Is GNR still signed to Geffen/Universal?

Nick85

Remember, Axl himself said he has CD2 ready to go and also wants to re-release AFD with the new band as well. Don't count out Guns N' Roses yet!!!

Absolutely none of that is true.

I was going by memory from Axl's posts in 2008. I could have sworn he mentioned "re-recording Appetite with the new line-up" As for the Twitter thing, I can't confirm that. I checked Axl's Twitter page but his updates don't go back that far.

Just because they rerecord it doesnt mean they will release it which they wont.

The rerecorded it about 10 years ago to practice the songs.

Remember, Axl himself said he has CD2 ready to go and also wants to re-release AFD with the new band as well. Don't count out Guns N' Roses yet!!!

Absolutely none of that is true.

I was going by memory from Axl's posts in 2008. I could have sworn he mentioned "re-recording Appetite with the new line-up" As for the Twitter thing, I can't confirm that. I checked Axl's Twitter page but his updates don't go back that far.

Here's what we know. Axl had the 1999 lineup re-record AFD so they could get a feel for the songs, and use it to practice. It was never intended for release.

As for CD2, while we know Axl has at least another album "recorded" we have no idea whether any of these songs have been mixed and mastered. Also, we musn't forget Axl's affinity for adding "final touches" to songs. Those two factors alone could mean that the release of the next album could still be years away. That's considering Axl gets the motivation he would need to put the effort into releasing another album.

Edited by sofine11