Chinese Democracy guitar book finally released...

A book of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" guitar transcriptions will finally see the light of day on December 22 through Hal Leonard Corporation.

A description of this book reads as follows: "Our matching folio to Axl Rose's 17-year project features note-for-note guitar transcriptions of tracks including 'Better', 'Catcher In The Rye', 'I.R.S.', 'Madagascar', 'Street Of Dreams' and more."

Featured tracks:

* Better

* Catcher In The Rye

* Chinese Democracy

* If The World

* I.R.S.

* Madagascar

* Prostitute

* Riad N' The Bedouins

* Scraped

* Shackler's Revenge

* Sorry

* Street Of Dreams

* There Was A Time

* This I Love

For more information, visit MusicDispatch.com or Amazon.com.

"Chinese Democracy", the sixth and most recent album from GUNS N' ROSES, was released in its entirety to the Rock Band Music Store catalog of downloadable content on April 14.

The tracks are available for purchase as an album or individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system. The tracks are available for purchase as individual tracks only for Wii.

Source: Blabbermouth

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also need a playstation 3 and Rock Band :xmassrudolph:

I just sold my Wii with RB2 and all the Gnr tracks. It's really a lot of fun and as corny as it sounds, you really develop a different appreciation for the music after playing it like that. I'm also going to be getting a PS3 soon with RB2. There are a few guys on here apparently that jam out together every now and then.

I just sold my Wii with RB2 and all the Gnr tracks. It's really a lot of fun and as corny as it sounds, you really develop a different appreciation for the music after playing it like that. I'm also going to be getting a PS3 soon with RB2. There are a few guys on here apparently that jam out together every now and then.

The money I have saved is for the Tour. After I go to all the shows I can, if there's still some money left, Imma get me one :xmassrudolph:

Problem is that shit is so expensive in Brazil. If you put the PS3 and the RB2 together, it's a month's whole salary. <_<

Learn real guitar, then you'll get an appreciation.

These things are transcribed by hired transcribers ... they're not written down by the band or anything. There will be a LOT of mistakes in this. I have a lot of Cherry lane books and they ALL have errors that annoy the hell out of me! lol. Still ... I don't use tab books now anyways, but if I did ... grrr! :)

Even though tab books are generally full of errors, they still often provide a good starting point. Often it might be the right chords, but perhaps in the wrong position or something like that. I might pick up this book for some of the solos that I just can't seem to completely get (mainly the Buckethead ones). I'll be curious to see how they've gone about tabbing something like Shackler's.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been checking UK sites for this since around Christmas time and until yesterday none had it. Found it on two online shops yesterday and bought it for best price. Apparently its in stock and I will have it in a few days. Also according to the reviews and descriptions I saw the book also contains overviews of what effects are used on each song and like general/written advice on how to approach certain parts. I rarely buy tab books (either because if you know where to look you can usually get better tabs online for free or, even better, I can work stuff out by ear or by research into the player/band) but when it's for an album I really love I like to get them. Sometimes I like to see what the transcribers "take" on certain things may be. There are always mistakes. They're usually on the money in terms of notes/intonation but sometimes at the wrong position on the neck or in the wrong tunning or whatever. Ocassionally you see blatant errors too (not often though in my experience). Or the age old lazy "ad lib" when its something low in the mix or something really crazy haha. But yeah if your really stuck or whatever they always provide a good starting point and point you in the right direction.

I've been checking UK sites for this since around Christmas time and until yesterday none had it. Found it on two online shops yesterday and bought it for best price. Apparently its in stock and I will have it in a few days. Also according to the reviews and descriptions I saw the book also contains overviews of what effects are used on each song and like general/written advice on how to approach certain parts. I rarely buy tab books (either because if you know where to look you can usually get better tabs online for free or, even better, I can work stuff out by ear or by research into the player/band) but when it's for an album I really love I like to get them. Sometimes I like to see what the transcribers "take" on certain things may be. There are always mistakes. They're usually on the money in terms of notes/intonation but sometimes at the wrong position on the neck or in the wrong tunning or whatever. Ocassionally you see blatant errors too (not often though in my experience). Or the age old lazy "ad lib" when its something low in the mix or something really crazy haha. But yeah if your really stuck or whatever they always provide a good starting point and point you in the right direction.

I have the book....230 + pages.....

There are no extras, no effects, no suggestions etc.

Its bare -bones, with a cool cover. Things seem accurate, but I havent done too much with it yet other than look at TIL solo, all of Prostitute, and other parts I always wanted to know.

If you are a bues-based player, and a meat-n-potatoes kinda player, then there are things i nthis book that u will never play. A Digitech Whammy pedal is recommended!!!!!!

I have the book....230 + pages.....

There are no extras, no effects, no suggestions etc.

Its bare -bones, with a cool cover. Things seem accurate, but I havent done too much with it yet other than look at TIL solo, all of Prostitute, and other parts I always wanted to know.

If you are a bues-based player, and a meat-n-potatoes kinda player, then there are things i nthis book that u will never play. A Digitech Whammy pedal is recommended!!!!!!

Really?? This is the review I read:

"This I Love

Well, a year-and-a-bit passed from when the album was released until the tab book became available. That`s maybe a bit longer than average, but hey, is anyone surprised? The important thing is that it is here now! And, as is always the case regarding Hal Leonard publications, they are spot on, and include all the detail you need to know when trying to learn the songs, such as tunings, pedals used etc., but more importantly they are absolutely accurate in a way guitar sites just are not! Excellent release, a great complement to the fantastic album. Worth every penny and I`m really pleased to own it at last. If you`re a guitar playing G`n`R fan then you need it too."

Oh well no worries. I got email confirmation today that it is on the way to me.

I made a thread for this in the Musicians section, but I felt it would be appropriate to post here as well. This is a Guitar Pro 5 file I made for Chinese Democracy. I do not own the tab book and felt many of the other tabs out there were way off so I gave it a shot myself. I think I got it pretty close so for anybody who hasn't purchased the tab book and is interested in this song, here it is.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/g/guns_n_roses/chinese_democracy_guitar_pro.htm

Comments and ratings are appreciated!

I really need to pick up the tab book though. I'm curious as to how they approached Shackler's.