Slayer drummer mentions Axl

Lethal Weapon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how this has anything to do w/ North Americans being spoiled by "rock stars' attention." No matter who pays attention to who, GN'R & Axl are way up there in comparison to not only Slayer but tons of other performers as well. Whether someone likes GN'R/Axl or not, no one can deny their unsurpassed impact on the music industry and music in general and their legendary status.

Haha, and thanks for asking - my trip was GREAT! :D

It is a matter of perception. Fortunately, there are a shitload of awesome bands in the United States of America that are either pioneers (like Slayer) or perfect products of evolution (like GN'R). For many people outside North America, they're a part of the respective culture. When they live right in your back yard and you have an opportunity to see them on tour several times a year, as opposed to hardly seeing them once in a lifetime, you're unlikely to be able to take a step back and view them from another perspective. Sometimes people don't care about the amount of air time on a music TV channel, the number of number-one hits and the fact that singing about wars, concentration camps, murders and demons is less appealing to the general public and doesn't make you want to throw your panties at the stage.

Could you please elaborate on their (GN'R) unsurpassed impact on the music industry and music in general?

And thanks for answering! :)

Ha! Can't say I've ever thrown my panties at any stage but can say that Guns is definately my favorite band, for a few reasons, main one being that their music is unsurpassed - never anything like it before & never will be again.

Way I remember it the music industry was kinda stale when GN'R came on the scene. Few pretty good bands out there but they were all doin' the same thing, ok stuff but nothing that took your breath away. Guns was fresh, innovative, way more creative and they looked and sounded about a billion times better than anyone else out there. They leapt "outa the box" and took the world by storm, literally, and we haven't seen anything like it since.

Personally, I don't give a shit about the amount of air time a band gets or how many number one hits they have. GN'R is still better today than other artists out there. Of course, peoples' tastes in music boil down to personal preference so we could all get on here and argue who's the best band and never resolve the argument to everyone's satisfaction.

But for me, Guns is it, always has been and most likely always will be.