Guns N' Roses - Prostitute (Axl Rose Acapella / Vocal Track)

beemer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMt9bHiFTIE

does anyone have links to other tracks acapella style from CD? Ive heard shacklers also but I think most of us have...Thanks

It's always the sign of an amazing singer when they can sing acappella and sound really great.

Axl sounds incredible in that clip.

Shame you can't hear his actual voice behind all the effects.

I agree it sounds like shit with all that overdubbing.

does anyone have links to other tracks acapella style from CD? Ive heard shacklers also but I think most of us have...Thanks

It's always the sign of an amazing singer when they can sing acappella and sound really great.

That vocal track is all auto tune and effects, it's got nothing to do with really singing a capella.

No, I don't think there's any auto-tune on this track. There are subtle changes in the tonal quality of his voice and his vibrato that would get smeared out by auto-tune.

Ali

You clearly have never worked in a studio... there auto tune all over this... i've actually lost some respect for axl after hearing this... any decent singer should not need auto at all especially one who recorded appetite and the illusions long before it.

That vocal track is all auto tune and effects, it's got nothing to do with really singing a capella.

No, I don't think there's any auto-tune on this track. There are subtle changes in the tonal quality of his voice and his vibrato that would get smeared out by auto-tune.

Ali

You clearly have never worked in a studio... there auto tune all over this... i've actually lost some respect for axl after hearing this... any decent singer should not need auto at all especially one who recorded appetite and the illusions long before it.

i think you're letting the "double-track" effect fool your ears.

Ali

i think you're letting the "double-track" effect fool your ears.

I agree with that. The double-track effect smears out some of the tonal imperfections you might otherwise hear.

Ali

Chinese was ready in 2002. They spent 3 years making the record. After that it's just lawsuit problems along with Axl depression.

Really? How do you know this with such certainty?

Ali

Chinese Democracy (w/ Josh Freese co-writer, left the band in 2000)

Shackler's Revenge (w/ Buckethead co-writer, left the band in 2003)

Better (w/ Buckethead on guitar)

Street of Dreams (Played since 2001)

If The World (acoustic by Buckethead)

There Was A Time (mentioned in 1999 with demo)

Catcher in The Rye (mentioned in1999 with demo)

Scraped (w/ Buckethead on guitar)

Riad N' The Bedouins (played since 2001)

Sorry (w/ Buckethead co-writer)

I.R.S. (Mentioned in 1999 with demo)

Madagascar (Played since 2001)

This I Love (mentioned in 1994 and 1999 as Soundtrack for a movie)

Prostitute (w/ Tobias co-writer, left the band in 2002)[Also played as intro for NR in 2002 on piano]

Satisfied ?? There's also a lot of articles about the production, since Zakk Wylde rehearsing to Bumblefoot entering. :thumbsup:

Edited by marlon_brando15

Chinese was ready in 2002. They spent 3 years making the record. After that it's just lawsuit problems along with Axl depression.

Ali

Prostitute (w/ Tobias co-writer, left the band in 2002)

Satisfied ?? There's also a lot of articles about the production, since Zakk Wylde rehearsing to Bumblefoot entering. :thumbsup:

I'm well aware of all that information, but as you wrote, there are no known dates for when "Sorry" and "Scraped" were written. Also, Buckethead left in '04, not '03. And, the dates of when the songs are written are not the same date as when the whole record is ready.

I have no doubt there is a strong possibility the record could have been ready prior to '08, but not necessarily in its final incarnation and not necessarily as early as '02.

Ali

According to Marc Canter (author of Reckless Road)

""I love the new stuff and it didn't take as long to make as people think. Some people think that it took too long to make. It took 2 years to put a band together. Most of the record was done in about 3 years but there were many things to work out with the record compnay and management and while that was going on [Axl] added some things to it."

Ali

Prostitute (w/ Tobias co-writer, left the band in 2002)

I'm well aware of all that information, but as you wrote, there are no known dates for when "Sorry" and "Scraped" were written. Also, Buckethead left in '04, not '03. And, the dates of when the songs are written are not the same date as when the whole record is ready.

I have no doubt there is a strong possibility the record could have been ready prior to '08, but not necessarily in its final incarnation and not necessarily as early as '02.

Ali

Buckethead didn't played or rehearsed with the band since the cancelled tour in 2002. He did nothing in 2003. Axl and reports said that.

""I love the new stuff and it didn't take as long to make as people think. Some people think that it took too long to make. It took 2 years to put a band together. Most of the record was done in about 3 years but there were many things to work out with the record compnay and management and while that was going on [Axl] added some things to it."

Yeah, but on the other hand you have Del James making this comment on 02/22/2007

The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt.

There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along.

Take care,

Del James

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1770

Ali

How could it have taken years just to record these kind of vocals?!?

It didn't. It was ready to go long before. Most vocal tracks on the album is obviously pre-2006. I'd say Shackler's Revenge, Better, Sorry, Chidem high parts and This I Love are the most recent vocal tracks, there he has both power, rasp and control.

Songs like IRS would've really benefitted from Axl re-singing them in 2006-2007 where his voice was much more powerful.

Edited by Demon Wolf

Yeah, but on the other hand you have Del James making this comment on 02/22/2007

The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt.

There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along.

Take care,

Del James

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1770

Ali

CD was ready before these touches as you can hear in the 1999 and 2006 demos.