Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

48 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Can you IP-ban Fernando so we can see how mad he gets

Why would I ban him?  Don't you want to ask him a few questions?  Maybe even ask them sometime soon?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

Why would I ban him?  Don't you want to ask him a few questions?  Maybe even asking them soon?

I'd like to ask him how it feels to be locked out of discussion that involves something he cares deeply about

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, downzy said:

Why would I ban him?  Don't you want to ask him a few questions?  Maybe even ask them sometime soon?

There’s no reason to ban Fernando, hell its hard to tell what he was even talking about...or whom.  

Maybe we all shouldn’t be so paranoid it was about something that someone said here.   And honestly, if it was he’s probably right.  He’s in a much better position to know the facts about things than some blowhard like me or most of the other posters here.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's so incredibly ridiculous that the only time they can open a line of communication with the only people who still care about GNR is when they want to present a one sided "woe is me" pity party and act superior. 

Wildly different viewpoints of GNR and different opinions of what happens is something that has always existed on GNR forums, I wonder what it was that set him off?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Can you post some? I can't figure out how to view them. 

• fcocanalesYou’re my inspiration on drums man! I’m still waiting for you to join GNR again!
  • mattsorum@fcocanales u never know whats around the corner , thats the beauty of it all
  • Great!!!! Hey @mattsorum do you saw the Saskatoon show from 1993??? Was amazing!!!
  • mattsorum@axlvai Great town , drank a very nice french wine there Chateau Latour
  • gian_johnBefore being one of the most great Rock drummer of the world, you gave the most mature and iconic sound to GN'R. You are in almost whole band musical production: 3 albums, 43 studio songs, 20 live songs, 29 clip, a monumental 3-year world tour, all the videos, live (Tokyo, Paris, etc.), media, shows, MTV, VMA, AMA, the Freddie Mercury Tribute, etc.
    And that's a fact. The choice of not involving you is another enormous and unacceptable lack of respect towards world's fans.
    Person changes however they remains the same, my friend.
    I'm a guitar player but I always loved your sound.
    I hoped to see you finally in Rome with Alice & the others but I will not go if you will be in L.A.
    Hope to meet you one day.
  • @gian_john Life is unexpected and glorious , Don’t fight the outcome . Ride the Wave . It is yours
  • fcocanalesYou’re my inspiration on drums man! I’m still waiting for you to join GNR again!
  • @fcocanales u never know whats around the corner , thats the beauty of it all
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Has he not been on any online forums ever?  That is kind of the only thing they exist for :P

I think his point is that some fans believe they are part of the band's world and the life's of the band members. I read comments on here that are from fans that believe they know what is in the minds of these people or what motivates the band or individual members to make decisions, that only affect them and them only. It is creepy when you read the comments of some because it crosses the line from being a fan as an outsider looking in,  to thinking you are part of whats going on in the band members or their managements minds or thought processes. That's how the stalker mentality develops as you start to believe you are part of a person's life or have some meaning in that life.   

You can have an opinion but it's from a point of view as a fan.. as we have no idea whats going on in the GNR world.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I think his point is that some fans believe they are part of the band's world and the life's of the band members. I read comments on here that are from fans that believe they know what is in the minds of these people or what motivates the band or individual members to make decisions, that only affect them and them only. It is creepy when you read the comments of some because it crosses the line from being a fan as an outsider looking in,  to thinking you are apart of whats going on in the band members or their managements minds or thought processes. That's how the stalker mentality develops as you start to believe you are apart of a person's life or have some meaning in that life.   

You can have an opinion but it's from a point of view as a fan.. as we have no idea whats going on in the GNR world.

There's a remedy to this - it's called "not treating your fans like the enemy"

I have a bad, bad feeling that as soon as this tour is over Axl's going to reform NewGNR with Ashba & Co. and Team Brazil will go right back to shitting all over the past lineups

It takes a big man to own up to his mistakes - Axl and Fernando are not big men

48 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I think his point is that some fans believe they are part of the band's world and the life's of the band members. I read comments on here that are from fans that believe they know what is in the minds of these people or what motivates the band or individual members to make decisions, that only affect them and them only. It is creepy when you read the comments of some because it crosses the line from being a fan as an outsider looking in,  to thinking you are apart of whats going on in the band members or their managements minds or thought processes. That's how the stalker mentality develops as you start to believe you are apart of a person's life or have some meaning in that life.   

I get what Fernando was going for, I was mostly making my comment just for comedic effect lol

But yeah I mean all in all I guess for me, vague complaints about GNR forums when he could just elaborate or communicate with us in the first place seems silly.  Yeah, sometimes posters here go overboard with pretending like their opinion is fact and I always try and point that out - but Fernando sounds like the drama lovers on Facebook who post vague references to being mad at someone, and when someone asks them what happened, they say that they don't wanna talk about it.  It is just adding nothing but drama

Especially when you are in a manager role for a multi-million dollar institution that everyone on these forums are die hard fans of... it just seems unprofessional

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I cant imagine the manager or spoke person of any important big company talking like that to their customers/clients. Much less through social media.

They would be inmediately fired.

A friendly reminder that Fernando was the one who leaked the Chinese Democracy demos years ago and almost got kicked out of Axl's house for it

It's almost like promoting the guy who caused 10 years worth of headaches for the band to the position of Manager was a bad idea

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

It's also possible this era is Axl's "Walk of Shame" and he wants to get through the cash-grab tour and album re-releases with as little fanfare as possible

Speaking about any of it would involve acknowledging that he wasted 20 years of his life - he'll never admit that

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

It's also possible this era is Axl's "Walk of Shame" and he wants to get through the cash-grab tour and album re-releases with as little fanfare as possible

Speaking about any of it would involve acknowledging that he wasted 20 years of his life - he'll never admit that

er, no, all the way around.

• Like 1