KICKASS VIDEOS From 2009 Seoul show

stone

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ben9785

Best Quality "Better" I've seen- Axl sounds awesome & sounds like new intro!

rock3

That's a really good performance.

I think the backing tracks (you can hear it during the intro) are definitely helping. I can understand why some fans are complaining in the other thread, but the dude's getting older and can't be expected to belt 'em out like he used to. I think the backing tracks allow him to focus more on where he needs to focus, and the songs come off a lot better as a result. (I don't know if he was using them through the choruses, but it didn't sound like it -- and his voice was a lot more powerful there than ever before when it's been played live.)

thats a nice performance... and the crowd seems to like it alot.. Robin's great song.. a little bit sad he's not up there.. but they did a good job.

I can see again that Mr Thal is so much better with the solos.. very close to Buckethead's parts..

Edited by ben9785

Best Quality "Better" I've seen- Axl sounds awesome & sounds like new intro!

rock3

That's a really good performance.

I think the backing tracks (you can hear it during the intro) are definitely helping. I can understand why some fans are complaining in the other thread, but the dude's getting older and can't be expected to belt 'em out like he used to. I think the backing tracks allow him to focus more on where he needs to focus, and the songs come off a lot better as a result. (I don't know if he was using them through the choruses, but it didn't sound like it -- and his voice was a lot more powerful there than ever before when it's been played live.)

It's just Ron man, there's no backing track!

It's really a fantastic performance. Everyone was great, but I still have to highlight Bumblefoot. He kicked ass during the second part of the solo. One of the best live renditions I've ever seen (or heard) of that solo.

Finally someone noticed that! Bumblefoot plays the best part of the solo and he fucking owns it.

+1

the band ROCKS!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1QKRTQH_cyk I POSTED THIS AT METALSLUDGE AND EVEN THE HATERS AGREE AXL/BAND SOUND KICKASS!

that's a fairly acceptable cover version

nothing special though

This gets so old. So, so old.

I guess every performance by GNR since 1990 has been a cover act right? Fucking idiotic.

the band ROCKS!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1QKRTQH_cyk I POSTED THIS AT METALSLUDGE AND EVEN THE HATERS AGREE AXL/BAND SOUND KICKASS!

nothing special though

thats a fairly acceptable cupcake.

nothing special tho.

at least dead flower is hilarious. you bring nothing to the table.

"I dyed my pubs too"

LOL, random

What context was that in, or was it just random, funny as shit.

Great performance too

I can't tell what's said just before that, but it's probably something about his hair color.

Edited by PTZ

the band ROCKS!

nothing special though

[/quote

Well since the set is looking Chinese democracy heavy and Chris, Ron, Tommy, Axl, Dizzy, and Frank all play on it and it is a guns n roses record I think that you should really get the fuck over it already.

If you want to get technical this is more guns n roses than the illusion tour after izzy left because there are more people that played on the last gnr record in the line up.