Can GNR sell out 525.000 places in South American?

ManetsBR

CONFIRMED

BRAZIL

03.07.10 - Brasilia - Nilson Nelson Gym - 11.000 places

03.10.10 - Belo Horizonte - Mineirinho Arena - 25.000 places

03.13.10 - São Paulo - Morumbi Stadium - 70.000 places

03.14.10 - Rio de Janeiro - Apoteose Park (50.000 places) or HSBC Arena (18.000 places)

03.16.10 - Porto Alegre - Zequinha Stadium - 27.000 places

URUGUAI

03.18.10 - Montevidéu - Centenario Stadium - 70.000 places

ARGENTINA

03.20.10 - Buenos Aires - River Plate Stadium - 70.000 places

03.21.10 - Buenos Aires - River Plate Stadium - 70.000 places

PERU

03.25.10 - Lima - San Marcos Stadium - 65.000 places

VENEZUELA

03.28.10 - Caracas - Poliedro Space - 18.000 palces

UNCONFIRMED // TBA

COLOMBIA

Bogota - Simon Park - 30.000 places

CHILE

Santiago - Nacional Stadium - 40.000 places

At all, it's 524.00 places if the Rio concert be in HSBC Arena and 546.000 if it be in Apoteose Park. Can GNR sell out all this places? In 12 concerts! It would be an average of 45.500 people per concert.

Can GNR do that? They'll try...

Edited by ManetsBR

Slash.

There, I beat you sonsofbitches. :D

But it's 100% true. In order for GNR shows to be sold out in Arenas all over the US,they need the original lineup. Now I know some of the GNR educators on here (14 year old kids) will have you believe otherwise but we know that isn't the case.

I think the current Guns lineup could do excellent business in the US if they bring out Faith No More and Soundgarden,though I think SG will make the mistake of trying to play US arenas as a headliner rather than sharing a bill with Guns or Pearl Jam.

Lol, I hear you. I was just being sarcastic. Here's what I want: Slash & Friends, then CD II, followed promptly by a reunion tour and album. It's not going to happen, but like I said, that's what I'd want.

Edited by sofine11

Slash.

But it's 100% true. In order for GNR shows to be sold out in Arenas all over the US,they need the original lineup. Now I know some of the GNR educators on here (14 year old kids) will have you believe otherwise but we know that isn't the case.

I think the current Guns lineup could do excellent business in the US if they bring out Faith No More and Soundgarden,though I think SG will make the mistake of trying to play US arenas as a headliner rather than sharing a bill with Guns or Pearl Jam.

Lol, I hear you. I was just being sarcastic. Here's what I want: Slash & Friends, then CD II, followed promptly by a reunion tour and album. It's not going to happen, but like I said, that's what I'd want.

I thought the OP was asking if GNR could do big business in the US as well.I often wonder why they can still play stadiums in other countries. Is it because ,here in the US, people care who is in the band and in other parts of the world, Axl could show up backed by The Wiggles and it wouldn't matter because the name on the ticket says "Guns N' Roses"?

Why is David Hasselhoff huge in Germany? Who knows? Different countries like different things. It's obvious that the current incarnation is more widely accepted in other countries, which is why it's all quiet on the western front here in the states as far as the current tour goes.

I think in the U.S. we absolutely need them to be promoted and marketed properly for a tour to be even mildly successful. They have nothing to market themselves with in the states right now, no video, no singles, the albums over a year old now...They got nothing.

They got away with it in 2002 and 2006 because at those time there was the whole "mystique" of Axl and the new GNR lineup, and the feeling that the new album was imminent. Now that it dropped, and did 'just okay' sales wise compared to expectations in the states, the mystery is long over.

My guess is that they will not do a full scale tour in the U.S. until after the next album comes out.

Edited by sofine11

Of course Slash would sell more tickets. None of us 14 year old GNR educators deny that. It would be going against everything that Axl's done in the past 15 years, sure.

What has he done in those 15 years again?

Oh yeah, put out one album, which he appeared to embarrassed to promote.

Slash.

I thought the OP was asking if GNR could do big business in the US as well.I often wonder why they can still play stadiums in other countries. Is it because ,here in the US, people care who is in the band and in other parts of the world, Axl could show up backed by The Wiggles and it wouldn't matter because the name on the ticket says "Guns N' Roses"?

Why is David Hasselhoff huge in Germany? Who knows? Different countries like different things. It's obvious that the current incarnation is more widely accepted in other countries, which is why it's all quiet on the western front here in the states as far as the current tour goes.

I think in the U.S. we absolutely need them to be promoted and marketed properly for a tour to be even mildly successful. They have nothing to market themselves with in the states right now, no video, no singles, the albums over a year old now...They got nothing.

They got away with it in 2002 and 2006 because at those time there was the whole "mystique" of Axl and the new GNR lineup, and the feeling that the new album was imminent. Now that it dropped, and did 'just okay' sales wise compared to expectations in the states, the mystery is long over.

My guess is that they will not do a full scale tour in the U.S. until after the next album comes out.

I agree with you, but I think that the biggest reason for them don't playing in US this year it's because they've already toured the country twice in ths tour (that's going for it's second decade :shocked: )

With one show per country, absolutely. Argentina too, although I would have tried to have them in two different cities. I don't know what the conditions are there though.

The only problem I could see is maybe in Brazil. Too many shows. But even there, most are under 30000 so it shouldn't be that difficult. We're talking about huge metropolises there.

Slash.

At least in South America it is because we get much less offer from bands like this. Not even much promotion is needed. In Chile and Argentina, for example it's the first time they play here since 1993.

Slash.

All valid points and i also think it has a lot to do with the fact that the general public doesn't see this as being Guns N Roses. We are freaky about GnR on here, no doubt (since they are the favorite band of most of us)We are probably the only people who know who Frank Ferrer is. Some of my friends who are only casual music fans, will bring up the point that "this is not Guns N Roses" when we are discussing the band. I am like how do you even know this?Since they don't follow GNR like I do and they will say "It's Axl and guys that nobody has heard of" So,selling the band to us is one thing but to the general public it's another. The fact that nobody cares what anyone has to say other than Axl is hurting them as well. If Slash,Duff,Izzy,Steven,etc.came back,MTV would be banging down their doors for interviews. Ron and Frank are nice guys but MTV/Rolling Stone could give a fuck what they have to say. On the other hand I think Dj is very marketable. They should let him talk freely.Axl may have always ran the show but at least back in the day,Slash,Duff,etc. all had something to say,not this constant "no comment" bullshit.

I think the "I am not in a position to discuss Guns business" line needs to go and is the worst thing these guys could say. I think Ron's a swell guy, but I want to slap him literally every time I hear him say that. DJ said something similar during his chat with the fans...The rest of the guys simply don't say anything at all.

They harp all day about how this is a real-deal, no joke, BAND...But nobody but Axl's allowed to tell us anything we want to know. Bumble was ridiculously vague when asked about the next ablum, mostly because he has no fucking idea what's going on with it. Brain told me the same when I emailed him about it a few months back.

He doesn't tell them shit, and what little he does tell them, they usually aint allowed to discuss with the fans. My point is that these guys dont have voices for a reason. Axl doesn't want them to. The last time someone got as big as Axl, the band broke up, got sued by him, and now everybody wants that guy back. He probably doesnt want that ever again, same way Izzy doesn't want to deal with a frontman ever again.

yes they can, because of the reasons posted above... like "they dont play since 93" etc etc

BUT

stop posting this kind of things dude, u post threads like these every week, even Fernando sayed it, "Dates are not confirmed" so please, besides newspaper or managers, untill tickets go on sale, they are no accuarate, and can misslead people like Fernando said. /end

Cya. Hope they confirm it soon.

Slash.

thats true. but we all know thats not happening so there is no point in bringing it up. its like saying "we could all die if the sun crashed into the earth." yea thats true buts its not gonna happen.

could they sell out those stadiums? most of them. but my guess is they will do what they did at the Tokyo Dome and not use certrain sections of the arena. big whoop they cant sell every ticket.

Answer's no, but.....OK I've got a valid point - ready?

WHO FUCKING CARES.

People will go and have a fucking amazing time listening to some fucking brilliant tunes and watching one of rocks greatest front men of all time. Who knows how many tours the old man's got in him? :D (I feel qualified enough to justify that comment).

Wont make a jot of difference either way - That is unless, you've got a financial interest in ticket sales?

It's not as if some of you will feel a moral victory has been accomplished if the shows don't sell out because of a childish opinion on a fans forum now is it? :lol:

Oh..... :drevil:

Of course Slash would sell more tickets. None of us 14 year old GNR educators deny that. It would be going against everything that Axl's done in the past 15 years, sure.

What has he done in those 15 years again?

Oh yeah, put out one album, which he appeared to embarrassed to promote.

No, he did...by bitching about Slash and blaming other people for problems etc.

To me GnR (minus Slash, Izzy, Duff) can sell out all US arenas. But there are certain things that have to happen otherwise they'll be lucky to get 50% capacity. I don't think it will happen but whatever. Axl needs to become likable again. Or at least socially accepted so that people who would love to see GnR but are secretly embarrassed to admit they love GnR can feel comfortable doing so. Here is what I would advise:

1. He needs to come out and apologize for how he hurt the women in his life. He needs to be deeply sorry and discuss in a non-angry way how is miserable his childhood was and how he made mistakes. He should discuss that he left the big stage because of his personal demons and how he couldn't perform knowing what he did. Man up and the American public will always forgive.

