Lets Talk About... Radiohead

Street_Of_Dreams

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not pretentious, just friendly.

EDIT: Radiohead are currently recording. It seems the new album will feature drum machines again, as they did not play either 15 Step or Idioteque in the show for Haiti, meaning the machine is at the studio.

Edited by Yamisonic

Decent band.

Defintely above decent.

can't think of too many bands, that are able to completely change their sound, without sacrificing quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Zd8xPUQs8

i remember the days when thom yorke actually wrote music

He still does.

Have you heard his solo album?

I like them less after hearing those two songs.

Sounds like a sick cat moaning.

As for your comments to ER . . . . what does Axl Rose have to do with this conversation?

Just because YOU are in love with a band, just because YOU strongly believe they are awesome and the members are awesome and nice friendly guys . . . just because you feel strongly about something does NOT mean it's fact.

It's music. Everybody has different tastes.

I think they are overrated and boring. You think they are legends.

the beauty is that I don't have to listen to them, and i'm not going to go on a radiohead message board and continually post negative things about them.

You love Radiohead - so luckily, you get to continue to listen and enjoy them all you want. You hate the new GnR, so luckily, you don't have to post on their . . . . oh wait. Weird, but whatever floats your boat.

i can't see why so many people seem to love this band. every time i hear someone mention radiohead, they talk about how "brilliant" they are.. i actually tried getting into some of their stuff a few weeks ago and just couldn't.

show me their BEST song and see if i can like it :drevil:

same for me..or at least their top 5 songs.

They're good, but Biffy Clyro are better.

Best songs (entry-level at least) would be Just, 15 Step, Karma Police, 2+2=5 and maybe some other Hail to the Thief track. I wouldn't mention Amnesiac or Kid A, cause I like them as albums rather than individual tracks.

I'd say tsome of my favorites in no order (Except the first one because that's the one that got me into them in the first place)

Fake Plastic Trees (DEFINATELY GIVE THIS ONE A SPIN!)

Karma Police

Everything In Its Right Place

2+2=5

Paranoid Android

The National Anthem

The Bends

Creep

Airbag

anything off "The Bends" or "OK Computer" are pretty good

Edited by Street_Of_Dreams

I liked creep when I was a loser in school who couldn't get pussy.

I'll try some of these recommendations soon, from what I've heard they sound erm interesting.

FPT: Not bad, definitely needs a few more listens to sink in.

Karma Police: My favourite, really like this one.

I've always liked PA, guess they aren't too bad at all.

Edited by MoonWalker

just get the best of radiohead.

They're really more of an "album" band. Kid A, imo, is a bit overrated, but a lot of people regard it as the greatest album of the '00s. It was ranked #1 on so many magazine lists that it was bumped back onto the Billboard 200 last month!

yeah, you're right about that - but in the words of mozza; these things take time. considering the best of more of a sampler than a proper collection, it works as a great way for non-fans to choose their first 'real' album based upon their opinions regarding the songs (rather than throwing fifty minutes of kid a their way).

jmo

Have Radiohead recorded a new album in Hollywood?

US blogger claims the band decamped to LA to escape the English weather

Radiohead have been recording in Hollywood "to get away from the dismal English winter", according to reports.

The band, along with producer Nigel Godrich, set up studio in a house in the Hollywood Hills for a three-week session, and held a wrap party on January 30. A blog by LA Times writer Jia-Rui Cook, originally published at Postmark Here, described the party:

"Bryan [Cook, engineer] helped transform a house in the Hollywood Hills into a recording studio and spent the last three weeks there recording Radiohead with Nigel Godrich. On Saturday, we waded through a driveway full of Priuses and Minis to get to the wrap party.

"I was giddy seeing Beck, Salma Hayek and Danger Mouse chatting around the same pool where Dean Martin and the Rat Pack used to hang out. Thom Yorke periodically toyed with the iPhone that controlled the speakers. Usually he skipped forward to a Rolling Stones song."

Cook went on to reveal that Godrich told her the adverse US weather had helped the band to focus on recording:

"The band wanted to record in LA to get away from the dismal English winter. Nigel said they were probably lolling about too much in the sunshine when they first arrived. When it started pouring down, they realised someone up there was telling them to get on with it. If their last album was 'In Rainbows', I guess they could call this one 'In Rainstorms'".

The blog post at Postmark Here has since been taken down, though it has been reproduced on various blogs including Onethirtybpm.com.

In other Radiohead news, both the band and Thom Yorke appear to have set up Twitter accounts in the past few days.

Radiohead's Twitter account has been verified as being official, while Thom Yorke's hasn't.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/49585

Have Radiohead recorded a new album in Hollywood?

US blogger claims the band decamped to LA to escape the English weather

Radiohead have been recording in Hollywood "to get away from the dismal English winter", according to reports.

The band, along with producer Nigel Godrich, set up studio in a house in the Hollywood Hills for a three-week session, and held a wrap party on January 30. A blog by LA Times writer Jia-Rui Cook, originally published at Postmark Here, described the party:

"Bryan [Cook, engineer] helped transform a house in the Hollywood Hills into a recording studio and spent the last three weeks there recording Radiohead with Nigel Godrich. On Saturday, we waded through a driveway full of Priuses and Minis to get to the wrap party.

"I was giddy seeing Beck, Salma Hayek and Danger Mouse chatting around the same pool where Dean Martin and the Rat Pack used to hang out. Thom Yorke periodically toyed with the iPhone that controlled the speakers. Usually he skipped forward to a Rolling Stones song."

Cook went on to reveal that Godrich told her the adverse US weather had helped the band to focus on recording:

"The band wanted to record in LA to get away from the dismal English winter. Nigel said they were probably lolling about too much in the sunshine when they first arrived. When it started pouring down, they realised someone up there was telling them to get on with it. If their last album was 'In Rainbows', I guess they could call this one 'In Rainstorms'".

The blog post at Postmark Here has since been taken down, though it has been reproduced on various blogs including Onethirtybpm.com.

In other Radiohead news, both the band and Thom Yorke appear to have set up Twitter accounts in the past few days.

Radiohead's Twitter account has been verified as being official, while Thom Yorke's hasn't.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/49585

Interestingly enough, the blog that originally "broke" this story, Onethirtybpm, is a site I review for. :lol: Shuffle, who posts here, also writes for the site. Pretty cool to see them getting named in all these other articles.

just get the best of radiohead.

They're really more of an "album" band. Kid A, imo, is a bit overrated, but a lot of people regard it as the greatest album of the '00s. It was ranked #1 on so many magazine lists that it was bumped back onto the Billboard 200 last month!

It might not be the best record of the 00s, but it's definitely in the top ten.

lot pressure on radiohead after the sucesss and acclaim of ok computer. i think most fans/critics are in agreement that with kid a, they lived up to the expectations.