Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I think someone may have tampered with that post, I found the original

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

I thought Axl was banned from entering China?

Hmm...  He spent a couple months there in the late 90s and then he played some shows with the nuGNR in the early 00's.

The banning was after the release of CD, right? I don't remember if it was him who mentioned this. Not sure... but he can't be banned now if they've just announced dates... :shrugs:

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Those Asian dates, China, coincide with the 10th anniversary of 'Chinese Democracy'. 

Or not a coincidence? :ph34r:

Chinese reissue starts now ;) It would hilarious if Chinese had two boxsets before UYI even has a remaster :D 

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Chinese reissue starts now ;) It would hilarious if Chinese had two boxsets before UYI even has a remaster :D 

It will be a CD-only setlist and they will release a box set with CD reissue, plus CD2, CD3 and bonus CD4. Buckethead masks for the boys and Finck's makeup palette for the girls :awesomeface:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

It will be a CD-only setlist and they will release a box set with CD reissue, plus CD2, CD3 and bonus CD4. Buckethead masks for the boys and Finck's makeup palette for the girls :awesomeface:

That would be "something"... maybe it's the "something" Fernando referenced :P 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Hmm...  He spent a couple months there in the late 90s and then he played some shows with the nuGNR in the early 00's.

The banning was after the release of CD, right? I don't remember if it was him who mentioned this. Not sure... but he can't be banned now if they've just announced dates... :shrugs:

Actually not sure now where I read that..maybe he just thought he'd be banned after releasing CD so he went before that to atleast see the country once. Maybe not true after all. Though I'm pretty sure he wasn't there in any of the years after 2000 or whenever that was, kinda weird then.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Actually not sure now where I read that..maybe he just thought he'd be banned after releasing CD so he went before that to atleast see the country once. Maybe not true after all. Though I'm pretty sure he wasn't there in any of the years after 2000 or whenever that was, kinda weird then.

He spoke it about briefly in the chats. Just said he spent a few months travelling around, I don't think he was living there; but he definitely spent a bit of time there... and yeah it was sometime in the mid 90s but he didn't specify.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

No, I remember the same information but now my brain is fried and I tried to look for my source but messenger is not loading so, I don't know...

I have the slight recollection of being Axl himself who mentioned this but I'm not sure...... hmm..... China Exchange 2016? :wacko: @Blackstar heeeeeelp meeeee :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Those Asian dates, China, coincide with the 10th anniversary of 'Chinese Democracy'. 

Or not a coincidence? :ph34r:

Interesting for sure.  Are they even allowed to perform CD title track there?

34 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Hong Kong and Taiwan not are communist , Axl was banned inCHINA communist.

3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Hong Kong and Taiwan not are communist , Axl was banned inCHINA communist.

Out of likes here Ratam girl...Anyway,you’re right..If that’s true that he was banned from the red China its from the communist portion not from all China. I aways thought  the album had been banned, not Axl. :shrugs:

9 minutes ago, Derick said:

Out of likes here Ratam girl...Anyway,you’re right..If that’s true that he was banned from the red China its from the communist portion not from all China. I aways thought  the album had been banned, not Axl. :shrugs:

Yes CD was banned and sure this too include AXl ☺

39 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Interesting for sure.  Are they even allowed to perform CD title track there?

No, they'll have to follow the protocol of every western band and send all their lyrics and music to the Chinese authority and they will mark out which songs can and cannot get played. That's what happened to Metallica, couldn't perform Master of puppets and a few other songs... could make for a interesting set!

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I lean with @Ratam here. Hong Kong and Macau have their own systems despite being specially designated territories of China. Taiwan itself is a whole other issues. I do not see how a Hong Kong show conflicts with Guns N' Roses being banned from China's mainland.

Yes, GNR just was banned in CHINA communist , both Taiwan and Hong Kong are capitalist ,you are right,Chinese Democracy is very ironic name.

• Like 1