Guns N' Roses - Prostitute (Axl Rose Acapella / Vocal Track)

beemer

how do we get this on mp3?

You talk to the right people.

Not hearing any modulation. Not saying there isn't.

You can hear Axl's headphones playing Prostitute while he sings btw. It's a bit weird. Technically very sloppy for a 15 million dollar album.

This is from rockband isn't it? I don't think you can turn the band off, just turn it really low.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Madison, this is official material...

I think you should delete this topic, but i think either that you prefer opening topics with your stupid bla bla bla about fake security restrictions of Slash Hat/T-shirts

a. It's not downloadable material, there's never been anything wrong with posting a youtube link to an official video

b. Fuck off

I'm itching to hear TIL from the RB masters. And TWAT

Edited by Powerage5

I'm still waiting for those mogg files to be cracked from Rock Band 2. That'll be a great day :D

If we're seeing these single layer tracks, doesn't that mean they have been cracked? Or are these appearing from people recording a single layer in practice mode? And I thought MSL claimed to have the .mogg files?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMt9bHiFTIE

does anyone have links to other tracks acapella style from CD? Ive heard shacklers also but I think most of us have...Thanks

It's always the sign of an amazing singer when they can sing acappella and sound really great.

Axl sounds incredible in that clip.

That vocal track is all auto tune and effects, it's got nothing to do with really singing a capella.

You guys want so badly to believe that Axl can't sing that you just say this stuff despite how nonsensical it is

I'm not saying he didn't use any digital touchups at all but for the most part these are clearly natural vocals with a simple echo effect and several layers in some parts

Hey Madison, this is official material...

I think you should delete this topic, but i think either that you prefer opening topics with your stupid bla bla bla about fake security restrictions of Slash Hat/T-shirts

Close the garage door and turn on the car.

As for this link...really, really cool.

i'm always amazed that people on a gnr forum would continually put a negative slant to everything regarding Axl. Makes no sense at all.

i'm not hearing auto-tune, really. lots of modulation, but not auto-tune. (on "Prostitute")

The thing about Auto-tune is, it is supposed to be unnoticed. You're not supposed to hear it unless it's a desired effect, much like compression.

As I producer, I know that you can set levels for pitch correction sensitivity and you can bypass it with the flick of a switch/button.

From the stuff I hear live, like This I Love (during the lower, easier parts) I think Axl might use pitch correction in studio. He's still a good singer, just not quite the note-nailing ability he had in the 90s. It's understandable as you age. Robert Plant has nowhere near his range anymore. Axl still has pretty good range.

I'd rather hear a singer miss a few notes live than for them to lip sync or use effects to cover it. It makes it a more real performance. On an album, it's typical these days.

The Where: These are from RB II Mogg files, released by MSL, from some sort of source. Supposedly he was trying to use this to get more, and had talked up about having all of them, but this was apparently all he had:

Prostitute Mogg (24 tracks if I recall, drums (many tracks), bass, guitars, piano and synth, and vocals.

Chinese Democracy vocal track.

Catcher In The Rye's lead guitar track.

Also, Shackler's Revenge has a RB II Mogg - which is broken into bass, guitars, backing vocals, main vocals, and drums drums drums.

The format for these files is pretty standard for most RB II multitracks. There's a good amount of isolation, but it's not perfect. The piano is combined with the synth effects etc. Or not all the vocal layers are given their own track. They're multirack files, but they've been downmixed to an extent.

These files didn't come from playing the game on demo or turning instruments down. In the case of Shackler, it was extracted from the game before the new encryption scheme.

As for the MSL files, those were supplied before encryption was applied to them - they were from unprotected files. There's no crack or hack yet. The search continues for a way to circumvent or crack Rockband's new protection.

The What:

If you hear Prostitute, the song, playing in the background in the Prostitute vocal track, it's from Axl's headphones. In every single isolated vocal track you find you'll hear the singer's headphones bleeding into the microphone if you turn it up. It has nothing to do with cheap production. It's the super expensive microphone picking up a tiny sound. The reason you hear it on these is these vocals are turned WAYYYYYY UPPPPPP from what you'd experience on a real mixed and mastered recording.

The Where: These are from RB II Mogg files, released by MSL, from some sort of source. Supposedly he was trying to use this to get more, and had talked up about having all of them, but this was apparently all he had:

Prostitute Mogg (24 tracks if I recall, drums (many tracks), bass, guitars, piano and synth, and vocals.

Also, Shackler's Revenge has a RB II Mogg - which is broken into bass, guitars, backing vocals, main vocals, and drums drums drums.

The format for these files is pretty standard for most RB II multitracks. There's a good amount of isolation, but it's not perfect. The piano is combined with the synth effects etc. Or not all the vocal layers are given their own track. They're multirack files, but they've been downmixed to an extent.

These files didn't come from playing the game on demo or turning instruments down. In the case of Shackler, it was extracted from the game before the new encryption scheme.

As for the MSL files, those were supplied before encryption was applied to them - they were from unprotected files. There's no crack or hack yet. The search continues for a way to circumvent or crack Rockband's new protection.

The What:

If you hear Prostitute, the song, playing in the background in the Prostitute vocal track, it's from Axl's headphones. In every single isolated vocal track you find you'll hear the singer's headphones bleeding into the microphone if you turn it up. It has nothing to do with cheap production. It's the super expensive microphone picking up a tiny sound. The reason you hear it on these is these vocals are turned WAYYYYYY UPPPPPP from what you'd experience on a real mixed and mastered recording.

Some of that is true, but a lot of it isnt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMt9bHiFTIE

does anyone have links to other tracks acapella style from CD? Ive heard shacklers also but I think most of us have...Thanks

It's always the sign of an amazing singer when they can sing acappella and sound really great.

Axl sounds incredible in that clip.

That vocal track is all auto tune and effects, it's got nothing to do with really singing a capella.

It's not 'acapella' he could hear the music when he recorded this (he was singing to the music), it's just this is a recording of the vocal track mixed down alone without the music but it was there when he sang this.

The What:

Some of that is true, but a lot of it isnt.

What is true and what is not true?

i'm not hearing auto-tune, really. lots of modulation, but not auto-tune. (on "Prostitute")

The thing about Auto-tune is, it is supposed to be unnoticed. You're not supposed to hear it unless it's a desired effect, much like compression.

As I producer, I know that you can set levels for pitch correction sensitivity and you can bypass it with the flick of a switch/button.

From the stuff I hear live, like This I Love (during the lower, easier parts) I think Axl might use pitch correction in studio. He's still a good singer, just not quite the note-nailing ability he had in the 90s.

yeah, i hear ya. but until i hear something that says "that's definitely 'auto-tuned'", i don't want to accuse someone of using it (or relying on it).

i think Axl has demonstrated to us that he still has "it". "it" may come and go, but when he's on; the boy is ON!

Edited by artfromtex