Chinese Democracy 2

GNR123GNR456

My only concern is there is a lot of downtime where nothing is being done and we see band members leaving due to inactivity (as we've seen in the past) because I really like the current line-up. Right now, they are touring so we're fine but I just don't want to see years of downtime between new releases and new tours where the band has to be reformed with new members etc.... (again) Seeing another release in 2012 sees reasonable but we won't know for sure until very close to an actual release date.

Right now I am not worried about it or thinking about it but my above concerns would come into play in the future if we didn't see anything happening say a couple years from now.

We'll see.

My only concern is there is a lot of downtime where nothing is being done and we see band members leaving due to inactivity (as we've seen in the past) because I really like the current line-up. Right now, they are touring so we're fine but I just don't want to see years of downtime between new releases and new tours where the band has to be reformed with new members etc.... (again) Seeing another release in 2012 sees reasonable but we won't know for sure until very close to an actual release date.

Right now I am not worried about it or thinking about it but my above concerns would come into play in the future if we didn't see anything happening say a couple years from now.

We'll see.

Good post. It's seriously amazing how much downtime is wasted. The majority of 2009 could have been spent finalizing what needed to be done to get this album ready for release. It obviously was not. What magic is going to motivate Axl to do this later when his 'muse' so regularly evades him?

Edited by sofine11

In regards to downtime ...

Here is a positive spin on the last several years:

2006 TOUR

2007 TOUR

2008 ALBUM, DEXTER CHATS

2009 ASIAN TOUR

2010 CANADIAN + SOUTH AMERICAN TOURS + ???

Yeah but 1994-2000

Only kiddin, I wouldn't expect an album anytime soon.

Considering the year of CD's release was the worst year of Axl's life that is.

In regards to downtime ...

Here is a positive spin on the last several years:

2006 TOUR

2007 TOUR

2008 ALBUM, DEXTER CHATS

2009 ASIAN TOUR

2010 CANADIAN + SOUTH AMERICAN TOURS + ???

Other than 2006, if you combine all those other years of "productivity" it probably amounts to less than what a normal band accomplishes inside 1 year. Doh!

Am I missing something? What happened that year???

That is what Axl said at the end of the Tokyo show in December. He said the past year was the worst of his life. It sounded like it was due to his interactions with a lot of record business-types.

Ali

That is what Axl said at the end of the Tokyo show in December. He said the past year was the worst of his life. It sounded like it was due to his interactions with a lot of record business-types.

Ali

Man, did he really say that?

Ali

Yup, check the Tokyo boot, pretty sad.

Ali

Yup, check the Tokyo boot, pretty sad.

Wonder if he got more bad news, in addition to tour support, about them not wanting another album unless it was with the original lineup. Keep in mind we never got the corrected album artwork and booklet like he said too. A lot of things have derailed in the past year. Not all that surprising. Hope things pick up for the guy.

Let me ask you about GN'R a little. We used to hear the rumor that Chinese Democracy would release 3 records before release. After all, Chinese Deocracy was released 1 record, as everybody know. Did you have any favorite song that not included in Chinese Democracy?

Chris: Yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many I don't even remember now! But to think of a favorite song right now as we speak, I would have to say its one called "Beta's Barn."

"Beta's Barn" :thumbsup:

also Fortus said that his favourite songs wasn't released yet, we know that Atlas Shrugged has some Brain May guitars, that "General" is "epic" , "Soul Monster being heaviest song Axl wrote and song with SRV alike solo by Robin Finck.

I though This I Love was supposed to be the heaviest song Axl ever wrote?

also Fortus said that his favourite songs wasn't released yet, we know that Atlas Shrugged has some Brain May guitars, that "General" is "epic" , "Soul Monster being heaviest song Axl wrote and song with SRV alike solo by Robin Finck.

I think he was saying heavy as in Shacklers type heavy. TIL was the heaviest emotionally.

this i love was the heaviest as in emotionally heavy, soul monster is heaviest as in instrumental "sound" heavy

Edited by amacfantasy

WTF? They just launch an album and you guys already want other.

Anyway, if you REALLY want to hear, I have some demos hear. Or no.

Well, technically the albums been out alot longer. Hell, as soon as the band played HOB before RIR3, I had some live versions on CD. After RIR3 I had half the album on a CD-R. Then after the leaks?

:rofl-lol:

To me, the record is alot older then a year. I'm WAY ready for another at this point. And if it ever happens, I'm not ruining it again by listening to leaks. I'm going in fresh.

Edited by Nintari

Ali

yeah listening to it now. He said there was a bunch of business "corporate bullshit" that would have made them richer and fucked Axl and the fans. Probably why it took so long to tour to begin with.

• 2 years later...

Don't think they will make much re-recording or new album from a scratch. Axl seems to "love" Buckethead work ( and I can't complain about that) and was excited about those "unheard" "new" songs when talked about so I'm sure he will leave Buckethead parts and some Finck's ( he mentioned Finck doing Stevie Ray Vaughan solo in one song). So I think adding solo here or there, some songs written by Bumblefoot, Fortus, DJ Ashna, re-recording something is a strong possibility but I wouldn't hold a breath for anything else. I think new album if it happens will be 70% Buckethed, Tobias, Finck, Brian and there would be like some songs written by actual members( 3-4 songs I think).

This i what i hope. Btw fuck Silkworms, that song's lame. Don't know if they have new version, but 2001 version sounds like shit.