Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Idk seemed like a lazy way to release something “new” when they have potential to release something actually new...and it doesn’t have to be Atlas or anything in the vault. 

From a band that hasn’t released much it seems odd that this is their path to getting something new out..if I could count on them to have something out this decade then that would be fine, release all the old stuff as new stuff! But this is their first release in 10 years...so to me it’s odd. 

32 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Why would they release a song from the CD sessions to promote music from 30 years ago?

It’s more about not having a release in 10 years and acting like this SOYL is a new single when they are perfectly capable of releasing something new at any point.

i don’t care when they release something new, but the members of this band are still alive and capable of more than just a 30 year old box set. The box set is cool, but it would be nice to have an active recording band to get behind also. 

11 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

The damnedest thing about SOYL being what they are hyping is that there wasn’t one Chinese Democracy 2 song worthy of putting out as a single before they got this 30 year old leftover out. 

So in all likelyhood this song is better than anything else in the vault 

Doubt it my friend, it'll just be a way of playing the nostalgia card to promote Appetite and obviously the big three.

Also, I think Going Down is a better song than Shadow. I guess it's all down to taste, unfortunately the majority of us haven't heard anything from the CD sessions so we can compare, other than a few snippets of songs that we were already familiar with and Tommy's Going Down.

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

It just follows a pattern.

I agree with you, but the boxset and new single gives them the opportunity to look like an active band and making money without doing much work.

In all fairness, it could be just a label move to fulfill a previous agreement/contract. Now, why do that instead of releasing new music? Maybe the label considers the existing recorded material (from CD sessions) is not as profitable, or maybe there isn’t any finished material to release.

It’s a bummer nevertheless.

I don’t believe there is finished material of anything at the moment. I don’t feel like a real effort has been made to work on anything outside of Axl showing off a few instrumentals he left behind on CD. And I’m not disappointed it’s just a series of patterns like you said. 

The writing process is likely where old demons would emerge between Axl and Slash so I’m not sure if they will ever have that comfort to write together again. 

But between Axl’s 2017 vocals and lack of production as a band, things are wearing thin as a fan. They are riding this nostalgia band thing too far and for fans who felt gnr were above that it’s becoming clear that they have no intention of slowing it down. No hunger for anything more than a profit and so if you’re going to be disappointed it should be with their current state. I’m all for honoring the AFD band but at the same time leave some respect on the current band and name. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

It’s more about not having a release in 10 years and acting like this SOYL is a new single when they are perfectly capable of releasing something new at any point.

i don’t care when they release something new, but the members of this band are still alive and capable of more than just a 30 year old box set. The box set is cool, but it would be nice to have an active recording band to get behind also. 

I believe in Fernando word...if he said that SOYL is new single...:P

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don’t believe there is finished material of anything at the moment. I don’t feel like a real effort has been made to work on anything outside of Axl showing off a few instrumentals he left behind on CD. And I’m not disappointed it’s just a series of patterns like you said. 

that's called "educated guess" :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Memorial day is about hamburgers? :facepalm:

Funny that two of the abnd members skull in the burgers are not in the band. Why don't they use Frank, Richard and Melissa skulls in the fuckin burgers? 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

Funny that two of the abnd members skull in the burgers are not in the band. Why don't they use Frank, Richard and Melissa skulls in the fuckin burgers? 

Because they want to burn together? the Five of them? :lol: