Street Of Dreams

Gunner55

Anyone notice on the track "Jam" right before Dizzy Reeds Piano Solo, Tommy Stintson (?) almost calls it "The Blues"?

May have been discussed before. If so, I missed it. Oh well. Just found it funny. I've known it as The Blues for so long....

Anyone notice on the track "Jam" right before Dizzy Reeds Piano Solo, Tommy Stintson (?) almost calls it "The Blues"?

May have been discussed before. If so, I missed it. Oh well. Just found it funny. I've known it as The Blues for so long....

It is one of the 2 names of the song, according to Axl at least.

Yeah, as most of us all know, it was known as The Blues for a long time, then before the album came out we found out Axl had changed the name to Street of Dreams. It's obvious that the band mistakenly calls it The Blues from time to time as well.

If you call it 'The Blues' it isn't a mistake! It's true that Axl decided to not call it 'The Blues' as the main name for the song because

he thought that name was not right for a none-blues based song, but 'The Blues' was never dropped as the song name altoghether by Axl as he added it as

a second name. he said so himself during one of his web chats.

Edited by Rovim

Street Of Dreams is a more appropriate title anyways IMO. It's a very uplifting ballad, as compared to November Rain or Estranged (Maybe not necessarily lyrically the whole time, but definitely musically). Street Of Dreams is more positive than The Blues.

Street Of Dreams is a more appropriate title anyways IMO. It's a very uplifting ballad, as compared to November Rain or Estranged (Maybe not necessarily lyrically the whole time, but definitely musically). Street Of Dreams is more positive than The Blues.

It's a more uplifting title that's for sure, and on the record there's also a sublte change that makes a HUGE differance for me. The ending cries used to just be so... "man, I just can't put this to words, so I'm going to go "ohhh ohh ohhhh ohh ohhh ohh". Now there's a little bit of "See, I told you so? Remember how I said you were making a mistake and pissing this away?" with the "What I tell ya?" lines. Makes a whole new spin on the song for me.

I'm more keen on The Blues, but I suppose it's best to refer to the (superior) 2001/2 version of the song as "The Blues" and call the sappier, Bon Jovi-ish power ballad album version "Street of Dreams," because, well, even the title itself sounds more like a Bon Jovi power ballad...

Sorry, but I'll always prefer the way he sang it (and the band played it) back then, although I like the addition of the "What'd I tell ya!" during the outro on the finished cut...

Edited by Estranged Reality