The Calgary Show at Pengrowth Saddledome

Loaded

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I thought the idea of banning Slash and VR shirts was dumb, but the more I read these threads the more I can see where they're coming from. The hatred between the Axl/Slash fans has reach a new level and when you add alcohol to that factor, I'm not sure what would go down in person. It's probably a smart security move.

Enormous woman just sat beside me. Fml.

i didnt know rancid punks was going to calgary.

(hes the biggest girl i know)

More GnR-Education from Jackie Moon. Here's a guy who is for banning people from shows with Slash shirts. If anything ever embodied the true spirit of Guns, that is it,right there!

If I ever wanna know what it was like to experience the AFD/UYI shows, here is the guy to tell me (from the comfort of his DVDs of course)

im not for it, im just not really against it. i could care less what happens to somebody trying to prove a point or be hilarious with a slash tshirt. its kind of like going as the joker for halloween 2008. its not as cool as you think it is. also im pro-you getting arrested trying to fight the power. as far as old band gnr shirts go, i.e. afd cross, yeah, thats fucked. im with you there.

yeah you got to see the uyi tours but you also like wrestling.

i win.

im predicting a opening of CD, jungle, easy, brownstone. but dont quote me on that. its just a hunch.

At first I thought the idea of banning Slash and VR shirts was dumb, but the more I read these threads the more I can see where they're coming from. The hatred between the Axl/Slash fans has reach a new level and when you add alcohol to that factor, I'm not sure what would go down in person. It's probably a smart security move.

No,you were right at first,it's still dumb. Again,Slash shirt or not, most people don't spend hundreds of dollars to go to a show and throw down. If I see a guy in a Ron shirt,I'm not gonna take off my VR shirt and beat him down with it.

PLEASE don't drag this discussion into this thread...

Jesus Christ this is a fucking update thread not the I am crying like a fucking baby cause I cant wear my Slash shirt.... there is another thread for that one unfortunately already

as much as I understand people wanna over discuss it can a mod make sure this does not take over here?

Calgary right now is the topic

22432_254804429801_653679801_3185632_6752984_n.jpg ... 22432_254862644801_653679801_3185846_770415_n.jpg

photos from russtcb @ gnrevolution

Edited by gunsguy

No,you were right at first,it's still dumb. Again,Slash shirt or not, most people don't spend hundreds of dollars to go to a show and throw down. If I see a guy in a Ron shirt,I'm not gonna take off my VR shirt and beat him down with it.

Well yeah, beating someone down with a shirt won't do enough damage.

Anyhow, I've stayed out of that thread for a reason. This is all about the show tonight.

i dont think anybody is arguing that you would? i dont see anybody saying there will be fights if people wear slash shirts.

people are clearly talking about slashshirts throwing things, causing a general distrubance.that is a legit objection. as has been proven people will pay 100 bucks just to go and try and piss axl rose off, and more than likely they are the same type who would wear a tshirt with slashs face over it, thats the reasoning here.

which i dont really buy myself. if somebody is gonig to throw things, they will just turn their shirt inside out, go in and chuck away.

i really think this is somebody on team axl trying to keep axls temper in check.

i think i had a dream where they opened with shacklers last night.

i think i need to stop reading these update threads.

Edited by Jackie Moon

StrictlyFX SFX moves with the Guns N' Roses tour next to Calgary at the Pengrowth Saddledome Sat. then Edmonton at the Rexall Place Sun. YEAH PYRO!!! 1 day ago from web

AND A RECAP for those just joining us lol:

DANKO played already, so did Sebastian Bach

we are waiting for GNR

Edited by gunsguy

I got OMFG Jungle goin 2nd, anybody wanna bet against me? How awesome would it be if they busted out Dead Horse,Breakdown or Since I don't have you? Now that would be a true OMFG moment.

Human Being is the best song on TSI,let's hear that.

Breakdown would've been just beyond awesome!

what ever happen with fernando and the live streams? honest question.

By the way, anyone ever seen "DIG".....for some strange reason I think we are all being played and the whole "shirt" issue and airport fiasco, is something a filmmaker "invented" for the upcoming GNR CD tour docu-drama.

LOL....