Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Ha, for a second there, I thought Axl actually did some sort of promotion. But this looks like a 2018 or earlier (longish hair) pic from a show, modified by colour-blind Kat. 
(See a better resolution on FB.)

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

This has always been my point about the set.  By the end they had a really incredible setlist that people would have died to see years ago...

Like imagine in 2015 if I told you Axl and Slash would be back on stage together playing songs like Coma, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Yesterdays.  They would be doing deep cuts like SoYL, and would be playing Slither lol

The NITL set was generally very good.

100%.. They could make the front half a little less unpredictable but I think the setlist is one of they very few things they do right.  They are always making subtle changes and they do take chances.. Their sets have more variety than most rock acts out there.. I go to a lot of shows.. Most bands play the exact or close to the exact set for an entire tour.. Maybe switching up one or two songs.. 

• Like 2

Based on reviews, they could probably benefit from trimming the setlists with 4-5 songs.

But yeah, the way they have slowly changed the setlist over the years by replacing some deeper cuts and covers, is decent.  

If it was up to me they would get rid of most of the solo spots, covers and changed up the deep cuts even more (and add more songs from the back catalogues to the rooster of songs they change up for every gig). But all in all the setlists are great. 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think the setlist is killer. It just sucks it's not accompanied by new songs, Hard School could be the change in that though.

They need to shorten some songs KOHD for example is just excess bloat. Also get rid of the damn covers.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, Tom-Ass said:

100%.. They could make the front half a little less unpredictable but I think the setlist is one of they very few things they do right.  They are always making subtle changes and they do take chances.. Their sets have more variety than most rock acts out there.. I go to a lot of shows.. Most bands play the exact or close to the exact set for an entire tour.. Maybe switching up one or two songs.. 

They've been playing practically the same setlist for multiple tours now.

Edited by Towelie

On 7/30/2021 at 9:06 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think the setlist is killer. It just sucks it's not accompanied by new songs, Hard School could be the change in that though.

Honestly if they add Hard School, I think that even just changing the order of some of the songs can do wonders with keeping them fresh.  Having a new opener like YCBM, Nightrain, etc. and just doing things like putting Jungle as the first song of the first encore, or moving Brownstone and ISE in the set, could change the vibe and keep things more fresh

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Their "mysterious" shit is getting old and annoying.

It’s like a cock tease, we all know it’s going to be the same shit, set list, same looking Axl. It’s like nascar and when they tease the darlington throwbacks, goes on forever and the outcome half the time is a let down. 

2 hours ago, AppetiteForDestruction said:

It’s like a cock tease, we all know it’s going to be the same shit, set list, same looking Axl. It’s like nascar and when they tease the darlington throwbacks, goes on forever and the outcome half the time is a let down. 

I used to be hardcore into NASCAR back when I lived in the south.