Montréal's concert

Sratchy

Hey guys !

Hope you're doing great !!

To whom it may concern...

...I was reading an article on Guns N' Roses today in the "Journal de Montréal" and one of the member of GNR (just don't remember who) said that they will do a special show in Montréal to give back to the fans what they didn't get last august 1992 !!!

Waiting 18years for this is so long....but being at THIS special concert, I think, is priceless !! rock3

See u !!

Edited by Sratchy

I knew Montreal would be something special!! You lucky folks.... :D Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hope Axl doesn't blow his vocal chords. I see him the next night!!

He won't.. He's been amazing the whole tour.. Actually he's just getting better and better each day imo.. Don't worry, he'll be just fine ;)

The article is here :

http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/journaldemontreal/artsetspectacles/musique/archives/2010/01/20100122-194935.html

( In French)

It's a pretty good article saying how GN'R are finally back in Montreal.

Talking about the 2006 show in Québec city and how great it was.

They also say that the tour so far is doing great and the band is awesome.

They won't have extra security for the show.

I don't see nothing about a member saying that they will do special for Montreal tho, but I'm sure they will!

Hey Montrealer ! Long time no talk !!! :xmasssanta:

I'm sorry but that wasn't this article !! Just buy the newspaper Journal de Montréal of today, section "art et spectacle" I think !!

In the article I'm talkin' about, an other GNR member said he thought he was heading to south america so he brought some light cloths but he landed at winnipeg or somewhere like this in this cold western Canada ans he was surprised !!

I did some search too on the net and never been able to find it ! But it's black on white when I read it when I had breakfeast at the restaurent this morning !!

Take care and I hope I'll see u this wednesday Montrealer !! rock3

Edit : Montrealer, give me 10min from now, I'm going to the depanneur and get a copy and I'll write here the whole article, in french !!! :lol:

Sratchy

Edited by Sratchy

Ok guys,

I won't put the full article 'cause I don't want to write evrything here, if some of you would like to have it, just ask !

Source : Le Journal de Montréal, Sunday January 24th 2010, P. 35

" Je croyais qu'on allait au Vénézuela, alors j'ai apporté des shorts et des T-shirts, mais on s'est retrouvé à Winnipeg. C'est un peu plus froid ! " Blague Ron <Bumbleffot> Thal."

"Nous vous en devons une à Montréal, nous vous devons un spectacle qui sortira de l'ordinaire" promet Thal

Et voilà !! Here u go !!

First one Thal Said he thought he was going to Venezuela so he brought Shorts and T-Shirt but he finally was at Winnipeg wich is much more colder !

Second one Thal said GNR owes one to Montreal, and GNR should give a show that won't be just normal !!

This will be awsome !!

See ya !

Sratchy

Edited by Sratchy

Here ya go...

Axl Rose aura bientôt 48 ans, mais il n’a pas oublié la fameuse émeute du Stade olympique et son passage à Montréal.

Cette semaine devrait enfin lui donner l’occasion d’exorciser les fantômes du passé en offrant un vrai spectacle aux fans.

Près de 18 ans après les événements, le leader des nouveaux Guns sera enfin de retour au Centre Bell, le mercredi 27 janvier, et à Québec, quelques jours plus tard, le 1er février.

Pour le public de la Vieille Capitale, les retrouvailles seront un peu moins fébriles puisque le band avait soulevé le Colisée le 18 novembre 2006.

En fait, il convient presque de dire le lendemain puisque la formation avait débuté son show quelques minutes à peine avant minuit. La prestation avait pris fin vers 2h15 du matin.

Du jamais vu depuis très longtemps. Personne n’était reparti déçu. L’excessif chanteur n’a certes pas perdu ses habitudes d’oiseau de nuit et ses frasques font toujours jaser.

Si l’envie lui prend de sauter sur scène très tard, le spectre du 8 août 1992 pourrait toutefois planer encore un moment sur la métropole.

