This leg could use some spice

mrandyk

I really feel like the setlist has become pretty predictable and could really use some surprises or something, has Prostitute even been played in Canada? Hopefully they are just saving it all for the last few shows, the last two shows in Japan were just amazing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel like the setlist has become pretty predictable and could really use some surprises or something, has Prostitute even been played in Canada? Hopefully they are just saving it all for the last few shows, the last two shows in Japan were just amazing.

Have you even BEEN to a show?

I would reccomend rosemary, it's not to spicy but it has a good flavour and really adds to any food. But if you really want to walk on the wild side, I suggest paprica. Add some salt and pepper too.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Perfect answer to one of the dumbest topics EVER. They have been switching around a lot, playing a lot of different stuff during this world tour, even playing different covers. And you have to realize that not EVERY show can be FULL of surprises. So cut the crap and enjoy the ride.

Best post so far in this topic: 'Have you even been to one of the shows???'

Come on, Pearl Jam sucks, one of the most overrated bands in recent history, I would fall asleep after the 4th song.

Here we have our first GNR educator. I was using PJ as a reference point. The fact that you think they suck is irrelevant to the thread. The point stands that PJ are a far bigger draw here in America than GNR these days. Now why is this? Neither band is blowing up the charts with their new albums.

Could it be because PJ fans travel to multiple shows beccause they know that the band will keep it different every night? There you go. Now, how many GNR songs are there total?I mean originals? Why can't GNR learn more of them? If these are such amazing musicians, they should be able to play almost any GNR song at the drop of a dime.

GNR songs are a lot more complicated than Pearl Jam's!!! Both instrumentally and on the singing you blind fool. GNR is one of the very rare rock bands to pull off a 2h30 mn ++ show every night. I couldn't care less about your biased point of view.

I would reccomend rosemary, it's not to spicy but it has a good flavour and really adds to any food. But if you really want to walk on the wild side, I suggest paprica. Add some salt and pepper too.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Perfect answer to one of the dumbest topics EVER. They have been switching around a lot, playing a lot of different stuff during this world tour, even playing different covers. And you have to realize that not EVERY show can be FULL of surprises. So cut the crap and enjoy the ride.

Best post so far in this topic: 'Have you even been to one of the shows???'

Are you afraid to say something in a negative light towards this band? Apparently you have been to all the shows, and they have been beyond similar. But no you are right, a setlist that is in no way variable is the way to go.

Rancid Punks, stop mentioning Pearl Jam as if they were the benchmark GNR should strive to achieve. Pearl Jam are one of the very few bands who do that. They are the exception, not the rule. Nobody expects other bands to behave that way. Also, keep in mind that a live show is not just about the music they play, but also pyro, light shows etc. Pearl Jam don't make much use of visual enhancements, so they can afford to play whatever they want, as long as all it takes is for someone to turn the lights and amps on. GNR need to keep to a certain setlist so that the entire crue responsible for a concert can do their job. Sure, they could change some of the songs here and there, like the Stones for example do (a band who makes HEAVY use of non-musical entertainment during concerts), but they must stick to a core setlist.

You missed a brilliant chance for a "Thyme" joke.

It would be awesome if they play 3 and hal hours shows everyday and play the whole CD ...

But let´s be realistic ... in the illusion tour (at the beggining) they also played long shows checking different setlist and finally the choosed one the setlist were similar the next year and half ...

I´m really happy about the setlists ...

Again with the setlists? People have been complaining that some places have gotten catcher and others haven't. How pissed would you be if you only got some of your favourite songs then another gig got more of them. Not everyone can afford to travel the country and see multiple shows. Not everyone who is at a show gives a fuck about how 'original' the setlist is when it's melting your face off. If you want surprise, don't look at the setlists. If you can appreciate the show for what it is rather than comparing it to other shows you didn't even attend by all means look at the setlist, but don't let it cloud your judgement. It should be about seeing the band you like and hearing the song you love. Not showing off and bragging about how unique your show was.

For god sake people, stop complaining about the setlist. AXL IS CHANGING THE SETLIST EVERY SHOW. They didn't repeated. Of course I would like to see more UYI stuff along with Riad, but hey, it's very good. Remember 2006 ?? That was boring.

They played in this tour (Canada) 12 songs of CD. 10 songs per show it's amazing.

These Canada's crowd are really boring too, I'm not surprised that Axl doesn't do anything sooo special. Wait for South America, we'll show how to rock.

If GnR played completely different setlists every night you'd end up with a bunch of lesser known illusion tracks and the Spaghetti Incident being played. Something tells me that the fans wouldn't like that a great deal in most cases.

Agreed. It's good the way it is. I would be just happy to replace some old covers like Live and Let Die and Knockin with Don't Cry and Estranged. But let's be realistic, in Live and Let Die Axl know how to show his powerful voice and Knockin is easier to sing. I think that's the reason we see these songs every show.

Man how greedy can people get? How much more do you want out of these guys! They are doing more songs,longer shows, larger set, more video footage. They brought in an even better guitar player, they give away drinks, decorated the damn piano, they have got up there every night and given it their all. What the hell more do you want? Blood? I believe that has been mentioned on this trip too!!! Man some people are just never happy! Sorry to bitch so much but this kind of thing pisses me off. I am just glad they are on the road and having fun.

peace out

amy

It'd be nice if a new song (NON CD) was played

Metallica do this (I don't intend to compare, but just as an example) - They're on their 125th show of the DM tour, and while there have been constants in the setlist, they've managed to play lots of old songs you just don't hear anymore - Dyer's Eve, Shortest Straw, Justice, Until it Sleeps, Trapped Under Ice, Through the Never, the list goes on and on. I don't think its possible to get a completely unpredictable setlist every night, but it would be nice to start mixing in some of the older, lesser known stuff for the diehards. I would love to hear them start inserting Locomotive, Dead Horse, The Garden, Garden of Eden, You're Crazy, Don't Damn Me into shows here and there. This last part is wishful thinking, but why not put the soundboard boots up on a site for purchase???? We all know how overproduced the studio version of CD is, and I don't know about you, but after downloading the Tokyo show, I CANNOT listen to the studio release of Chinese Democracy anymore.

You missed a brilliant chance for a "Thyme" joke.

Dammit Well next time I'll get it. .

Man how greedy can people get? How much more do you want out of these guys! They are doing more songs,longer shows, larger set, more video footage. They brought in an even better guitar player, they give away drinks, decorated the damn piano, they have got up there every night and given it their all. What the hell more do you want? Blood? I believe that has been mentioned on this trip too!!! Man some people are just never happy! Sorry to bitch so much but this kind of thing pisses me off. I am just glad they are on the road and having fun.

peace out

amy

People bitching are pissing me off, you guys have no fuckin idea how BADLY I want them to come to the US, I am on the fuckin edge waiting for that announcement man, be THANKFUL for the killer shit they are giving to you!

Exactly people, many of us want them to come to our country and you want more spice?

I don't care what songs they play as long as they come to my country!!

peace out

amy

People bitching are pissing me off, you guys have no fuckin idea how BADLY I want them to come to the US, I am on the fuckin edge waiting for that announcement man, be THANKFUL for the killer shit they are giving to you!

Exactly people, many of us want them to come to our country and you want more spice?

I don't care what songs they play as long as they come to my country!!

I totally agree! I just want them here!!