Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

21 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Uhmmmm im not so sure man.

It seems pretty obvious... the drums (the sound and the playing) really give it away plus you can hear Axl start coming in at the end with that weak voice.

Also, there are enough versions of the CD songs. Are people seriously that desperate for music from Axl and Slash that they'd welcome re-recordings of CD songs? :confused:

edit: look up the performance from LA on youtube... that's definitely the soundboard recording.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It seems pretty obvious... the drums (the sound and the playing) really give it away plus you can hear Axl start coming in at the end with that weak voice.

Also, there are enough versions of the CD songs. Are people seriously that desperate for music from Axl and Slash that they'd welcome re-recordings of CD songs? :confused:

:lol:. Good point... theres not vocals.

And desesperate... not. Some of us get excited with so little things... gnr related of course.

7 minutes ago, axlvai said:

:lol:. Good point... theres not vocals.

And desesperate... not. Some of us get excited with so little things... gnr related of course.

You can hear Axl do that 'ooh' thing at the very end before he goes into the last chorus. But even without that, it seems pretty obvious that it's a soundboard recording.

We have IEMs and soundboards of most CD songs... I'm a CD fan but I have absolutely zero interest in hearing Slash and Duff pasted into studio versions of those songs (which would probably still have the same vocals and other parts lol.)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You can hear Axl do that 'ooh' thing at the very end before he goes into the last chorus. But even without that, it seems pretty obvious that it's a soundboard recording.

We have IEMs and soundboards of most CD songs... I'm a CD fan but I have absolutely zero interest in hearing Slash and Duff pasted into studio versions of those songs (which would probably still have the same vocals and other parts lol.)

I heard it. Sounds like studio :lol:

• Haha 1

Listen, I'm a defender of the band releasing 20 year old unreleased tunes. But rereleasing a 13 year old song just so we can hear Slash doing his best Guys-Doing-Their-Best-Slash would be the most ridiculous decision a band known for making ridiculous decisions could possibly make.

It's a soundboard.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 12:13 PM, DoMw94 said:

I was thinking along similar lines. Only had a quick listen, but at the very least the bass sounds different.

I'd love to hear the 'Chinese' songs they've played in recent years reworked in the studio, maybe as a bonus or limited edition kind of thing

What...... and wait another 12 years for it, no thanks 😂 

• Haha 1