Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Oh god why.. i have never seen this before...towel cannot be unseen...

On a positive note... ANYONE thinks this is the best possible outfit for Frank...? He looks awesome here..as a jazz drummer, pretty neat and clean with the hat and shirt and glasses... he should always wear that...

8 minutes ago, Amish said:

I like how everyone forgets to mention how sick Axl was for that performance.

I had not seen that video before... if he was sick is absolutely understandable but he shouldn't have done that performance :smiley-confused2:

12 minutes ago, Amish said:

I know he was sick,I'm on Axl's side, but why did he still perform? Maybe young Axl could handle sickness and still perform decently, but at 50+ it's actually risky.

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Shouldn't of done the show I get he is sick and all that but how do you start singing Your Crazy half way into Jungle ?

Maybe he was saying to himself: "You're Crazy" for doing this, and it slipped from his mind 

He had Strep Throat, which, I don't know if you've ever had it, but it makes you feel like absolute crap and you can't talk and everything sounds funny because of all the drainage in your ears.  He was also medicated on stage...have you ever tried to do anything strenuous with strep throat?  It's extremely difficult, yet he was up there dancing and singing.  He couldn't back out of the show, Guns was something everyone was excited about, and backing out would have been a worse disaster than actually performing.  

Also, everyone says "he started singing You're Crazy."  Well, no he didn't.  He just said "Because you..." and then trailed off.  He didn't "start singing" anything.  He was just on stage, extremely sick, and heavily medicated.  Maybe it was the start of You're Crazy?  Maybe it was just words spit out in a moment of misery?  I hate the way everyone takes a little something and runs with it.  

• Like 2

I don't know, but Rock in Rio wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Bridge School thing.

Edit:  I should point out here that I realize he's given a ton of shitty performances since nuGuns, and I don't defend much of anything.  The only things I defend are performances like the Bridge School Benefit where he was obviously not in any shape to perform and had no other options.  All these other shit performances can be attributed to him being old and not in a reasonable physical condition, which the physical condition is all on him...no excuses.

I also get pissed at things like "Oh, he canceled the show because he was watching basketball."  Why do people really believe that?  Do people really think he's that retarded?

Edited by Amish
  • Like 2

It is a tie between that Bridge School disaster and the gig where Axl implausibly showed up in a yellow mac, for the absolute nadir of Guns N' Roses (if you can consider them Guns). That is truly the bottom of the pit, the lowest of the low. If there is a point where Axl went, ''jesus, this band are shite. I should reunite'' it probably was during one of those two performances - not that his own performance was scintillating! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Amish said:

It was for a special cause, he couldn't back out of it without looking like a total asshole.

Yeah the guy can't win. If he backs out he's an asshole, if he performs he sounds like Mickey Mouse and takes a hit by People sitting behind a computer that have never sang or could sing like him in their life. Tough spot to be in...

1 minute ago, Eddie Money said:

But will she play the heartbeat and heart monitor device on Coma? I'm really looking forward to hearing that live 

Yeah I mean since dizzys hands could be tied up I'm sure she'll be put to use there. Hey at least we're getting coma..

On a side note @Eddie Money, where's Izzy?

9 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Just a quick question...

Back in the 90s, were there video screens on stage during the illusion  tour? I can't remember exactly.. 

Yes, there were, but far in the back. Which I think was good because they weren't distracting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amish said:

Thank you. He's not peak Axl to begin with but he was wicked sick here too.

Pitman on the other hand. I've been reserved in joining in the dog pile in him, but this makes my balls curl up in my stomach every time I see it. 

37 minutes ago, Billsfan said:
Just now, Billsfan said:

Comparing GNR to kiss. Nice. Really gets the point across :lol:

Really? Come on i know you can read, at no point did i compare Kiss to GNR, simply stating what an on stage keyboardist does.

Oh your a bills fan. Makes sense now.

19 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I would like to see Izzy tonight too, but I doubt we'll see.  i will probably know a few hours before the show.   I'll tell you that my insiders claim that he was going to be involved, but that was before the quiet period when I wasn't dropping any news. 

I suspect that negotiations went poorly and Izzy will end up being the Don Felder of this tour.  There were plans for Steven to be a part of the first shows to see how things went but I'm not sure what's going on there and have no idea if he really hurt himself or if someone is trying to cover up the rumor spread by the guy in his current band. 

It would have been great to see the Appetite guys playing a few songs together with no keyboards. Maybe we'll get that at some point.  

Fuck it... It's day of show and the stage background looks cool as hell and they're going to be rocking one of my favorite songs, Coma   I hope the teleprompters are working tonight because Axl's going to have trouble remembering the lyrics to that one  

That's awesome Eddie! Yeah I agree with everything you said. I know trunk mentioned that the injury report was just rumor, then he basically plead the 5th and did a 360 with a negative tone, which gives me hope he'll be there but I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully Izzy isn't the party pooper too. Coma will be cool

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Shouldn't of done the show I get he is sick and all that but how do you start singing Your Crazy half way into Jungle ?

Haven't you ever been ridiculously sick? If he had bailed, do you think the headline would have mentioned he was sick, or just take the easy potshots?