Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar

axl_on_drums

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still we had several kick-ass pictures and the audio on the vids we had weren't terrible. Whatever, I'm just glad that GnR is in action. Plus theres more use in GnR playing to ppl who don't listen to their music cause then theres more new fans etc. And if people want to leave or not be into the show thats their loss. Its not like there arent more concerts to come after these surprise gigs are done. I think it's great. :lol:

I don't get the negativity...what is the harm in playing a show that only a few people get to attend? Would you rather they neglect us in the US completely? Would you rather they all went their separate ways for a month between Canada and South America and meanwhile, nobody knows what's going on with them because they're invisible? They're getting the GNR name out there again, maybe these fashion people will hear something they like, they'll tell a friend, those friends will buy Chinese Democracy, and things can only get better from here. I mean, is it just jealousy that makes you people so negative? It's mind-boggling what you guys have a problem with these days.

It's a discussion board,Broham This isn't HERE TODAY GONE TO MYGNR. If you want a place where everyone agrees head to HTGTH., All some of us are saying is it should be open to die-hards. Fuck,they could have raised a lot of money for charity if they would have auctioned off some spots here on the boards.It would be pretty simple to make the show available online but that probably won't happen. If you think viewing shitty youtube videos and getting all jazzed over a show that only people with connections get to see,then more power to ya.

"Where will we be tonight?" ... from GNR Twitter.

I don't get the negativity...what is the harm in playing a show that only a few people get to attend? Would you rather they neglect us in the US completely? Would you rather they all went their separate ways for a month between Canada and South America and meanwhile, nobody knows what's going on with them because they're invisible? They're getting the GNR name out there again, maybe these fashion people will hear something they like, they'll tell a friend, those friends will buy Chinese Democracy, and things can only get better from here. I mean, is it just jealousy that makes you people so negative? It's mind-boggling what you guys have a problem with these days.

It's a discussion board,Broham This isn't HERE TODAY GONE TO MYGNR. If you want a place where everyone agrees head to HTGTH., All some of us are saying is it should be open to die-hards. Fuck,they could have raised a lot of money for charity if they would have auctioned off some spots here on the boards.It would be pretty simple to make the show available online but that probably won't happen. If you think viewing shitty youtube videos and getting all jazzed over a show that only people with connections get to see,then more power to ya.

I get it, broseph. I understand your frustration but I personally think it's exciting that they're taking initiative to get their names out there to people who may not know that this current line-up exists.

So what are the odds a couple fans can get in? Would be incredibly awesome. Hope someone official is reading this thread :)

Into the Rose or Jade bar is nearly impossible if there is some type of affair. You would never be able to get to the bar.

Edited by smokingarthur

I'm sorry but this is shitty that the true fans don't really get to go to these,while Fashion hipsters that could give a fuck about anything other than SCOM are there.Yeah,I know the Dr.Pepper guy got in,but he has some kind of a connection. At the very least these shows should be broadcast,otherwise what benefit is there? They could have organized a Forum Lottery to give say ten spots for each show from each of the major forums. That way some die-hards in the area or that would travel if they won, could have attended.

Here's a newsflash....maybe this is just something the band wants to do - enjoy a fun intimate gig for themselves, who the hell cares if "die hard" fans get to attend. Probably just a real cool vibe for the band and their close friends/family to enjoy in-between doing large concert gigs. It's amazing how so many losers on this board have to make everything about "them". And why broadcast either? GNR has never been a ban that exploits themselves. And they sure as hell don't owe you self-proclaimed fans anything. What....because you have been waiting a long time and were the first losers at Best Buy, and you have been illegally stealing demos, you think that entitles you to anything?

This new lineup kicks ass and the sound is the best it has ever been.

Rock on Axl, DJ, Bumble, Dizzy and crew - ignore these self-righteous ego-centric zit-faced tools who are jealous they live outside the know and don't have access.

Got a bundle of sissy-slaps ready for this Madison chick who's another self-important self-entitled self-righteous never was trying to hijack the positive vibe this band has been putting out over the last few days.

I'm sorry but this is shitty that the true fans don't really get to go to these,while Fashion hipsters that could give a fuck about anything other than SCOM are there.Yeah,I know the Dr.Pepper guy got in,but he has some kind of a connection. At the very least these shows should be broadcast,otherwise what benefit is there? They could have organized a Forum Lottery to give say ten spots for each show from each of the major forums. That way some die-hards in the area or that would travel if they won, could have attended.

all we need is just a little patience.

Guns will tour the US according to Ferrer in "late summer"

but for now the "suprise gig" thing is cool, reminds me of old guns playing clubs back in the day.

but it seems u can find a problem with anything that deals with anything.

Guest RonMexico82

Alright Brohams and Brosephs and all that shit, I'm glad they are out there playing gigs and having a good time like a band and I am sure they couldn't give a toss that a bunch of whingers feel left out.

This "I'm entitled to" attitude can go to hell.

Who says they won't do something exclusive for the fans? Wait and see and give the band a fuckin chance.

# Where will we be tonight? ;) 19 minutes ago from Tweetie

www.twitter.com/gunsnroses

Who here is in New York right now?

I am...

Start phoning around to some of these places where the show might be at. You could pretend that you work for the band and inquire about what time you could come in and drop off their gear or set shit up for the show. I'd be hustling like mutherfuckin' Ron O'Neal in Super Fly to get into this show if I was in New York right now.

Edited by ITW 2012

5 months ago: "Why don't they just play some small shows in NYC to get there name back out there again, for fuck sake why can't this band do anything right"

Today: "I can't believe their playing these small shows in NYC and getting their name back out there and not inviting a hand full of fans for something that's meant to be a surprise to them, for fuck sake this band can't do anything right"

Alternative reality: "I can't believe their playing these small shows in NYC and getting their name back out there and not inviting big wig names to see this band in action, the fans know they can play, why are they inviting the fans, for fuck sake this band can't do anything right"

LMFAO... this place isn't 'Here Today...' blah blah blah.

Where have you been the last week?