This is Guns N' Roses-here's why.

bax

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter who wrote what and who played what on the CD?

Yes, it does.

If I want to hear just anyone play this music I could as well go and see a cover band or turn to YouTube for guitar players a million times better than Ashba and Bumble together.

The fact they were picked by Axl doesn't make them any more credible or worth listening to me. I hear what I hear and I don't hear anything when these guys play. They could play the songs 100% like on the recording, they will never FEEL them and be able to express that FEELING regardless their skills and attitude.

When Buckethead played Nightrain the hairs on my neck stood up and I couldn't take my eyes off (and he didn't even write that song!) but when Bumble plays CITR or TWAT I just want to go and get a beer until Axl returns.

That's the difference. For me. You have a point with that Beethoven thing though but then again BH and Finck are alive and kicking it's just that personal business and diva-shit that keeps us from seing the ORIGINALS perform.

If you could pick a show with Buckethead or with the current lineup - what show would you attend?

Starting a new band with new songs was one thing but replacing the new guys the minute the album kicks off instead of creating an environment for everyone to stay and get along (= leading/managing a BAND) is repectless to your own work.

dream line-up for the tour, assuming things could be sorted out:

Bucket

Robin

Fortus

Tommy

Brain

Pitman

Reed

Rose

not likely. so we have to do the best we can. as i mentioned, i would have loved to see the appetite line-up keep it going. but that was lightning in a bottle. adler had a sense of swing that no drummer after has had. izzy had songwriting ability, swagger and style, Slash was the premiere soloist of the time, Duff was a great bassist w/melodic, grooving lines. dizzy...won't go there,Axl could handle all keyboards, but the frontman thing makes that tough.