Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

19 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Brent Snape Fitz is way better than Frank, I would say he is even better than Matt. 

100% agree. Of all the GN'R related drummers he does the Appetite songs the most justice. He's got the Adler groove. And he's also great at composing his own original parts. The drumming on Apocalyptic Love and World on Fire is damn good!!

31 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Frank just re-shared his own pic of his drums from Thursday. Kinda like a "why do people not think its me" kinda thing 

See Frank, it's not that we don't not think it's you, it's just that most of us don't want it to be you... or rather, would rather it be someone else.

35 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Frank just re-shared his own pic of his drums from Thursday. Kinda like a "why do people not think its me" kinda thing 

HE must have seen that 90% of the comments of the Official GnR Facebook page were hoping those sticks were Adler's.. 9% hoping for Matt and 1% for Frank.. Don't take it personal dude...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

HE must have seen that 90% of the comments of the Official GnR Facebook page were hoping those sticks were Adler's.. 9% hoping for Matt and 1% for Frank.. Don't take it personal dude...

Agree strongly.  I think Frank/Richard are fine musicians and many groups would be lucky to have someone of their caliber performing with them.   But Adler/Izzy are rock icons.  Legends.  All of this backlash just inherently comes with the territory and I hope they realize that.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

All signs point to Frank being the main drummer for the shows but Matt is the only drummer of the three who also contributes backing vocals, which is quite handy for this line-up if Izzy isn't around. Axl has lost at least two backing vocalists from NuGNR (Tommy and Bumblefoot, please let him have lost Pitman's backing vocals too).

But Duff is there and he is good enough a vocalist to replace Stinson and Pitman ;) Bumble did some good backing vocals tho

47 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

if he was a man he'd step aside and let adler have his rightful spot back.

Of course he can make his own choice to leave, but I guess he thinks he won't get a better gig or the amount of money per show even if he plays 20 shows in some other band. 

Whatever crap we talk about Ashba, but he would have been a man enough to step aside and let Slash in, I know Ashba left to concentrate on Sixx Am, but I know he would have step aside. 

If I became the guitarist of some NuAerosmith or NuACDC and if some sort of reunion was happening and then I would have happily step aside for Tyler or Agnus to come in. 

Steven deserves to be there and play all the songs. 

1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

We got the lineup last week with the drum patch full of signatures.. common ppl.

Exactly this. And NO PITMAN ON IT! If he was involved he would have signed it. Now although Adler and Izzy didn't sign it then it could mean the same thing, although I think it would be a bigger deal to keep that a secret until Vegas.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Exactly this. And NO PITMAN ON IT! If he was involved he would have signed it. Now although Adler and Izzy didn't sign it then it could mean the same thing, although I think it would be a bigger deal to keep that a secret until Vegas.

What we know: Pitman is out. Matt is not involved in any shape of form. 2016 full lineup: Axl, Slash , Duff, 4tus, Frank, Dizzy.

Adler and Izzy, my guess is that they would be involved later in the tour as guests.

7 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

What we know: Pitman is out. Matt is not involved in any shape of form. 2016 full lineup: Axl, Slash , Duff, 4tus, Frank, Dizzy.

Adler and Izzy, my guess is that they would be involved later in the tour as guests.

Agreed until the last part, at least for Adler. I don't think he would have canceled his commitments for a guest post later than the upcoming dates.

Edited by Nalbi

10 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Yeah I agree til the last part. They've been too quiet and especially Steven, it's way too long he'd be hypothetically asked to stay quiet. I say Adler is in Vegas and Izzy should be there. Hopefully after letting pitman go Izzy was able to get the money he wanted. 

43 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Of course he can make his own choice to leave, but I guess he thinks he won't get a better gig or the amount of money per show even if he plays 20 shows in some other band. 

Whatever crap we talk about Ashba, but he would have been a man enough to step aside and let Slash in, I know Ashba left to concentrate on Sixx Am, but I know he would have step aside. 

If I became the guitarist of some NuAerosmith or NuACDC and if some sort of reunion was happening and then I would have happily step aside for Tyler or Agnus to come in. 

Steven deserves to be there and play all the songs. 

That's what happened with Aerosmith in '84. Jimmy Crespo and Rick DuFay stepped aside to make room for Perry and Whitford to return. DuFay is the one that told Steven to get the original lineup back together.

Joe Perry thanked Rick for "committing career suicide" when Aerosmith was inducted in to the RRHOF.

DuFay did get to make a guest appearance on one of the Japanese bonus tracks on the last Aerosmith album.