Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

These tours that get announced and tickets being sold without the band`s knowledge or authorization....do these things only happen in the world of Guns or is that a common thing?

Don´t know, but I remember Axl said that an european tour years ago was set up without his knowledge ... weird...

New tweet from Axl:

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

There are NO new Guns N' Roses shows added to our current onsale itinerary dated as of February 25th. This means NO SHOWS in Panama, Costa Rica or Guatemala regardless of ANYONE's claims or ticket sales. These dates or ANY additional dates anywhere other than those already previously announced and on sale before February 25th will NOT BE HONORED. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS until further notice here on this my personal twitter account. If you have purchased tickets to ANY suggested new dates being offered after February 25th please contact your place of purchase for refunds. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Axl-

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/cl5tn

It's good to be informed about this.

These tours that get announced and tickets being sold without the band`s knowledge or authorization....do these things only happen in the world of Guns or is that a common thing?

As far as I understand it has to do with the rumours turning into the news. Tickets to these shows haven't yet been put on sale. (Or have they?)

At the same time the value of people's stupidity and gullibility cannot be overestimated. While one man may have an idea, another one may easily realize it. And though I understand that the things I'm gonna say will in no way improve the image of my country, but if you want to know whether there have ever been precedents of such swindle - it's not unprecedented.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

As far as I understand it has to do with the rumours turning into the news. Tickets to these shows haven't yet been put on sale. (Or have they?)

At the same time the value of people's stupidity and gullibility cannot be overestimated. While one man may have an idea, another one may easily realize it. And though I understand that the things I'm gonna say will in no way improve the image of my country, but if you want to know whether there have ever been precedents of such swindle - it's not unprecedented.

So are the shows not happening at all? damn i'm living in Costa Rica right now. Last friday i talked to 28 Producciones here in Costa and the said to me that the show is happening on April 7th and that the ticktes will be sold on March 2.

Maybe someone started to sell fake tickets and that's what Axl addressed.

**mod note: Unconfrimed ticket info removed**

I think the shows are happening, i hope.

Edited by zint61

Some promoters are insisting even after Axl´s statement. Here is an exemple:

http://www.nacion.com/2010-03-01/Entretenimiento/UltimaHora/Entretenimiento2285835.aspx

In this article, the promoters in Costa Rica are insisting that the show will take place, so, people are very confused.

Axl will not like this. :unsure:

People have been fooled and now they are blaiming Axl. And promoters aren´t helping. They are insisting on the dates instead of talking to management and try to solve the situation.

Some promoters are insisting even after Axl´s statement. Here is an exemple:

http://www.nacion.com/2010-03-01/Entretenimiento/UltimaHora/Entretenimiento2285835.aspx

In this article, the promoters in Costa Rica are insisting that the show will take place, so, people are very confused.

Axl will not like this. :unsure:

People have been fooled and now they are blaiming Axl. And promoters aren´t helping. They are insisting on the dates instead of talking to management and try to solve the situation.

The Asian tour was confirmed just 1 month before the performances. I don't know what to think, may be Axl doesn't want to be blamed for something that may not happen. I can understand him. But if these promoters are still planning on this, it's because they at least talked with management. There "is" something going on. Let's hope. It would be a big opportunity for Central America fans. They never played there as far as I know.

“Si usted ve, el mensaje dice que los conciertos anunciados antes del 25 de febrero no serán honrados y nosotros hicimos el anuncio el 26, así que puedo confirmar que el concierto se mantiene”, aseveró el productor.

"As you can see, the message says that the concerts announced before the 25th of February will not be honored--and we made the announcement the 26th--'asi' (a conjunction meaning "thusly", or like, "this is how") I can confirm that the concert will happen" averred the producer.

Actual technicality? Or is the guy full of shit?

Just don't buy tickets until it's on Axl's twitter, it's that simple.

What are you going to believe, Axl and the officail Guns facebook page or a promoter that we know fuck all about?

Edited by plonker88

Twitter:

bumblefoot: RIO!!!! Hotel room, sittin' on the balcony, watchin' the ocean............

6 minutes ago via web

DJASHBA Just landed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Touring south America for the next month and a half with Guns N' Roses!

about 2 hours ago via web

Facebook:

Dj ASHBA™ Just landed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Finally got to my room, it took 26 hours from the time I left my front door to get here. . ! Looking forward to playing in S. America!!!

2 hours ago

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY.

:xmassrudolph:

Twitter:

bumblefoot:    RIO!!!! Hotel room, sittin' on the balcony, watchin' the ocean............

6 minutes ago via web

DJASHBA    Just landed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Touring south America for the next month and a half with Guns N' Roses!

about 2 hours ago via web

Facebook:

Dj ASHBA™ Just landed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Finally got to my room, it took 26 hours from the time I left my front door to get here. . ! Looking forward to playing in S. America!!!

2 hours ago

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY.

:xmassrudolph:

I was just about to post this! I wonder if Axl's there, too?

I don't think Axl's there yet, Fernando told someone on his facebook yesterday that he'd be in South America "in a few days." Yes, I am creepy for stalking Fernando on Facebook.

HaHA! Well, it is to find out relevant information, so you aint stalkin!

I don't think Axl's there yet, Fernando told someone on his facebook yesterday that he'd be in South America "in a few days." Yes, I am creepy for stalking Fernando on Facebook.

HaHA! Well, it is to find out relevant information, so you aint stalkin!

Sometimes we seem the top intelligence service of a country ... :rofl-lol: