Chinese Democracy 2

GNR123GNR456

am I the only one who thinks calling the album Chinese Democracy 2 is kinda lame? Surely Axl and Co. can think of a better title...

IT WONT BE CALLED CHINESE 2. lol clearly we have idiots in here who could only achieve a GED in life.

They have 3 records of material...Axl said they want to release at least one more "AT SOME POINT, IN OUR LIFETIME", he also said there are many "IDIOTS ALREADY DEMANDING RELEASE DATES" And that'll never change big surprise...

Seriously who cares about new music they're not going to be done with this tour anytime soon so chinese remains the focus in 2010. A NEW RECORD WILL NOT BE RELEASED THIS YEAR. done deal. Don't need any sources to gurantee that it just won't happen no matter how many of you want otherwise or not. I get that many of you have already given up on chinese as a whole record, but regardless, the band still has an opportunity to release more videos and singles as good promo. As far as I'm concerned they took a long ass time to release it, they can focus on it for a long ass time. And that appears to be what is happening now.

Talk about this topic all you want but it's pointless.

wait.... are you Axl?

really you guys amaze me a new albulm is far far far from axl mind, just gettin sum dates in europe this summer is a struggle both download and glastonbury doesnt want to touch axl with a barge pole, so a new albulm will probably never surface

The fuck, where are you getting this info from?

[/qumate i was just playing thats all

am I the only one who thinks calling the album Chinese Democracy 2 is kinda lame? Surely Axl and Co. can think of a better title...

IT WONT BE CALLED CHINESE 2. lol clearly we have idiots in here who could only achieve a GED in life.

They have 3 records of material...Axl said they want to release at least one more "AT SOME POINT, IN OUR LIFETIME", he also said there are many "IDIOTS ALREADY DEMANDING RELEASE DATES" And that'll never change big surprise...

Seriously who cares about new music they're not going to be done with this tour anytime soon so chinese remains the focus in 2010. A NEW RECORD WILL NOT BE RELEASED THIS YEAR. done deal. Don't need any sources to gurantee that it just won't happen no matter how many of you want otherwise or not. I get that many of you have already given up on chinese as a whole record, but regardless, the band still has an opportunity to release more videos and singles as good promo. As far as I'm concerned they took a long ass time to release it, they can focus on it for a long ass time. And that appears to be what is happening now.

jesus don't have a heart attack or anything

I enjoy Chinese Democracy and I love that the band is touring, but.....

What about Chinese Democracy 2? Will it come out and if so, when do you think it will?

I Hope they release it this year and the last one in 2012 (If it is going to be a trilogy). I would love to hear new music from the band.

"Same bat time, same bat channel"? November 23, 2010? 2011, 2012, Never?

Possible Tracklisting:

01. Quick Song

02. Zodiac

03. Oh My God

04. Berlin

05. Ides Of March

06. The General

07. Seven

08. Beta's Barn

09. Daddy, Can the Devil Do Mommy and Me?

10. Soul Monster

11. Down By The Ocean

12. Thyme

13. Silkworms

14. Atlas Shrugged

I want to hear your opinions.

lol is this even a serious thought?

SOON IS THE WORD. THREAD/

Mods should put together this thread with the existing soon is the word thread :rofl-lol:

WTF? They just launch an album and you guys already want other.

Anyway, if you REALLY want to hear, I have some demos hear. Or no.

It was 14 months ago, they've hardly "just launched" it. What would be wrong with us wanting another album? GOSH WHAT AWFUL FANS WE ARE.

WTF? They just launch an album and you guys already want other.

Anyway, if you REALLY want to hear, I have some demos hear. Or no.

It was 14 months ago, they've hardly "just launched" it. What would be wrong with us wanting another album? GOSH WHAT AWFUL FANS WE ARE.

but couldnt they release the 2nd one say in Nov and promoto both of the albums at the same time as there hasnt been any major push on the current album?

My guess is late 2012 as I already said before, but more important is that the reason I think we'll probably hear it, comes from the simple fact that Axl said he always looked at Chinese Democracy as a double album and that in his eyes, the concept is what we have now and another disc with the same musicians.

My conclusion is that an artist like Axl will want to release his work as it was meant to be released: a complete concept, which means Chinese Democracy part 2 will have to see the light of day in order for this to happen,at least at some point in time which seems very likley to me.

Use Your Illusion 1 and 2

Chinese Democracy (Part 1) a few years go by..... Chinese Democracy Part 2

Could be the case... just a guess.

I'm so tired of talking about this alleged CD II album. I was psyched about it when it seemed like Axl might put it out in late 09 (same bat time and all that), but I think we all know what happens every time Axl looses momentum with something....

I don't doubt that the songs exist. I do doubt that Axl has any motivation or intentions to release them any time in the near future.

Either way, is it even realistic to think that a band without any sort of management could release an album like this? :shrugs:

I'm so tired of talking about this alleged CD II album. I was psyched about it when it seemed like Axl might put it out in late 09 (same bat time and all that), but I think we all know what happens every time Axl looses momentum with something....

I don't doubt that the songs exist. I do doubt that Axl has any motivation or intentions to release them any time in the near future.

Either way, is it even realistic to think that a band without any sort of management could release an album like this? :shrugs:

That depends if they need management, wasn't there rumours that the contract only required Chinese Democracy to be fufilled, after that, Axl could go independant if he wanted to. Which to be honest, I think could prove extremely beneficial forthe fans. I never thought the next album would come out in 2009, but provided they keep the ball rolling with this tour, 2011 would be an unrealistic target.

That gives this tour another six months, moving into summer. A nice break for everyone for a couple of months, add the touches to the next album, master it for however long that takes them, and you could be looking at a 2011 release. That's optimistic, I know, but at the same time, does leave a decent margain for error. Even 2012 wouldn't be the worst thing.

Anybody who lists Oh My God as a potential for the next album should be banned.

I want a new album as much as the next guy. But the band is touring right now, they aren't going to be releasing the next album anytime soon.

And i don't get the excitement over song titles. We know the music for ONE song - "checkmate" or whatever it is actually called. As for the rest of these titles, they mean absolutely nothing. Just because the name of a song sounds cool, it doesn't mean the song is going to be good. A title doesn't tell you if it's rock, a ballad, punk, rap, etc.

So people just chill out and enjoy the new tour. Axl and Co. will put out a new album when they are ready.

.. i don't get the excitement over song titles. We know the music for ONE song - "checkmate" or whatever it is actually called. As for the rest of these titles, they mean absolutely nothing....

Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

I've never understood the obsession some people have with random song titles or the freakish way they react to some random obscure 10 second instrumental clip that's floating around the internet that has no vocals on it and sounds like it was recorded through a baby monitor. :tongue2:

I want a new album as much as the next guy. But the band is touring right now, they aren't going to be releasing the next album anytime soon...

Agreed.

Even if the next album has already been recorded and mixed, Axl may want to go back into the studio to add DJ to the album if DJ is here for the long-term. So, it's unlikely a second album will be released "soon."

.. i don't get the excitement over song titles. We know the music for ONE song - "checkmate" or whatever it is actually called. As for the rest of these titles, they mean absolutely nothing....

Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

I've never understood the obsession some people have with random song titles or the freakish way they react to some random obscure 10 second instrumental clip that's floating around the internet that has no vocals on it and sounds like it was recorded through a baby monitor. :tongue2:

I want a new album as much as the next guy. But the band is touring right now, they aren't going to be releasing the next album anytime soon...

Agreed.

Even if the next album has already been recorded and mixed, Axl may want to go back into the studio to add DJ to the album if DJ is here for the long-term. So, it's unlikely a second album will be released "soon."

Maddy, you are one of the best posters on here!

Axl may want to go back into the studio to add DJ to the album if DJ is here for the long-term.

If DJ is here for the long term than it is time to sit down and record a new album from scratch. Ron wasn't there for the majority of the recording of that material from back in the day, neither was Frank, and for that matter I suspect some of it even predates Fortus.

I hate this re-recording nonsense because it boxes in the musician trying to do it and robs them of the ability to have something develop organically and go with it.

I know Axl wasted alot of time on that material, but if he thinks this line-up has staying power than just move on and start fresh with them. Adding random solos on music that is a decade old is not a recipe for success. He can release the music from that period when he is old and shriveled up, but while he still has a few good singing years left he should take the band he has now and go make "new" music.

If they are smart then they will realize how good this band (and specifically Axl) looks and sounds now, and they will take advantage of the opportunity by releasing some new and fresh material that is actually promoted right from the get-go. I half think this is why Axl has gone back to a more traditional look and has clearly worked on his conditioning and his voice. It's because he is actually getting ready to do a bit more of what it takes to get an album noticed by the mainstream. I guess time will tell.

But I wouldn't lecture fans about how long they will promote Chi Dem and that a second album isn't close at hand. It's comments from Axl and Baz that have created these expectations. They are the ones who talked about trilogies and releasing three albums in three consecutive years, or dropping albums in 2008, 2010, and 2012. And if GN'R is smart they will find a way to do it, because they won't likely ever again be at a higher peak than they are now. And honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath for that Better or SOD video. That ship has sailed. There was a right time to drop a video and promote a single heavily and they missed it. It's time to look to the future with songs no one has heard yet, let alone heard years ago, and make sure that they don't drop the ball a second time. Of course, that's assuming that making a big impact outside the hardcore is a priority at all, which I'm not sure that it is.

Don't think they will make much re-recording or new album from a scratch. Axl seems to "love" Buckethead work ( and I can't complain about that) and was excited about those "unheard" "new" songs when talked about so I'm sure he will leave Buckethead parts and some Finck's ( he mentioned Finck doing Stevie Ray Vaughan solo in one song). So I think adding solo here or there, some songs written by Bumblefoot, Fortus, DJ Ashna, re-recording something is a strong possibility but I wouldn't hold a breath for anything else. I think new album if it happens will be 70% Buckethed, Tobias, Finck, Brian and there would be like some songs written by actual members( 3-4 songs I think).

Don't think they will make much re-recording or new album from a scratch. Axl seems to "love" Buckethead work ( and I can't complain about that) and was excited about those "unheard" "new" songs when talked about so I'm sure he will leave Buckethead parts and some Finck's ( he mentioned Finck doing Stevie Ray Vaughan solo in one song). So I think adding solo here or there, some songs written by Bumblefoot, Fortus, DJ Ashna, re-recording something is a strong possibility but I wouldn't hold a breath for anything else. I think new album if it happens will be 70% Buckethed, Tobias, Finck, Brian and there would be like some songs written by actual members( 3-4 songs I think).

Well I think Axl will make DJ Ahba to record his work on new songs, and then he will chose what he like more... so in next CD could be Buckethead or Robin solos ... that´s my point