Guns N' Roses to play at Montevideo (Uruguay) on March 18th

feconroses

http://www.elpais.com.uy/091220/pespec-461055/espectaculos/se-negocia-la-llegada-de-axl-rose-y-sus-guns-al-centenario-en-marzo

This is the biggest newspaper in Uruguay and its says its almost confirmed. The agreement is "within hours of being a closed deal". Aparrently, they will play March 18th at the Centenario Stadium, which has a capacity of around 60.000 people.

128700.jpg

The production company behind this show is the one who brought Alanis Morrisette, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Pavarotti, Liza Minelli, Lou Reed etc to Uruguay, so it totally can happen!

I will email the CEO of the production company to see if he can confirm it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have my doubts too.

Here in Uruguay, IMO they could easily sell 15.000 - 20.000 tickets.

But 50.000 - 60.000?

We are a country of 3.2 million people! We are less than 1/3 the population of Buenos Aires! :P

But i'll make my best to help this cause, and bring every friend with me :D

Edited by feconroses

I have my doubts too.

Here in Uruguay, IMO they could easily sell 15.000 - 20.000 tickets.

But 50.000 - 60.000?

We are a country of 3.2 million people! We are less than 1/3 the population of Buenos Aires! :P

But i'll make my best to help this cause, and bring every friend with me :D

count me in!

im from argentina, but if they play uruguay, im gonna be there!

http://www.elpais.com.uy/091220/pespec-461055/espectaculos/se-negocia-la-llegada-de-axl-rose-y-sus-guns-al-centenario-en-marzo

This is the biggest newspaper in Uruguay and its says its almost confirmed. The agreement is "within hours of being a closed deal". Aparrently, they will play March 18th at the Centenario Stadium, which has a capacity of around 60.000 people.

128700.jpg

The production company behind this show is the one who brought Alanis Morrisette, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Pavarotti, Liza Minelli, Lou Reed etc to Uruguay, so it totally can happen!

I will email the CEO of the production company to see if he can confirm it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now, check this out!

Today the most well-known newspapers and news website of Uruguay confirmed the arrival of Guns N' Roses to that country to give a concert at Centenario Stadium, Montevideo on March 18th at 9 PM!!! rock4

El País (local newspaper) -> http://www.elpais.com.uy/091223/ultmo-461635/ultimomomento/guns-n’-roses-llega-a-uruguay

Observa (website from local newspaper El Observador) -> http://www.observa.com.uy/vida/nota.aspx?id=90592&ex=25&ar=3&fi=21

Montevideo Portal (most visited Uruguayan news portal) -> http://www.montevideo.com.uy/nottiempolibre_99259_1.html

I'm from Montevideo and I'll be there!! rock3

It's rumored that the tickets would be selling from January and would cost from $1,000 (field location, currency: Uruguayan Peso ~ 50 US Dollars). :tongue2:

Fuckin amazing...Fans Uruguayos...se dan cuenta de lo que está por pasar? Los Guns, la banda de nuestra vida, TOCA EN EL ESTADIO!!!!!!! Es surreal, utópico casi que orgásmico o sin el casi. Ver a Slash en el Quilmes fué increíble y ahora ver a Axl a metros de donde voy a estar y a cuadras de donde naci es.....Fuckin amazing. Traten de convencer a todos los que conozcan asi el show será completo, muchas banderas, mucho agite. Tengo ganas de hacer una colecta para colgar en la torre de los homenajes una bandera que diga "Welcome Guns N Roses to Uruguay". Ojalá que toque con la camiseta de Uruguay asi no le tenemos que envidiar nada a los porteños... Salute...

eio3dt.jpg

Confirmado means Confirmed :xmassrudolph:

Hello everybody from this forum!

I'm from Uruguay too and I just CANNOT BELIEVE this is happening!

I registered here a little bit over a year ago when Chinese Democracy was about to be released, and I just fell in love with the forum. I had been waiting for the album for years too, and although I wasn't a huge fan, I always loved GN'R. But, yes, I admit it, I loved Chinese Democracy, it's one of my favourite albums of the decade (I honestly don't give a damn if it hasn't sold much) and I became a fan of the band thanks to it. It's actually the last album I truly got myself into. It rocks.

The forum was so interesting during those days, it was also a big part of me becoming a fan. It was fantastic, but don't get me wrong - it still is. I mean, people discussing the mexican dude who had the album before us, all the leaks, the surprising Axl posts, the ¨what's happening next?¨ kind of threads. Golden stuff. I registered back then but I didn't have time to post anything, until now (yeah I took a while).

And well, now I hear about this, they are coming to my country. Who would have thought. Can't WAIT. I've heard the most expensive ticket will cost USD 100, which is actually not that much considering it will be something unforgettable, without a doubt.

Ruben.