new version of CD?

turboflutter

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another fan opportunity with the album axl flushes down the toilet

You act like he was 100 percent personally involved with this, and he rubbed his hands together and laughed and said 'how can I really, really, really fuck over this guy on a messege board!'

The CD HAD to be re-released as it was no longer a Best Buy exclusive. I'm sure he would have liked to have the alternate covers out there. But obviously, he wasn't able to wrestle control or leverage the situation BEFORE it was released to get those covers or even the right booklet out, so I imagine he's still up shit creek still about getting what he wants out of the record company. From their perspective Axl Rose probably doesn't mean squat, unfortunately for you and everyone else here, Axl can't just snap his fingers and get X,Y, and Z done.

Bummer that it's nothing new.

But happy days for Axl now that CD is free of best buy and their fucking bullshit promo

You're blaming Best Buy for no promo? :rofl-lol:

Never underestimate the lengths some people around here will go to make excuses for Axl.

I know alot of people are saying there will be nothing new on this. But i was thinking, if it's the same damn CD they have why would best buy be selling it at $13.99 when they have a couple of hundred thousand copies they can't sell at $11.99???...

Great point, it's all a bit confusing. I'd re-buy the album simply for the grenade/hand cover, anyway..

I would probably buy a re-release with a new booklet but honestly, after the first couple of days i would just file it away. I listen to CD on my ipod or computer and very rarely have the booklet in front of me so i dont really worry about 'correct' lyrics and artwork and the quality of the booklet.

The CD version of the new release has been taken down on the Best Buy website, the Vinyl is still there, however the CD version is still present on the Amazon website, wonder what it means, if anything?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=BB70775825504B799B121C40AEC45858.bbolsp-app05-15?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2580346410472111393&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=chinese+democracy&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

• 2 weeks later...