Security was telling people at WPG show they would not be allowed in with Slash/VR shirts?

Subtle Signs

We have now heard from several people at the show that venue security was telling patrons they would not be allowed in if they were wearing VR/Slash shirts. Is this even legal?Couldn't these people sue the venue/promoters,etc.? I have read this on more than one board and please don't say this is an attempt by "haters' to ruin the GnR comeback.

FD or anyone who was there,could you comment on this?

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

It didn't happen at the concert I went to and there was no mention of it at the asian shows. Why only do it for one concert? Smells like bullshit to me.

We have now heard from several people at the show that venue security was telling patrons they would not be allowed in if they were wearing VR/Slash shirts. Is this even legal?Couldn't these people sue the venue/promoters,etc.? I have read this on more than one board and please don't say this is an attempt by "haters' to ruin the GnR comeback.

That never happened at any of the three shows I went to in three different cities in 2006. I don't understand why that would happen all of a sudden. There were no mentions of this from the Asian shows. Seems strange that this would be an isolated incident.

Ali

I can somewhat confirm that. I know someone who wore a Slash shirt there, and security told them that they were supposed to boot people for that. I think even security were tolerant about it though, probably thought it was stupid as fuck. Coulda been that my friend had seats closer to the back of the arena. Axl wouldn't have seen it from that great a distance. Not a chance in hell. So maybe thats why they let him get in with a Slash shirt.

I could see telling that to people who are gunna be right up at the stage where Axl would easily be able to spot it. But like I said, security around me made it seem like they thought it was an absurd request.

Did you ever heard of 'appropriate dresscode', motherfucker? :rofl-lol:

Well, if this is reported across the Canadian shows, then it is clearly a GN'R and not a venue policy. A bizarre and pointless policy at that one. It's not like Axl hasn't dealt with chants of Slash in the past. He never stopped the shows and stormed off the stage because of those things in the past.

Ali

Seems an odd one. To be fair though why would you wear a VR shirt to a Guns N' Roses show. They're 2 totally different bands who play different music. If security were being arsey about it then all you need to do it turn it inside out.

If it's true, don't wear a Slash/VR t shirt, simple.

Fuck that. I don't know where you live but in the US this shit ain't gonna fly. If I pay $100 to attend a show I will wear whatever fucking shirt I please. My VR shirt is not disrupting the fucking concert in the slightest.

I think it's a bit screwed up but there's jack all you can do about it if that's what they tell the security. You can wear a VR shirt and risk wasting your $100 for the sake of making a point, or not.

Fuck that. I don't know where you live but in the US this shit ain't gonna fly. If I pay $100 to attend a show I will wear whatever fucking shirt I please. My VR shirt is not disrupting the fucking concert in the slightest.

ya but ur in axls world when u enter the arena. guess if u dont like it u can get a refund.

Edited by Frozen Inferno

Seems an odd one. To be fair though why would you wear a VR shirt to a Guns N' Roses show. They're 2 totally different bands who play different music. If security were being arsey about it then all you need to do it turn it inside out.

Well, I wouldn't wear a VR shirt to a GN'R show, but it shouldn't get you kicked out of show, ever.

Ali

And people claim that there could be a reunion :lol:

Well that's not right.

Holy shit! We agree on something.

I can see booting someone who brings a 10 foot banner saying WE WANT SLASH! Holding that up during the show could disrupt people from seeing and take away from the show. But a t-shirt?

I think it's a bit screwed up but there's jack all you can do about it if that's what they tell the security. You can wear a VR shirt and risk wasting your $100 for the sake of making a point, or not.

I could lay a heavy fucking lawsuit on the venue/promoters.

Yet the promoter will just go, "It's our venue, it's our rules, if certain objects will cause problems then we will be within our rights to stop people bringing them in." Of course you could just go for the infringement on my human rights angle but that's just a piss water argument.

Or you could just turn it inside out then put it right again when you go in.

Edited by plonker88

And people claim that there could be a reunion :lol:

Well that's not right.

Holy shit! We agree on something.

I can see booting someone who brings a 10 foot banner saying WE WANT SLASH! Holding that up during the show could disrupt people from seeing and take away from the show. But a t-shirt?

I could lay a heavy fucking lawsuit on the venue/promoters.

Yet the promoter will just go, "It's our venue, it's our rules, if certain objects will cause problems then we will be within our rights to stop people bringing them in." Of course you could just go for the infringement on my human rights angle but that's just a piss water argument.

Or you could just turn it inside out then put it right again when you go in.

You can't sue your son's school for having a uniform policy.