Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 28.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

:facepalm:

say what you will, but that shit happens out here all the time.

It's actually the exact scenario of when Faith No More did their secret show there this past September. Thursday at midnight, announced the day of...not that that means anything necessarily but it goes to show how these things work.

I'm not a crazy GN'R fan coming up with theories..I live out here and these kind of shows are quite common in hollywood and LA and i've been fortunate enough go to quite a few (VR at the Whisky, VR in an empty parking lot, Faith No More at the troub, etc etc). We'll see though. Slash usually has his bands play a special show at the Roxy to kick off a tour, so I was more expecting that than anything but the troub would be cool and is the venue that rumors seem to be popping up about.

A warm up show IS gonna happen. Why people want to deny that, I don't know. They aren't going to play together for the first time in 20 years in front of a crowd to a huge arena-crowd...it's gonna be to 250-400 people.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

say what you will, but that shit happens out here all the time.

It's actually the exact scenario of when Faith No More did their secret show there this past September. Thursday at midnight, announced the day of...not that that means anything necessarily but it goes to show how these things work.

I'm not a crazy GN'R fan coming up with theories..I live out here and these kind of shows are quite common in hollywood and LA and i've been fortunate enough go to quite a few (VR at the Whisky, VR in an empty parking lot, Faith No More at the troub, etc etc). We'll see though. Slash usually has his bands play a special show at the Roxy to kick off a tour, so I was more expecting that than anything but the troub would be cool and is the venue that rumors seem to be popping up about.

A warm up show IS gonna happen. Why people want to deny that, I don't know. They aren't going to play together for the first time in 20 years in front of a crowd to a huge arena-crowd...it's gonna be to 250-400 people.

Agree to disagree. I really don't think a warmup show is going to happen. But I do hope I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I deny it because I want to, selfishly, be at the first show.

I know there's a reason to a warm up gig, although I also see why there isn't. If they're ready, they're ready. If they want to do something for friends, I get it, but otherwise I don't see why its inconceivable that they'd play an arena their first time back. If they are practicing thats what they are doing it for. I know its a little different, but its not like Pink Floyd played together before Live 8. This is what you rehearse for. The only thing that happens when you play to a small club is you play. They won't find out anything really new I don't think. In fact, if I wanted to get specific I'd say it only serves to hurt them because videos could get out of Axl sounding terrible and turning people off. But again, thats very specific.

I'm just saying, while I see why some think a warm up will happen, I don't see any reason Vegas COULDN'T be their first show. 

• Like 1

Yeah but it wasn't a "surprise". Steven is more confirmed in than Izzy at this point. Steven is a given is the way I see it. We've heard no reason otherwise. Izzy on the other hand, is still very much questionable IMO. I think he's in, but his last public thing was he isn't.

As long as adlers singer doesn't say "oh yeah he's in he'll be at the Vegas shows" or gives away details then they're fine. There should be no issue.  

I do respect the way they're trying to keep everything tight lipped and make Vegas special for the fans going but give me a break. 

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I deny it because I want to, selfishly, be at the first show.

I know there's a reason to a warm up gig, although I also see why there isn't. If they're ready, they're ready. If they want to do something for friends, I get it, but otherwise I don't see why its inconceivable that they'd play an arena their first time back. If they are practicing thats what they are doing it for. I know its a little different, but its not like Pink Floyd played together before Live 8. This is what you rehearse for. The only thing that happens when you play to a small club is you play. They won't find out anything really new I don't think. In fact, if I wanted to get specific I'd say it only serves to hurt them because videos could get out of Axl sounding terrible and turning people off. But again, thats very specific.

I'm just saying, while I see why some think a warm up will happen, I don't see any reason Vegas COULDN'T be their first show. 

I can dig this for sure. I'm just not sure that a warmup show where the only way to get in is to know a secret Rock Hall member on a private Mets forum like @Saltzy spoils it so much. As far as the normal public is concerned, you'll be at the first show.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Conspiracies (Web Exclusive) https://youtu.be/fNS4lecOaAc  via @YouTube

I think it's safe to say Izzy is totally messing with the fans and the million conspiracy theories circulating.....:lol:

He was definitely watching the CSI: GNR episode with Fernando's balls and reflections in water bottles.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think it's safe to say Izzy is totally messing with the fans and the million conspiracy theories circulating.....:lol:

Someone called Izzy "fn evil" on Twitter the other day and I'm starting to think they might be right :rofl-lol: The tróll is strong in Izzy.

• Like 1
  • downzy unpinned this topic
  • downzy pinned this topic
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic