Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Nope...not politics related.

This....

From Rihanna to the Rolling Stones, Eight New Albums Fans Are Crossing Their Fingers Will Be Released in 2022

A look at some of pop music’s most longed-for albums across hip-hop, pop and rock ’n’ roll

By 
Neil Shah
Guns N’ Roses
In 2016, Axl Rose and Slash shared a stage for the first time in 23 years—and they’ve been on tour since. But what Guns N’ Roses loyalists now want is a new album, which would be the first since 2008’s “Chinese Democracy,” which Slash wasn’t involved with.

To spur excitement for recent shows, the hard-rock band used a stopgap measure: They released two songs, “Absurd” and “Hard Skool,” that are revamped versions of old, unreleased songs Mr. Rose had in his vault. The songs will appear on an EP out Feb. 25. Chances for a new album, however, are low; Slash said in October the band hadn’t begun writing it.

I don't know... There have been hundreds of similar articles since October (when Slash did that interview), so I don't see why Axl would be pissed off over a WSJ article saying the same thing - and, in general, he very rarely reacts publicly about anything having to do with GnR.

I still think the tweet has to do with politics.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know... There have been hundreds of similar articles since October (when Slash did that interview), so I don't see why Axl would be pissed off over a WSJ article saying the same thing - and, in general, he very rarely reacts publicly about anything having to do with GnR.

I still think the tweet has to do with politics.

Yeah, you are probably right. It was late at night when I read that article and didn't realize it was a week old, so will delete it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah, you are probably right. It was late at night when I read that article and didn't realize it was a week old, so will delete it. 

Yesterday was the capitol riot stuff.  If you're going to pick a fight at least be clear in what you're pissed off about.  And truthfully Axl, I don't care for your contributions to creating a political civil war.  Can you do something about bringing people together?

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1

I appreciate Axl calling out a bunch of twerps led by the biggest twerp ever, I wish more people were calling out these people (60% republicans believe the insane election rants of Trump.)  Its time to wake up American citizens as you heading for a civil war and sitting around saying or doing nothing is not going to help.  Good for Axl

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2022 at 9:25 PM, mystery said:

It feels like Axl has greatly reduced the use of Twitter to just birthdays and deaths of those close to him. The Trump presidency made him use it a bunch but I feel like that was the last hurrah.

Always thought it was funny how Axl put out a long statement through Twitter saying he wasn't afraid to post his political opinions and would be vocal about it only to barely post since.

Axl's a bleeding heart liberal, so of course he isn't going to be critical now with a democrat as president, no matter how terrible Biden is. Not having to see Axl tweet political BS is the only positive about Biden as President. If it were a republican running the same exact policies as Biden is, you can be sure Axl would be bitching all the time about it on twitter.

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

f it were a republican running the same exact policies as Biden is, you can be sure Axl would be bitching all the time about it on twitter.

Trick question - republicans don't have the sense to run many of those at least marginally-more sensical policies in the first place so Axl doesn't have to worry about that anyway lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Trick question - republicans don't have the sense to run many of those at least marginally-more sensical policies in the first place

I don't see any difference in policy. Democrat or republican, t's always more debt, more inflation, and more immigration. I guess we'll just stay the course until the SHTF.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yes, just keep fighting each other, while they keep going to the bank... 

That's how it's always worked. 

Doesn't have to be that way.  If a group of men can come together to form a government, a group of people can come together to manage it.