Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

29 minutes ago, Bono said:

I sure hope so! best drummer of the bunch and actually contributed to GnR's legacy. The legacy that people care about.  I'd be perfectly fine with Matt or Steven. Matt being the best drummer of the three and with the band at the peak fo their fame, Steven drummed on AFD which is arguably the greatest rock album of all time. What has Frank done? It makes no sense for Frank to be involved if you have two willing and available GnR drummers from their heyday and peak of their popularity. Nothing against Frank as a guy but shit he should NOT be the drummer for GnR. 

He's my favorite drummer they've ever had, so that's why I'd want him to be the drummer. 

17 minutes ago, aArief178 said:

This is from the drum stick picture comments.

What does he meant by saying "no"??

Screenshot_2016-03-30-06-57-01.png

I think he answered someone further up who wrote "frankferrer66???"

By doing that they tagged him, so he probably got a notification and answered.

Instagram, someone tagged him with: "Frank???"  He replied: "No", then later said #Vater #Vaterdrumsticks" but the ones in the pic are not Vater...

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Vater is the brand of drumsticks Frank uses.

I know, but the ones in the pic aren't Vater.. :question:

3 minutes ago, DarkFairy81 said:

Instagram, someone tagged him with: "Frank???"  He replied: "No", then later said #Vater #Vaterdrumsticks" but the ones in the pic are not Vater...

I know, but the ones in the pic aren't Vater.. :question:

I don't know.

The tape used around the sticks have the Ahead logo.

It might be a case where these are some pairs of Frank's Vater sticks. Vater also has black sticks, very similar to the ones on the picture.

Then he has used some Ahead grip tape on them.

I'm no drummer, but it might be that he likes the Ahead grip tape better than Vater's?

Edited by Spirit

Those are Ahead sticks, as I said I used to have them, I played with them and I love them. They're actually made of steel, so they never break or splinter and have a nice weight to them. They have a plastic replaceable sleeve that slides over the top. That's why you see the plastic seam running down the center. Additionally, the tips are also white plastic and are also replaceable. They thread on. They're damn expensive too. Those were like $50 a pair 15 years ago, theyre probably more now.

Edited by challenger70rt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

It might be a case where these are some pairs of Frank's Vater sticks. Vater also has black sticks, very similar to the ones on the picture.

Then he has used some Ahead grip tape on them.

I'm no drummer, but it might be that he likes the Ahead grip tape better than Vater's?

Frank is/was endorsed by Vater....if he is still endorse by them, there is no way he uses Ahead grip tape on Vater sticks.

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Frank is/was endorsed by Vater....if he is still endorse by them, there is no way he uses Ahead grip tape on Vater sticks.

I don't see how that's a problem.

Anyways, challenger70rt said they are Ahead sticks.

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

:blink::blink::blink::blink: Are we going to ignore the fact that he posted "Vater #vaterdrumsticks"???????????????????????????????????????????? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

That's his endorsement --> http://www.vater.com/#!/artists/1252

If this isn't Ferrer then WTF??!?!?

This could also be some random drumsticks that were laying around too

Just now, tsinindy said:

That's like slash playing a Fender...it ain't gonna happen.

Isn't it more like Slash using Gibson guitar strings, humbuckers and guitar picks – accessories to the guitar?

Slash uses Ernie Ball strings, Seymour Duncan humbuckers and Tortex guitar picks.

Random PR manager: "Hey let's take a pic of Frank's sticks now!"

Fernando: "But Frank left an hour ago and took his gear with him."

Random PR manager: "Shit! Well let's find something else. How about those Ahead sticks there?"

Fernando: "Those were lying around since like... 1992. I think they once belonged to Matt So..."

Random PR manager: "Perfect!"

• Like 1