This leg could use some spice

mrandyk

GNR is playing in Canada where the big cities are thousands of kilometers away from each other, it's winter, people don't travel much in the winter, so I see no reason for changing the setlist completely for the few fans who go to more than one show.

You still don't get it. Do you understand why there are only a "few fans" who go to more than one show? It's not because it's Winter and it's not because they need to drive hundreds of kilometers. It's because the songs played are 95%-100% the same each and every night of a given tour (Tokyo and Osaka being the only exceptions). I'm just one guy and I would have gone to at least two more shows on this tour alone. I know there are lots of other fans like me. We're talking about thousands or tens of thousands of additional ticket sales over the course of a tour. Pearl Jam have based their whole career on building that kind of fanbase and that's why they're so much more successful.

-You still don't get it

-I know a lot of fans who went to more than one show

-I would have gone to more than 2 shows, but you know, I gotta work too

-"I know there are lots of other fans like me" :rolleyes:

-"We're talking about thousands or tens of thousands of additional ticket sales over the course of a tour." :rolleyes: FYI most of the shows were almost sold-out

-"Pearl Jam have based their whole career on building that kind of fanbase and that's why they're so much more successful" Success is relative. Can PJ fill 5 soccer stadiums in South America?

Sounds like you're agreeing with pretty much everything I said.

Lol.

Here's a black santa for ya: :xmasschef:

Edited by RocketKing99

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe how you guys complain so much. Most of you really need to get laid.

I´m with you ... setlist is great

If you ask me a wish i´d ask for more illusions songs...

I'm fucking happy with how things are going.

If you ask me a wish I'd ask for no AFD or UYI songs. Just ChiDem plus Silkworms, Oh My God, and the asshole song dedicated to Saul "The Cancer" Slash.

And we are the ones who need to get laid? It bothers me to no end when morons like you say that.

Come on, Pearl Jam sucks, one of the most overrated bands in recent history, I would fall asleep after the 4th song.

I actually enjoy Pearl Jam

But on terms of a creative scale, PJ is not even in the same league as new or old GnR.

But for the guy who posted the PJ set-lists and who is complaining about GnR . . . .you are in lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't like the 3 hour shows that Axl and Co have been putting on, then DONT GO TO THE SHOWS. Pretty simple.

I saw them in 02, 08 and was 100% happy with the shows. And if this tour comes through the U.S., I will go again.

So far on this tour they have played a TON of different songs, including every song off the new cd except for one. Plus a couple new covers. How anybody could complain about this is ludicrous. Fucking whiners and haters.

Axl could put on 6 hours show, debut 12 songs from a new album, play every GnR song every recorded, plus 8 new covers .............. and people would still come on here and bitch and moan about it.

Can't believe how you guys complain so much. Most of you really need to get laid.

I´m with you ... setlist is great

If you ask me a wish i´d ask for more illusions songs...

I'm fucking happy with how things are going.

If you ask me a wish I'd ask for no AFD or UYI songs. Just ChiDem plus Silkworms, Oh My God, and the asshole song dedicated to Saul "The Cancer" Slash.

And we are the ones who need to get laid? It bothers me to no end when morons like you say that.

This dude would bag on whoever Axl does so if Axl turns on Bumble,expect this guy to do the same.

Show to a Slashite any great setlist from a Canadian show, or any other great bootleg post-Slash, however admirable, and you will observe that the whole effort of the Slashite mind is directed to find a difficulty, a defect, or an impossibility in it. If you speak to him of a great GNR show, he will pronounce it impossible: if you show him a friggin' awesome bootleg, he will declare it worthless, because it doesn't have Slash in it.

/thread

Edited by RocketKing99

I wouldn't expect a GNR-educator like yourself who was barely born when Slash was in GNR to understand his importance to the band.

The PJ point still stands that they switch up their set nightly by as many as 10-15 songs or more and therefore sell out their shows in the US. GNR could take a page from that book and maybe the ticket sales would improve in the US. It has nothing to do with lower ticket prices,though if PJ's are lower, maybe GNR could learn from that as well.

