Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

So you're saying that unless Fernando personally says "I am responsible for the leaks" you won't believe any other evidence proving that he was responsible for leaks.

Gotcha.

So if I do a FOIA request on court documents and come up with evidence that Fernando leaked songs, you'll let me post those documents here? Or will you try and handwave those away as well?

There isn't any other evidence.  Other than Skwerl's opinion (which he doesn't explain), only speculation based on unnamed sources have been provided.

Feel free to post anything that's publicly accessible and legally obtained.   

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

Did some light reading on the GNR website today and its funny how GNR cant stop releasing music!

And also how much insight they share on the current studio recordings they are doing!

Did you guys check the news section about the brand new tour that is just about to begin?

And how many new songs from the new album they are planning to play?

And how about that appetite box that is going to be released featuring all available studio recordings from the appetite era -- pasha, mystic, sound city, plus hours of outtakes from the actual appetite sessions and much more?

Plus 5 uncut, uncirculated and untouched shows from 1986, 1987 (2!!!), 1988, 1989 in professional quality?

Its supposed to be at least 18 hours of never released music inside that box!

WOW, much better than these bands that never release any music and instead choose to sell toys to people!

You know what? Every time i do some light reading on the GNR website i cant help myself to think "Man, it must be a drag being fan of bands that, like, you know, treat people who care about them like shit!"

I was having a beer with a friend who loves Pearl Jam and he told me that someone from their management went online a few months ago saying that PJ fans are "clueless" and "spread trash" in their "little community".

what?

really?

this would be OK coming from someone from GNR management, because GNR gives so much music and so much info that there is very little room for discontent!

and GNR never lies to people! they dont do like pearl jam who has never released a real live album!

we all know PJ has added fake crowd noise on their first EP "Alive! Like a Mountain Ride!"

we all know PJ has re-recorded all vocals for that double album "Alive Era - 1990-1999"

we all know that PJ has been touring their debut album "Appetite for Happiness" for like 2 or 3 decades now!

worse than that, they haven’t released any new music since the 90s -- except for that truly weird "Japanese Philanthropy" Eddie Vedder solo album!

it must be truly hard caring about PJ!

now, back to good GNR, did you guys hear that brand new (fantastic!) 30 seconds clip of the brand new cover they did of Abba's "Fernando"!

You should start making threads in Anything Goes :D

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This is exactly right and the point I originally tried to make to him, which was, you (the band, management, etc) give out zero information.  When that happens people will gossip and speculate, often inaccurately. So don’t start complaining about something you created and can actually solve (by being more communicative with your fan base). 

I don't think Fernando at all has any big problems with people merely speculating, it is when people "speak from a standpoint of assumption and spread the trash you call ‘your opinion’ as fact" he reacts. 'Trash' is key here. Not innocent speculation. But when people spread malicious and damaging rumors and present it as fact. That's at least how I interpret it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Guns have never been known for treating their fans well.. This is just more of the same..

Yes but now because of social media or forums. Things spread quickly everywhere.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I am on phone calls throughout the day, so I may at times stop responding.

Anyhow, sorry for being an asshole, I do appreciate the fact you answer people who long for answers to their questions.  Health and Happiness to you and yours.

Remember though...  Mac and Cheese Balls FTW!

• Haha 1

• downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic