Slayer drummer mentions Axl

Lethal Weapon

Not at all. I find it funny when people make fun of the bands who slag Axl when they know nothing about said band. Lombardo's point stands no matter who posted it.

Dude...Not gonna bash Slayer because I'm a big Lombardo fan because of Fantomas, but, do you REALLY believe that the reason they "had such a lasting influence and cultural impact" is because they never cancelled a show ??

I mean Guns cancelled a shiiiiiiiiitload of shows but still had a huge influence and cultural impact so how is it a relevant answer ?

Not saying it's not true about Axl, but the answer has nothing to do with the question...unless Lombardo thinks it's the main reason why Slayer is an influential band...and then I don't get it.

I think he means it doesn't matter if it was the drummer from Slayer or a anyone else from another band, the point would be the same no matter who said it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such an AMAZING drummer Dave Lombardo is!!!

Love Slayer !!.

Slayer sux, Axl is a GOD, Frank is a much more talented drummer than Dave, and any-1 who thinks otherwise are stuck in the 80s and has a mullet. :unsure:

How dare this Dave spread such horrible lies about our mighty Axl? He must be jealous, right? :rofl-lol:

Not at all. I find it funny when people make fun of the bands who slag Axl when they know nothing about said band. Lombardo's point stands no matter who posted it.

Dude...Not gonna bash Slayer because I'm a big Lombardo fan because of Fantomas, but, do you REALLY believe that the reason they "had such a lasting influence and cultural impact" is because they never cancelled a show ??

I mean Guns cancelled a shiiiiiiiiitload of shows but still had a huge influence and cultural impact so how is it a relevant answer ?

Not saying it's not true about Axl, but the answer has nothing to do with the question...unless Lombardo thinks it's the main reason why Slayer is an influential band...and then I don't get it.

I think he means it doesn't matter if it was the drummer from Slayer or a anyone else from another band, the point would be the same no matter who said it.

Who cares? Plenty of people who are fans from other bands are just the same. Slayer sucked hard before this off the cuff comment, anyway lol.

Dave Lombardo is not the one who has been good and consistent to his band,

Basically he nearly tore Slayer apart being a little pricky primadonna. He brought his wife on tour against protests from all of his band mates. Which lead into him leading a very secluded life from his bandmates with his wife, which lead into strained relations, which lead into Slayer going into crisis trying to find a drummer to replace the man after he had left.

Slayer never got acceptance for any other drummer than Lombardo, because like Slash, his style of drumming on early slayer lps had single handedly changed the drumming game for metal bands. Not unlike slash with his les paul thru marshalls thing, albeit that wasnt a revolution, more rather a cool throwback thing.

Anyway my point was Dave Lombardo was a huge asshair and a letdown for his band, and it took many years and albums with them being separated before he returned to the fold. So its very comical, if you know the guys story, to know he is dirtbagging other people for consistency or cancelling shows like that.

It's unbelievable how much crap you guys are throwing out here. Slayer is an amazing band. At least they released 4 discs while Axl released 1. And they're not garbage. God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion are amazing. If you think otherwise you understand nothing about music. Music isn't just Guns N' Roses and Sebastian. Of course I do prefer Gn'R, but let's face it, the guy didn't said a lie. It is true. Axl cancelled a lot. Live with that and stop bashing the guy.

But the question remains. Why Slayer, a big band, need to mention Axl about their touring history and how good they trested the fans?

Perhaps because this "big" band Slayer is jealous that Axl is even bigger, despite having the audacity to not kiss ass or suck up to his fans.

Just a thought.

But the question remains. Why Slayer, a big band, need to mention Axl about their touring history and how good they trested the fans?

Perhaps because this "big" band Slayer is jealous that Axl is even bigger, despite having the audacity to not kiss ass or suck up to his fans.

Just a thought.

Slayer, big? Try this experiment - Ask your parents who the lead singer of Guns n' Roses is, and then ask them who's Slayer's?

