Tokyo 19-12-2009 - PICS, AUDIO, VIDEO

ChristianGNR

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can whoever feels the need to start these threads also take on the responsibility of updating the first post with all the links, audio, youtube, pics, etc? The way the guy who started the first show's official thread did? It was really awesome, and it's so tedious to sort through all the pages looking for links amongst comments and banter.

Thanks!!

Ps- At this point, it's OFFICIAL and not a fluke. Axl's voice sounds stronger, fuller and more venomous to me than it has since some of the better 92 shows. Better than the 93 Euro shows. Much much better than the 2001, and better than anything I heard from 2006-07 also. When I heard the Sorry from Korea, it really sunk in. His voice is simply killer on this tour SO FAR! I hope he doesn't blow it out before a US tour starts...

Can whoever feels the need to start these threads also take on the responsibility of updating the first post with all the links, audio, youtube, pics, etc? The way the guy who started the first show's official thread did? It was really awesome, and it's so tedious to sort through all the pages looking for links amongst comments and banter.

Thanks!!

At least we have media-specific threads this time around; not like in '06 when you had to dig through 60 pages of shit for 2 pictures.

Thanks!!

At least we have media-specific threads this time around; not like in '06 when you had to dig through 60 pages of shit for 2 pictures.

There ain't no media of the Asian tour dude! Only Raul knows!!!!!! :krider:

Thanks!!

Ok, i'll do that as possible as i can!

A minute of Jungle.

Is it just me or doesnt Axl seem more of his old self on stage, more confident, more intense and moves around a lot more like the old days? He looks GREAT! :thumbsup:

It's not just you. I thought the same. He's moving around like in the old days, confident, dancing and running like he owns the shit out of that audience, it's much better than 2006/07. And his voice is just great now!

Absolutely! I had the same thoughts when I watched the vids and clips!

Thanks!!

Not the point, the point is that having a thread specifically for media is a lot more helpful, instead of digging through threads where every post for 2 and a half pages is "You Could Be Mine", everyone bitches because Izzy didn't play, or all of the Axl haters show up. These media threads will at least keep everything contained to here, and most of the discussions surrounds the bits of media we do have.

Thanks!!

Not the point, the point is that having a thread specifically for media is a lot more helpful, instead of digging through threads where every post for 2 and a half pages is "You Could Be Mine", everyone bitches because Izzy didn't play, or all of the Axl haters show up. These media threads will at least keep everything contained to here, and most of the discussions surrounds the bits of media we do have.

Stop or this thread will end up the same.

Edited by no1gooner

Axl this Axl that..

thought this was a band

Even back in the day Axl & Slash were the center of attention.

Slash wasn't even close to being in the center until that AMA mishap. And even then Axl was the "star'. Then the band broke up, and Guitar Hero happened, so Slash then became within the center while Axl was slowly pushed out.

Edited by Cdlove

Didn't see this anywhere on here yet :

Tokyo, Japan Date: Saturday • December 19, 2009

Venue: Tokyo Dome

Setlist:

"Chinese Democracy"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Catcher in the Rye"

"Sorry"

Band Jam (I Want You Back, Jackson 5)

"If the World"

Richard Fortus solo ("James Bond Theme")

"Live and Let Die"

Dizzy Reed solo (Ziggy Stardust)

"Street of Dreams"

Band Jam

"You Could Be Mine"

"Rocket Queen"

"My Michelle"

DJ Ashba solo

"Sweet Child O' Mine"

"Shackler's Revenge"

"I.R.S."

Band Jam

Axl Rose piano solo

"November Rain"

Band Jam

"Whole Lotta Rosie"

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

"Scraped"

"Prostitute"

Jam

"This I Love"

Frank Ferrer solo (We Will Rock You)

"Out Ta Get Me"

Ron Thal solo (Pink Panther Theme/Don't Cry)

"Don't Cry (Axl, Ron and DJ)

"Nightrain"

Encore

"Madagascar"

"There Was a Time"

"My Generation" (Tommy Stinson vocals)

"Better"

"Patience"

"Nice Boys"

"Paradise City"

3hours, 37 minutes

Didn't see this anywhere on here yet :

Tokyo, Japan Date: Saturday • December 19, 2009

Venue: Tokyo Dome

Setlist:

"Chinese Democracy"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Catcher in the Rye"

"Sorry"

Band Jam (I Want You Back, Jackson 5)

"If the World"

Richard Fortus solo ("James Bond Theme")

"Live and Let Die"

Dizzy Reed solo (Ziggy Stardust)

"Street of Dreams"

Band Jam

"You Could Be Mine"

"Rocket Queen"

"My Michelle"

DJ Ashba solo

"Sweet Child O' Mine"

"Shackler's Revenge"

"I.R.S."

Band Jam

Axl Rose piano solo

"November Rain"

Band Jam

"Whole Lotta Rosie"

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

"Scraped"

"Prostitute"

Jam

"This I Love"

Frank Ferrer solo (We Will Rock You)

"Out Ta Get Me"

Ron Thal solo (Pink Panther Theme/Don't Cry)

"Don't Cry (Axl, Ron and DJ)

"Nightrain"

Encore

"Madagascar"

"There Was a Time"

"My Generation" (Tommy Stinson vocals)

"Better"

"Patience"

"Nice Boys"

"Paradise City"

3hours, 37 minutes

i dont understand why the whole band doesnt play dont cry, its either a teaser or half the band playing it, it only sounds ok with 3 to 4 people playing it, it needs all the players on it

Axl this Axl that..

thought this was a band

Slash wasn't even close to being in the center until that AMA mishap. And even then Axl was the "star'. Then the band broke up, and Guitar Hero happened, so Slash then became within the center while Axl was slowly pushed out.

...what?

It was always Axl AND Slash. They were always the two main guys. Ever hear of Slaxl?

Axl this Axl that..

thought this was a band

This post shows you were probably in diapers when GNR ruled the world. You don't know shit.

I think it's funny that the 2 best setlists Axl has ever done since 1993 don't have any bootlegs.

We had no problem getting Pro Shot footage of all the shitty shows from 2002-2006, but are having no luck finding even a shitty cellphone quality recording of these shows.

Theres proshots of the 02 tour?

I think it's funny that the 2 best setlists Axl has ever done since 1993 don't have any bootlegs.

We had no problem getting Pro Shot footage of all the shitty shows from 2002-2006, but are having no luck finding even a shitty cellphone quality recording of these shows.

Give it bit of time, sure, Osaka has been 3 days, but Tokyo only ended a bit over 12 hours ago. Bootlegs don't just magically appear when the show is over.

Theres proshots of the 02 tour?

No.

Axl this Axl that..

thought this was a band

This post shows you were probably in diapers when GNR ruled the world. You don't know shit.

No, close though, I was 10.

And you got all of those within the first few days of the shows? Nah, probably not.

And the Pro-Shot shows we have from 2006 are from big events, such as KROQ Inland Invasion and Rock Am Ring. They weren't just some random shows that we just happened to get Pro-Shot footage from.