So let me get this straight. Guns N' Roses playing songs like "Pretty Tied Up", "Double Talkin' Jive", "Bad Apples", "Anything Goes", "Oh My God", "Don't Damn Me", or "Dead Horse" is going to make them sell out arenas? They play all of their big hits, which is what the casual fan wants to hear. The hardcore fans are going to be there regardless of what they play. The problem most definitely doesn't lie in their setlist. Though I think they could benefit a little from maybe switching in some different songs here and there, to imply that it will drastically change anything is a bit out there.

And no one mentioned Slash you imbecile.

I wouldn't expect a GNR-educator like yourself who was barely born when Slash was in GNR to understand his importance to the band.

The PJ point still stands that they switch up their set nightly by as many as 10-15 songs or more and therefore sell out their shows in the US. GNR could take a page from that book and maybe the ticket sales would improve in the US. It has nothing to do with lower ticket prices,though if PJ's are lower, maybe GNR could learn from that as well.

So let me get this straight. Guns N' Roses playing songs like "Pretty Tied Up", "Double Talkin' Jive", "Bad Apples", "Anything Goes", "Oh My God", "Don't Damn Me", or "Dead Horse" is going to make them sell out arenas? They play all of their big hits, which is what the casual fan wants to hear. The hardcore fans are going to be there regardless of what they play. The problem most definitely doesn't lie in their setlist. Though I think they could benefit a little from maybe switching in some different songs here and there, to imply that it will drastically change anything is a bit out there.

Your co-GNR educator RocketKing99 mentioned Slash quite a few times. Scroll up there,Bubba.

The problem does lie in the set lists as far as the US is concerned.Well,that and the fact that other than us,hardly anyone knows or cares who is the band.

I have to agree with Lightning here. Casual fans wanna hear hits and hardcore fans will just go no matter what. There's not much of a middle line.

Ticket sales aren't high because people in this day and age don't care about GNR right now.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsTruee

They're not touring the US yet, so no it won't.

Your co-GNR educator RocketKing99 mentioned Slash quite a few times. Scroll up there,Bubba.

The problem does lie in the set lists as far as the US is concerned.Well,that and the fact that other than us,hardly anyone knows or cares who is the band.

That is the reason why ticket sales aren't that high (they're still decent, though). Has zip to do with the setlist.

Exactly.

Throwing in those songs are NOT going to make more people attend the show.

Rancid or gnr-star's continual Axl bashing is so predictable. As is his continous juvenile need to say that if you are an Axl fan, then you are swinging on his nuts.

I suspect rancid/gnr-star is just pissed off right now that Axl and GnR are having some current success, while slash's lost YET ANOTHER singer in one of his bands, and embarrassed the hell out of himself by performing with jaime foxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry. I think the solo album is gonna kick some ass. You've got a lot to look forward to with Slash.

Edited by Apollo

Exactly.

Rancid or gnr-star's continual Axl bashing is so predictable. As is his continous juvenile need to say that if you are an Axl fan, then you are swinging on his nuts.

I suspect rancid/gnr-star is just pissed off right now that Axl and GnR are having some current success, while slash's lost YET ANOTHER singer in one of his bands, and embarrassed the hell out of himself by performing with jaime foxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry. I think the solo album is gonna kick some ass. You've got a lot to look forward to with Slash.

Huh.

Axl enjoying some sucess?

the dude just beat up the pap's at the airport, admited that he doesn't have management, and can barely sellout canada......

that's sucess to you?

Exactly.

Huh.

Axl enjoying some sucess?

the dude just beat up the pap's at the airport, admited that he doesn't have management, and can barely sellout canada......

that's sucess to you?

He sold about 90% for each show in average. Show me a band that can do that for 15 shows (that's how many they've played so far).

And FYI they sold out Toronto.

Yes, that's success.

Edited by RocketKing99