The Scorpions are finished

st0n3r

Important Message to our Fans

It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you - whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs.

While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was – and how much fun we were still having, in the process. But there was also something else: We want to end the Scorpion’s extraordinary career on a high note. We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we’ve always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this. Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years!

We uploaded the very first snippets from our new album for you.

And now… let’s get the party started and get ready for a “Sting in the Tail”!

See you on the world tour,

Yours

Scorpions

Edited by st0n3r

That's a shame. I've always been a modest Scorpions fan. But I guess it was only a matter of time, the band formed like 40 years ago. :lol:

But I've always liked the work from all the stages of their career. Their 70's albums were great. Lonesome Crow, their first album (put out in 1972) is probably one of my favorite albums ever, and "The Sails of Charon" from Taken By Force is one of my favorite songs ever.

I'll make sure to pick up this new album of their's.

Edited by LightningBolt

Oh well, they haven't been good for years. Last two times I've seen them live they sucked big time.

You are one of the most negative people I have ever seen. You might consider getting some help. This isn't about the Scorpions. I don't care what kind of [wrong] opinions you might have about them. Just every single thing you say is negative.

Now about the Scorpions:

I am definitely going to have to see the Scorpions on this next tour, then! I've always wanted to see them, and I really really like their music. I have the album they put out a couple years ago which I thought was really excellent! I hope this next one will be as good as that.

This whole thing is filled with cheese!

First of all...never say never!

Sounds like this is a setup, I mean come on, let's corner all the fans into buying the new album, and going to the shows and they make it look good, and then the whole "Back by Popular Demand" thing shows it's stingers a few years later. Thanks but no thanks, you quit, so do I.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Oh well, they haven't been good for years. Last two times I've seen them live they sucked big time.

yet you went back a second time. stupidity at its finest.

A festival my dear. :heart:

I really enjoyed "Humanity" one of their last albums I think. Some of the early songs were great but they have released so many albums I probably don't know shit about their discography :rofl-lol:

I'll try to see them this year but as someone stated, it seems like an attempt to make the fans buy the last record "yeah it's the best we've ever done" and go to that "last tour ever". It's not like it's something that hasn't been done before.

Saw them one time, 1988 on the Monsters of Rock tour.

Lineup:

Kingdom Come

Mettallica

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Halen(errr....Van Hagar)

They put on a great show.

Don't think they will retire just yet, though. As long as there is money to be made, especially in their homeland, Germany.

As long as there is money to be made, especially in their homeland, Germany.

Most people here in Germany consider them as a joke now. On their last European Tour they either played in minor cities with mid-size arenas or at festivals. I don't even think they will sell out any of the upcoming concerts here in Germany (perhaps in their hometown Hannover). Their biggest market (since the 90s) are the eastern countries, especially Russia, but definitely not Germany.

Edited by misch

Saw them one time, 1988 on the Monsters of Rock tour.

Lineup:

Kingdom Come

Mettallica

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Halen(errr....Van Hagar)

I caught that show as well, in South Florida.......and it rained the whole show, and the

amps were buzzing so much the only thing worth looking at was the girls t-shirts....... :)