CHASSER LES MAUVAIS SOUVENIRS

Se sachant tout près, ce dernier avait lancé à la blague un retentissant «Bonjour Montréal» il y a trois ans à Québec. De toute évidence, il se souvient de cet épisode violent et il n’est jamais revenu sur les lieux du crime pour se faire pardonner. Pourtant, les premières notes de Welcome to the Jungle chasseront vite les mauvais souvenirs.

Ce soir-là, devant 55 000 personnes, Metallica avait brutalement interrompu son spectacle en raison d’un accident pyrotechnique qui avait brûlé le chanteur James Hetfield au troisième degré.

Après deux heures d’attente, les fans ont finalement eu droit à Guns N’Roses sur scène... pendant moins d’une heure, Axel Rose ayant décidé de quitter le stade.

Mercredi, la sécurité ne devrait pas être plus lourde que d’habitude autour de l’amphithéâtre.

DÉPART RÉUSSI

Guns vient tout juste d’entamer sa tournée canadienne à Winnipeg, le 13 janvier. Plutôt élogieux, le Winnipeg Sun a qualifié la performance de «massive rock’n’roll spectacle».

Pendant 2 heures et 50 minutes, le public anglophone a eu droit à plusieurs pièces pyrotechniques, notamment sur Live and Let Die. La formation aura mis près de 18 ans à pondre Chinese Democracy, mais honnêtement, la foule voudra entendre les hits des albums Appetite for Destruction et des deux Use Your Illusion.

Les hits Civil War, Patience, Sweet Child O’ Mine, Don’t Cry, Patience, Paradise City et November Rain ont mieux traversé les décennies que Axl lui-même.

La majorité des billets se vendent entre 50$ et 85$. Entre les deux villes québécoises, Guns visitera aussi Toronto et Ottawa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In English

Axl Rose will be soon 48 years old, but he did not forget the famous riot of the Olympic Stadium and his passage to Montreal. This week should finally give the opportunity for him to exorcize the demons of the past by offering a true spectacle to the fans.

Nearly 18 years after the events, the leader of the new Guns will be finally return to the Centre Bell, on Wednesday January 27, and to Quebec City, a few days later, on February 1.

For the public of the Old Capital, the meeting again will be a little less feverish since the band had raised Colisée on November 18, 2006. In fact, it is almost advisable to say the following day since the formation had begun its show a few minutes before midnight.

The service had ended towards 2:15 in the morning. Never considering for a very long time. Nobody had set out again disappointed. The excessive singer did not certainly lose his practices of night-owl and its escapades always make. If the desire takes to him to jump on scene very late, the spectrum of August 8, 1992 could however still plan a moment on the metropolis.

TO DRIVE OUT THE BAD MEMORIES Knowing it's very close, this last had launched to the joke resounding “Hello Montreal” three years ago in Quebec. Obviously, he remembers this violent episode and he never reconsidered the spot of the crime to be made forgiven. However, the first notes of Welcome to the Jungle will drive out the bad memories quickly.

That evening, in front of 55.000 people, Metallica had brutally stopped its spectacle because of a pyrotechnical accident which had burned the singer James Hetfield with third degree consequences. After two hours of waiting, the fans finally were entitled to Guns N' Roses on scene… during less than one hour, Axl Rose decided to leave the stage.

Safety should not be heavier than usually around the amphitheatre. SUCCESSFUL DEPARTURE Guns has just started its Canadian round with Winnipeg, on January 13. Rather eulogistic, Winnipeg Sun qualified the performance of “massive rock n' roll spectacle”. During 2 hours and 50 minutes, the anglophone public was entitled to several parts pyrotechnics, in particular on Live and Let Die. The formation will have put nearly 18 years to lay Chinese Democracy, but honestly, crowd will want to hear the hits from Appetite for Destruction and of both Use Your Illusion albums. The hits Civil War, Patience, Sweet Child O' Mine, Don' t Cry, Patience, Paradise City and November Rain crossed the decades better than Axl itself.

The majority of the tickets are sold between $50 and $85, between the two Québécois cities, Guns will visit also Toronto and Ottawa.

Edited by MicEffecT