Guaranteed they have no fucking idea about Slayer. GnR have reached people in every age group (whether they are fans or not) and this guy is just spouting off at the mouth. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Am listening to GnR live in Tokyo from this tour right now...fucking awesome.

Just a thought.

Slayer, big? Try this experiment - Ask your parents who the lead singer of Guns n' Roses is, and then ask them who's Slayer's?

Guaranteed they have no fucking idea about Slayer. GnR have reached people in every age group (whether they are fans or not) and this guy is just spouting off at the mouth. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Am listening to GnR live in Tokyo from this tour right now...fucking awesome.

the words you speak are true never thought of that!

The guy didn't say anything that's not true. However, I agree with an earlier poster who said the guy is jealous of Axl's success. The remark reminds me of the comment Bon Jovi made when Axl's leaked tracks were getting so much attention. Bon Jovi resented the attention Axl was getting and pointed out how he was putting out albums all the time and Axl wasn't. So, I think this guy is just a bit jealous of Axl.

Just a thought.

if you honestly believe this i can only assume you are deranged

This is just a comment he made in reference to some other shit going on with his band, I doubt he ever thought twice about it. It gets posted here and everyone thinks his intentions were to put down Axl when really he was just making a point totally unrelated to GNR. jealousy has NOTHING to do with this :lol:

some of you guys are too damn sensitive, ffs

Dave Lombardo is not the one who has been good and consistent to his band,

Basically he nearly tore Slayer apart being a little pricky primadonna..

The guy didn't say anything that's not true. However, I agree with an earlier poster who said the guy is jealous of Axl's success. The remark reminds me of the comment Bon Jovi made when Axl's leaked tracks were getting so much attention. Bon Jovi resented the attention Axl was getting and pointed out how he was putting out albums all the time and Axl wasn't. So, I think this guy is just a bit jealous of Axl.

you're relating a comment made by the drummer from SLAYER to BON JOVI

think that over...

this has fuck all to do with jealousy, its just a quick comment used to make a point. Slayer doesn't give a shit about success or money or how much other artists have it, they hate that kinda stuff, they're a metal band for cryin out loud

Edited by madison

Well, aren't they special! Dumb shits. At least Axl has a good voice and is attractive to look at. All those Slayer members are ugly and who would notice if their singer couldn't sing or not? lol

And most importantly no one has killed themselves or sacrificed anyone or any animals to GNR songs unlike some Slayer songs.

I wouldn't throw stones, Slayer.

Who cares? Plenty of people who are fans from other bands are just the same. Slayer sucked hard before this off the cuff comment, anyway lol.

I've got to agree. I'm not big on Slayer after Reign In Blood. Show No Mercy is a fantastic Speed Metal album, though.

Well, aren't they special! Dumb shits. At least Axl has a good voice and is attractive to look at. All those Slayer members are ugly and who would notice if their singer couldn't sing or not? lol

And most importantly no one has killed themselves or sacrificed anyone or any animals to GNR songs unlike some Slayer songs.

Cho Seung-Hui, the Virginia Tech Killer would disagree with you.

Why was he a fan of GNR's music? whatever. I don't actually agree that music makes people kill or kill themselves, but since I don't like Slayer, I just thought I'd throw that out there. lol

People kill people because that's just how some sick sons of bitches are. I don't believe that music, movies or tv cause people to lose it and kill. It's in their nature. I just wish these sick fucks would just kill themselves and leave the innocents alone. Too many innocent people and animals get caught up in some sickos problems and fantasies. It makes me sick.

Why was he a fan of GNR's music? whatever. I don't actually agree that music makes people kill or kill themselves, but since I don't like Slayer, I just thought I'd throw that out there. lol

People kill people because that's just how some sick sons of bitches are. I don't believe that music, movies or tv cause people to lose it and kill. It's in their nature. I just wish these sick fucks would just kill themselves and leave the innocents alone. Too many innocent people and animals get caught up in some sickos problems and fantasies. It makes me sick.

He wrote a short play called Mr Brownstone, and some other stuff linking that song to his justification. Wasn't Shackler's partly written about him as well?