2. Admit his share of the responsibility for breaking up Guns without putting any blame on Slash. Then he needs to loop in how the original Guns was a toxic environment and he is emotionally healthier now. Leave it at that. Make Slash look petty. Offer friendship but no reunion.

3. He needs to promote himself again. That will be hard but there are ways to do it. A lot of it can be done in late-night by going on a forgiveness tour for points #1 and #2. the band can perform and must kick butt. Going on Howard Stern and doing an acoustic set would be good. Other than that, local radio, fan promos, etc. Things like that. He needs to get local DJ's who are idiots but can have sway to play his music and promote him again. Super Bowl and Grammy performances are out for now because GnR doesn't have the pull to get those gigs.

4. He needs a sponsor. Meaning it would be great if Axl could go out there and perform with a guy like Bono a few shows. Someone still in the business who will stand up publicly and state what we know - this guy rocks and is one of the greatest performers of our time. Are you foolish letting your time pass without getting to see him.

5. Get out there and take part in society. hook up with a charitable organization and donate band time and performances to it. Loop it into a college environment and off you go. There is no better one than the "green" movement. Kids love that stuff and al of a sudden you are cool again.

Once Axl's reputation is ressurected than he introduces the band and the music. Explaining the songs in a Storyteller environment would be awesome. Chinese Democracy is about the Dhali Lama, Shacklers Revenge about the senselessness of the Columbine killings, Better / Street of Dreams about heartbreak, Catcher in the Rye about Lennon. People eat that stuff up.

Then he needs to get accepted by the music community as a whole. This is where "new" GnR plays a charitable event like LiveAid, or and event like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and kick butt doing it.

That's all before normal promotion is done. It's a lot but it's not. At its core it is being a decent human being, asking for understanding, and forgiveness, and doing things that help others. His talent will drive the rest and quite frankly I think it will go a long way to making him a happier person.

To me GnR (minus Slash, Izzy, Duff) can sell out all US arenas. But there are certain things that have to happen otherwise they'll be lucky to get 50% capacity. I don't think it will happen but whatever. Axl needs to become likable again. Or at least socially accepted so that people who would love to see GnR but are secretly embarrassed to admit they love GnR can feel comfortable doing so. Here is what I would advise:

1. He needs to come out and apologize for how he hurt the women in his life. He needs to be deeply sorry and discuss in a non-angry way how is miserable his childhood was and how he made mistakes. He should discuss that he left the big stage because of his personal demons and how he couldn't perform knowing what he did. Man up and the American public will always forgive.

2. Admit his share of the responsibility for breaking up Guns without putting any blame on Slash. Then he needs to loop in how the original Guns was a toxic environment and he is emotionally healthier now. Leave it at that. Make Slash look petty. Offer friendship but no reunion.

3. He needs to promote himself again. That will be hard but there are ways to do it. A lot of it can be done in late-night by going on a forgiveness tour for points #1 and #2. the band can perform and must kick butt. Going on Howard Stern and doing an acoustic set would be good. Other than that, local radio, fan promos, etc. Things like that. He needs to get local DJ's who are idiots but can have sway to play his music and promote him again. Super Bowl and Grammy performances are out for now because GnR doesn't have the pull to get those gigs.

4. He needs a sponsor. Meaning it would be great if Axl could go out there and perform with a guy like Bono a few shows. Someone still in the business who will stand up publicly and state what we know - this guy rocks and is one of the greatest performers of our time. Are you foolish letting your time pass without getting to see him.

5. Get out there and take part in society. hook up with a charitable organization and donate band time and performances to it. Loop it into a college environment and off you go. There is no better one than the "green" movement. Kids love that stuff and al of a sudden you are cool again.

Once Axl's reputation is ressurected than he introduces the band and the music. Explaining the songs in a Storyteller environment would be awesome. Chinese Democracy is about the Dhali Lama, Shacklers Revenge about the senselessness of the Columbine killings, Better / Street of Dreams about heartbreak, Catcher in the Rye about Lennon. People eat that stuff up.

Then he needs to get accepted by the music community as a whole. This is where "new" GnR plays a charitable event like LiveAid, or and event like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and kick butt doing it.

That's all before normal promotion is done. It's a lot but it's not. At its core it is being a decent human being, asking for understanding, and forgiveness, and doing things that help others. His talent will drive the rest and quite frankly I think it will go a long way to making him a happier person.

I agree with you, but I can't see Axl doing that.

I agree with you, but I can't see Axl doing that.

I promisse I'll read everything. Now I gotta play dota.