Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 2/19/2021 at 7:17 AM, reayj2003 said:

The Caesars palace shows were great as the venue was awesome. Good opportunity to get up close and personal but on a grand scale. Very different to a stadium gig.

That second show Jason Momoa was sat in front of me then went side stage. 

Axl wasn’t the best I’ve heard him but I remember certain songs like Dead Horse sounding amazing. It’s on YouTube 

The guy is getting older and the voice ages. When you’re at a gig and it’s extremely loud and mixed for the venue it’s inevitably gonna sound more enjoyable anyway.  

Here is a fan recording of same performance. To me Axl sounds better in the mix - 

I've seen some footage of shows when GNR were on top of their game and sometimes Axl's voice was going out too. Especially when the show was near the end. you could hear him losing his breathe too.

Shit happens at shows. Most singers lose it as they get older, some don't. Not sure why?

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Ok... now release a Selects with this, Absurd, Hard Skool and You're Crazy. :devilshades:

As someone who prefers to listen to live performances of the songs compared to the studio versions, I hope that they will return the selects. Gn`R has so many great live performances, it's a real tragedy that they don't publish it.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Lol at Del James with the "a true friend" bit......

I'll see his quote and raise it with one from Prince: "a true friend, is not on your payroll" 

There’s no denying they are tight friends, regardless of Del working for GNR. Shit, I hope many of my colleagues consider me a friend, too, and we don't go 30 years back. 

• Like 2