new version of CD?

turboflutter

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is being re-released with obvious errors fixed in the booklet? Axl might want a higher quality product in that regard; from his perfectionist side. I would like that as well.

And GNR has sold over 100 million albums total and 5 million of those were Chinese D. Maybe that is enough for him and he just wants to have fun now?

Edited by JEEP11

Maybe it is being re-released with obvious errors fixed in the booklet? Axl might want a higher quality product in that regard; from his perfectionist side. I would like that as well.

And GNR has sold over 100 million albums total and 5 million of those were Chinese D. Maybe that is enough for him and he just wants to have fun now?

The industry doesn't work that way.

Prolly just a re-release of exactly what we already have. No way the record company is gonna spend a bunch of $$$ for a new product & just dump it on to the market without any warning. (Not a second time, anyway)

Edited by IRS2008

Prolly just a re-release of exactly what we already have. No way the record company is gonna spend a bunch of $$$ for a new product & just dump it on to the market without any warning. (Not a second time, anyway)

That would not make much sense either, CD "flopped" in most peoples minds so why would it be released again, same artwork, tracks, everything? so it can "flop" again.

i dont think so. if the re release is true, which we dont know it is, then i assume we'll atleast get some new artwork or some new tracks.

The industry doesn't work that way.

And I doubt he cares about how the industry wants it at this point. Isn't that obvious.

Booklet error's a side, what about the audio error's as reported my some here on My GNR.

My CD def has what sound like small glitches, the biggest being during The Blues / Street of Dreams.

What is it you hear on SOD?

Axl, or somone in the camp, said that Scraped thing was intentional.

Edited by plonker88

Booklet error's a side, what about the audio error's as reported my some here on My GNR.

My CD def has what sound like small glitches, the biggest being during The Blues / Street of Dreams.

Do you think he would confirm that his album who was in progress for 15 years had a glitch in a song ?? :tongue2:

slip double beat noise

You're gonna need to give me more than that :lol:

Time? and what is a slip double beat, do you mean a double beat from the bass drum?

A friend of mine works for Universal. Here's her answer on the re-release of CD:

Yes, we are releasing it to all customers and it will be managed by our catalog group instead of IGA. The exclusivity of the Best Buy deal is done. Nothing new is on the record, the UPC is just different because the other piece was exclusive.

A friend of mine works for Universal. Here's her answer on the re-release of CD:

Yes, we are releasing it to all customers and it will be managed by our catalog group instead of IGA. The exclusivity of the Best Buy deal is done. Nothing new is on the record, the UPC is just different because the other piece was exclusive.

Whats UPC?

So this is basically the end of the best buy deal coming through.

Whats UPC?

So this is basically the end of the best buy deal coming through.

Universal Product Code (it's the bar code on the back that's used to inventory and sell). And yeah, it would appear it's the same all the way around except that bar code and the Best Buy deal is definitely over.

What a downer..

Yeah. I was bummed myself but wanted to pass it on as soon as I found out. I didn't wanna bum the whole community out but I also didn't want everyone to keep guessing and getting their hopes up only to find out what it is in a few weeks.