of that Trunk interview is Sebastian asking whatever happened to Wes Arkeen and Axl having to tell him he passed. He'd been dead almost a decade by that point.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Never heard of this. Do you have any link that could corroborate it?

There's absolutely no evidence to back up the claim. Baz went on a podcast to discuss music. In his tweet about it, he said they talked about GN'R. That's all there is to it. @Jorazmade up the rest and posted it as fact. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

Has anyone seen Beta's IG story about the donuts she got and the "joke" about Axl :rofl-lol:

Ik that it's sad that something like that can drag anyone's interest (me) 

This band... however it was funny, it reminded me about the fat memes back in the day

Anyone know the name of that Donut shop? It’s really famous. It’s a stop on everyone’s trip to Portland.

edit: never mind just listened to Beta. it’s Voodoo Doughnuts👍

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Is that a new Madagascar mix???? With Slash??????

We gonna have a Chinese 2.0?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS734DuoZjN/?utm_medium=copy_link

I was thinking along similar lines. Only had a quick listen, but at the very least the bass sounds different.

I'd love to hear the 'Chinese' songs they've played in recent years reworked in the studio, maybe as a bonus or limited edition kind of thing

• Like 1