Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

It's interesting Kimmel doesn't have anything lined up for Friday... Then again it's also worth mentioning that there's no 4/1 tickets or listed Jimmy Kimmel shows from after 3/31 until the Monday April 11th.

http://1iota.com/Show/1/Jimmy-Kimmel-Live#Tickets

Perhaps the show may take vacation/ break after Thursday...

They wouldn't be withholding tickets to the public this close to a Friday show if was going to take place as per usual......

So, unless they are specifically restricting a public audience from a super secret event, I'm guessing it'll be a Kimmel re-run.

Edited by doakes

8 minutes ago, doakes said:

It's interesting Kimmel doesn't have anything lined up for Friday... Then again it's also worth mentioning that there's no 4/1 tickets or listed Jimmy Kimmel shows from after 3/31 until the Monday April 11th.

http://1iota.com/Show/1/Jimmy-Kimmel-Live#Tickets

Perhaps the show may take vacation/ break after Thursday...

They wouldn't be withholding tickets to the public this close to a Friday show if was going to take place as per usual......

So, unless they are specifically restricting a public audience from a super secret event, I'm guessing it'll be a Kimmel re-run.

I think they would at least finish the week before taking a break

9 minutes ago, ManetsUS said:

I think they would at least finish the week before taking a break

You'd think-- Sometimes no though. I'm not gonna rule Kimmel out, but as far as the 1st is concerned -- I think a club gig is more likely.

David Gilmour and Trailer Park Boys on tomorrow... GnR would be a monstrous way for Jimmy to close the week.

7 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Sir,

July 31 New Orleans  @ Superdome. You will see some of the other dates happen as well. You saw two nights in Vegas, you saw Mexico City announced next. You will see Chinese Democracy songs on the tour and a new management team running the tour as an oversight committee. At this rate, you should take me to Vegas to help you play blackjack before the shows if guessing is what my specialty is. 

There are other things that I cannot share because some of the stuff I know, if made public could compromise strategic negotiations. If any dates I have previously shared end up being incorrect, it's because at the time I shared them, they were only on tentative hold anyway. 

That's why i don't think an insider status is important

and that is the bottom line

Honestly, i don't get this hype around "ZOMG we know something earlier that will be announced at the right time" type thing is a big deal really

Of course as GNR being handled, these form of news becomes the only "early" source, because they choose "let the mistery going on" strategy (which is moronic in so many ways)

Tbh, i don't care if your reports become true or not, it had zero impact on my "GNR experience"  or my life. I do understand that a lot of forumers wants news (myself included) We've had so many liars that you NEVER sure who and what is legit until you saw/hear with your own two eyes/ears

That was my point

10/9 "insiders" are doing this fro attention whoring. If you are the ONE who is the exception then good for you 

edit: i just saw your signature: Alternative Nation Contributor

I lol'd

Edited by Strange Broue

7 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:
15 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

That's why i don't think an insider status is important

and that is the bottom line

Honestly, i don't get this hype around "ZOMG we know something earlier that will be announced at the right time" type thing is a big deal really

Of course as GNR being handled, these form of news becomes the only "early" source, because they choose "let the mistery going on" strategy (which is moronic in so many ways)

Tbh, i don't care if your reports become true or not, it had zero impact on my "GNR experience"  or my life. I do understand that a lot of forumers wants news (myself included) We've had so many liars that you NEVER sure who and what is legit until you saw/hear with your own two eyes/ears

That was my point

10/9 "insiders" are doing this fro attention whoring. If you are the ONE who is the exception then good for you 

edit: i just saw your signature: Alternative Nation Contributor

I lol'd

I don't really need the online attention.  I'm just a long time fan who likes to go to the shows.  I've seen them play live in 7 different countries and would like travel the world to see this tour if it ends up being good (Axl's voice holding up etc). I like giving other fans the info I receive in case they want to make use of it for trip planning or just for the sake of following their favorite band like they would their favorite sports team. 

Yes, I found it funny that Mr Buchannan at Alt Nation was using my posts for his GNR stories so I created the signature line.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Kimmel doesn't tape on Fridays.

They show reruns then, they probably haven't decided which one they will run next Friday.

Dang it, I thought maybe I was onto something. I'm based in New Zealand and just thought it was a new show each week night

4 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Don't forget someone mentioned the 30th, and the Troubadour is free that night due to a cancellation. http://www.troubadour.com/event/1002109-rita-wilson-los-angeles/

I mentioned that one. The cancelation is really the only thing I had, no other rumors supporting it being GN'R. Well, except the recent Billboard article saying sources said a show at The Troubadour was likely (if they decide on doing a club show).

It seems strange though. The Troubadour listed Rita's show as cancelled on both the venue site and their own site, saying "we are postponing....". I could be reading into it, but it almost seemed to me that this was done on the initiative of the venue.

Rita Wilson's twitter and website haven't even mentioned this show as being canceled.

• Like 1

I'm on mobile but I did my best to move most of the TMZ / Axl / AC/DC discussion to the thread about Axl & AC/DC. 

Please continue the discussion there and leave this thread to discussion specific to GNR social media. 

• Like 1