New York City "Surprise Gig" Review

Kaneda

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How was the audience interaction? We've heard about the "Axl rhymes with asshole" and "This is the best show on the tour" lines, but how about the rest of the time, did Axl (or anyone else in the band) say much to the crowd, it would be nice of one of the other guys got to say something for a change I guess...

Somewhat off topic, but Richard and Axl were chatting back and forth in Toronto about Axl's antics the night before... I've never heard the guy speak before! Tommy always seemed to be the vocal one... was cool.

Kaneda - glad you had fun. Sorry yet another positive thread is being taken over by drama.

Madison, Matt13, whoever else - I don't know you. Don't care who is mod on any forum. I come here to read about and chat about the band, not the fact that you were fired from your post. If this thread is any example, I'm not going to miss you as a mod. Keep it to PM's if you have a beef. This is not why I'm on the site.

Edited by kyrie

I saw pictures of Axl on a link from blabbermouth.net. He looks amazing.

Yeah, dude lucky you getting to see this surprise show.

I'm so glad things are going well for GNR. Like I've said before, maybe Axl will want to continue the tour and do more shows in the US.

I take it you didn't ask how much he paid Eric to throw me under the bus?

Too bad. Would like to have seen his answer.

seriously? get the fuck over it madison. what axl said to you was obviously out of line but you really are taking this "de-modding" too far

it's not like you've been banned..better yet, it's not like you've been fired from a job you're paid to do. live with it, my god

Axl, me, and my twin brother....

4351240221_f300f0a7b0_m.jpg

Hey, Kaneda??? You and your brother look strikingly familiar to that actor that was in the 'Stalingrad' movie. I was trying to put my finger on it. Is your brother an actor by chance man? :question:

LOL...no my brother isn't an actor, but he does dress like a clown, if that helps :)

I wont post directly to people on the forum who changed a few years ago, but one thing I do want to say is that the question one user is referring to should not be asked of Axl, why? Because it 100% categorically did not happen, that's why. Don't believe it? I cant make you believe it, but I know for a fact that it did not happen, it is not true and it has been repeated time and time again by many. I happen to know first hand...

You can throw all your "Velvetgirl", "party passes", "being bought by the band", "why dont I leave and go to another forum" in right now go ahead, it does not change the truth, the truth is the truth, it does not waiver, it does not change.

I am a regular user, never been a mod, didn't have to be to see that the change in this user happened a VERY long time ago, why? I do not have the answer, the person needs to give them selves a good look in the mirror and answer that themselves.

I have made many mistakes here over the years what makes that different is I am willing to say that to myself and more importantly to all of you.

I did not want to comment, not cause anyone told me not to(they didn't) but because truth be told, I do feel bad in a way, this person and I did share what I believed to be many good times, personal times even over the years I have been here, I feel sad it had to go this way, that is the truth, 100%, but I saw it coming to this, you had to be blind not too, I wish things didn't change I wish they could have stayed the way they were just not a few years ago. At the end of the day I am here for one thing and one thing only, to read and talk about the band that I love and admire, the only band that has ever grabbed me and held on, to this day.

It is sad to watch this go like this right now, I wont speak for anyone but I know for a fact no one threw you under a bus but yourself, you are your own worst enemy. I still like you as a friend don't get me wrong, always have, but time has come to accept your own responsibility in what has happened and decide what to do, its in your hands and I know your smart enough to be able to do it.

Anyway I really did not want to comment on this but I have been receiving countless pm's over the last 48hrs about this and which "side" I am on, I will tell you all right now, listen up, I am on GN'R'S side and not cause they were so nice to me yadda yadda, but because this forum has always been about them not one forum user or admin, mod etc I am here for ME AND GNR thats it, and let me tell everyone these gigs are far more exciting then one member...

That is 100% truth, no lies, no bullshit, no twisting, no nothing just the truth I swear on it.

EDIT:

to add to this any insult or further talk towards me should be directed at my pm box, I will not respond to any part of this in this thread or any other one for that matter, that means everyone...:)

Have a great day forum members, 2010 is a great year to be a fan

Justin A.K.A Gunsguy

Edited by gunsguy

Axl, me, and my twin brother....

4351240221_f300f0a7b0_m.jpg

Hey, Kaneda??? You and your brother look strikingly familiar to that actor that was in the 'Stalingrad' movie. I was trying to put my finger on it. Is your brother an actor by chance man? :question:

LOL...no my brother isn't an actor, but he does dress like a clown, if that helps :)

Are you sure dude?? Just kidding. Man that's weird. Not sure if you've seen that movie yet but, if you haven't, you should watch it with your brother. It's an eerie resemblance man. :scared:

Kaneda used to be a member who seemed stressed by the new band but a long time ago he turned himself around I am happy for him to have done this, I dont think any of us have the right to "decide" who should not be allowed backstage lol, he did it on his own and even told them who he is, that is very cool. Look at his face in the pic, he looks like a gnr fan to me :)

Thanks for the story dude! :thumbsup:

edit: spelling

Edited by gunsguy

thanks for the comments Justin, you are right on. It's amazing that some people think that being jealous somehow gives them power.

the fact the Axl and the rest of GNR are getting closer to fans is great. Of course all the fans want to meet Axl, but it seems like the ones who do are the ones that can relate to them on a normal level. A few on this forum have legitimate connections and have have met the band members.......not becuase they are die-hard fanatical gunners, but becuase they have forged relationship with others over time. NOT in just the good times, but in all times.

Congrats on your rare opportunity. Mine is coming. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but sometime. And as for Eric.............none of us would be here on this forum......if his "hobby" didn't actually serve a purpose. I've met Eric and he is first rate. Just a normal guy with a "hobby" he loves.

Yes.....I put "hobby" in quotes............running this place could easily consume more hours than most of us work.

thanks for the comments Justin, you are right on. It's amazing that some people think that being jealous somehow gives them power.

the fact the Axl and the rest of GNR are getting closer to fans is great. Of course all the fans want to meet Axl, but it seems like the ones who do are the ones that can relate to them on a normal level. A few on this forum have legitimate connections and have have met the band members.......not becuase they are die-hard fanatical gunners, but becuase they have forged relationship with others over time. NOT in just the good times, but in all times.

Congrats on your rare opportunity. Mine is coming. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but sometime. And as for Eric.............none of us would be here on this forum......if his "hobby" didn't actually serve a purpose. I've met Eric and he is first rate. Just a normal guy with a "hobby" he loves.

Yes.....I put "hobby" in quotes............running this place could easily consume more hours than most of us work.

well said my friend, well said. I'm not friends with the band because I want to go run and chase them around on tour, hoping for a backstage hookup. I'm friends with these guys because they are great people, doing something incredibly amazing with their lives. I love being around interesting people, and i'd say playing in Guns is probably one of the most interesting lives a man can lead...

thnx gnrmatt

, did a rly quick photoshop job

pppa.png

Cool pic! Must have been amazing to be there. Forgive me, as I didn't read many posts, but is that Billy Ray Cyrus to the far right???? Pretty cool for him if so!

Best post of the day!

Edited by Orsys

Kaneda, I am so glad you were able to enjoy the show and give us an 'inside' look from a fan's point of view. It must have been pretty fuckin' chill to get to meet one of your idols after all these years. I will admit, I am the creator of the "Kaneda's Greatest Hits" thread (a chart-topping thread making fun of your negativity), but I forgive you; that's all in the past. The fact that you are able to admit to your ill-doings is very refreshing. I am happy that you are able to look at things from a new perspective.

Right on man. :thumbsup: