Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

17 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It very well could be a modern design and probably fake.  I just saw the bottom that the bottom of the poster said Faster pussycat, Apollo Manchester.  So I googled it and saw it was a real show from 87 ;) A show that I would have loved to be at.. I really liked Faster Pussycat and still listen to them from time to time.. 

It seems the poster is indeed a fanmade version, heres the official:

28b31457078446e1c62ac94cc1f9dff5

• Like 1

On 21/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Nope, not this.  The new version has Axl saying in the intro how they made this for themselves, how they could have made a 'nice video for MTV and sell more records and shit but instead we're gonna spend 150k on making something we wanna see'.  Mission accomplished. :lol:

Except that is the same videoclip.

People shouldn't be surprised about this. Axl has to please the majority of fans, and the majority of fans are just happy to see the three together again, and want to listen to the old, well known songs. We are talking 95 %+ thinking this way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperYlvis said:

People shouldn't be surprised about this. Axl has to please the majority of fans, and the majority of fans are just happy to see the three together again, and want to listen to the old, well known songs. We are talking 95 %+ thinking this way.

Sorry but over here we don’t care about the majority of fans or this 95%+ of the people that makes possible this tour around the world . Over here it’s all about us, the hard-core ones. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Derick said:

Sorry but over here we don’t care about the majority of fans or this 95%+ of the people that makes possible this tour around the world . Over here it’s all about us, the hard-core ones. :lol:

Fuck those part timers, the new setlist should be:

Right Next Door To Hell

Perfect Crime

Breakdown

One In A Million 

You're Crazy (fast)

Oh My God

Locomotive

Don't Damn Me

Hair Of The Dog

Speed Parade

Dead Horse

Anything Goes

Slither 

Don't Cry (alt)

Sympathy For The Devil

Reckless Life

Hard And Fast

14 years ft Izzy (demo version ending)

Garden Of Eden

It Tastes Good

Pretty Tied Up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I'm sure....can't blame him at all though. 

Yes,  don't many time ago , he avoid talk about  GNR, maybe because he will write a book about his time with GNR.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:27 AM, SuperYlvis said:

That's no longer the case for the younger generations. The novelty of the reunion has worn off almost entirely and the same old, same old won't do it for them anymore. The majority of young fans (GP) have already seen the performances on youtube so they're less and less likely to keep buying tickets for the exact same show for 3 years. I mean come on, they could at least play SOYL or something we haven't heard from UYI, they're digging their own graves.

31 minutes ago, nonok said:

That's no longer the case for the younger generations. The novelty of the reunion has worn off almost entirely and the same old, same old won't do it for them anymore. The majority of young fans (GP) have already seen the performances on youtube so they're less and less likely to keep buying tickets for the exact same show for 3 years. I mean come on, they could at least play SOYL or something we haven't heard from UYI, they're digging their own graves.

I agree, but I was mainly talking about this leg. They're mostly going to places where they haven't played yet, so for most fans, this will be a fresh experience with the three originals.

The damnedest thing about SOYL being what they are hyping is that there wasn’t one Chinese Democracy 2 song worthy of putting out as a single before they got this 30 year old leftover out. 

So in all likelyhood this song is better than anything else in the vault 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

The damnedest thing about SOYL being what they are hyping is that there wasn’t one Chinese Democracy 2 song worthy of putting out as a single before they got this 30 year old leftover out. 

So in all likelyhood this song is better than anything else in the vault 

Or just written by the big 3? Wouldn't look good if they released Atlas Shrugged with a Slash solo pasted in and used that as the marketing single.

1 hour ago, MrSoftie said:

Or just written by the big 3? Wouldn't look good if they released Atlas Shrugged with a Slash solo pasted in and used that as the marketing single.

To be fair 90% of people wouldn’t know what Atlas is or where it originated from and it would truly be a new song. They pull Shadow out and that’s fine I have no problem with that. But featuring it like a new song, with a cheap music video and it being your showcase tells me that the band had nothing better to offer. 

My guess is SOYL would get better reviews than Atlas, and I’ve never even heard Atlas. 

And on the same note I get that this is a AFD session song and that’s the whole point but the way it’s being used as a new single seems odd. If they wanted a new single I’d like for it to be new. 

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

To be fair 90% of people wouldn’t know what Atlas is or where it originated from and it would truly be a new song. They pull Shadow out and that’s fine I have no problem with that. But featuring it like a new song, with a cheap music video and it being your showcase tells me that the band had nothing better to offer. 

My guess is SOYL would get better reviews than Atlas, and I’ve never even heard Atlas. 

And on the same note I get that this is a AFD session song and that’s the whole point but the way it’s being used as a new single seems odd. If they wanted a new single I’d like for it to be new. 

Nothing is really odd about that, other bands have done it before. When Bon Jovi released their boxset (which actually REALLY had 50 unreleased songs in it), they had a song from 1992 as lead single for it. It wouldn't make sense to release a new song by a different lineup to promote a deluxe AFD.