What a difference a year makes...

axlslash

I remember back when GNR playing gigs anywhere for any audience was enough to make us go "Holy shit!" Now you all sit here and bitch that Axl is "selling out to the corporate establishment" (the man is friends with fashion designers - probably doing these sows for friends, not for $$). Calm the fuck down. There will be more public shows. For now, just enjoy the fact that Axe and the boys are out playing. I'm sick of going into show threads to try to find setlists and having to wade though a dozen pages of "OMG Axl iz teh seloutz" to find the damned songs...

I remember back when GNR playing gigs anywhere for any audience was enough to make us go "Holy shit!" Now you all sit here and bitch that Axl is "selling out to the corporate establishment" (the man is friends with fashion designers - probably doing these sows for friends, not for $$). Calm the fuck down. There will be more public shows. For now, just enjoy the fact that Axe and the boys are out playing. I'm sick of going into show threads to try to find setlists and having to wade though a dozen pages of "OMG Axl iz teh seloutz" to find the damned songs...

^^^^

gospel for tonight

Guest floyd the barber

Illogical thread.

There is no way Axl ever sells out. The man doesn't perform with other mainstream artists and I doubt he'll ever go to the music awards again.

Agree.

These are just warm-up gigs to keep the band playing. Those who fuckin' complain that he's selling out, well, HE JUST PLAYED THE MOTHERFUCKIN CANADIAN AND ASIAN TOUR AND HE'S GONNA PLAY THE SOUTH AMERICAN SHOWS IN MOTHERFUCKIN HUGE FUCKIN ASS STADIUMS!!!!

Geez, Slashites are killing me.

Edited by RocketKing99

Illogical thread.

There is no way Axl ever sells out. The man doesn't perform with other mainstream artists and I doubt he'll ever go to the music awards again.

illogical thread? it seems pretty logical to me

Cool defense of Axl and all but, Floyd's comment was actually in support of Guns... like, he was saying that Axl is so cool that he wouldn't be UNCOOL enough to perform with other mainstream artists (who i'm assuming in Floyd's opinion, aren't cool).

I want to add though, that they pretty much are a mainstream band; always have been, and that's a pretty cool thing, I think. Yes, we may not have seen much of them in the mid/late 90s/00s sporadically, but regardless, they were always household name. Best band ever.

I don't think Axl is selling out; not at all. Axl deserves to play wherever, whenever he wants and he deserves to collect a check for it just like every other popular rock band out there. I just think the lengths some people go to defend everything the guy does is over the top. The same people who were all "Axl is anti-establishment and isn't going to do the corporate bullshit just to appease the record company" are the ones that are now saying, "Just be happy GNR is playing anywhere." Now, I'm happy the band is doing something and actually is in existence again, but don't sit there and act like it isn't somewhat fucked up that the real die hard fans are the ones sitting here in front of their computers posting on message boards instead of being at the shows to see GNR live after supporting the band through thick and thin.

Also, this isn't directed at anybody specifically. I don't know anybody here and tend to view the boards more than post, but it's just my own two-cents on the matter.

Agree.

These are just warm-up gigs to keep the band playing. Those who fuckin' complain that he's selling out, well, HE JUST PLAYED THE MOTHERFUCKIN CANADIAN AND ASIAN TOUR AND HE'S GONNA PLAY THE SOUTH AMERICAN SHOWS IN MOTHERFUCKIN HUGE FUCKIN ASS STADIUMS!!!!

Geez, Slashites are killing me.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!

Bro all i was reading last night was people going ape shit because GN'R is playing for some of their friends god dammit didnt we all wait 14 years for Chinese Democracy?

Why cant people just wait till GN'R comes to their town.

Bro all i was reading last night was people going ape shit because GN'R is playing for some of their friends god dammit didnt we all wait 14 years for Chinese Democracy?

Why cant people just wait till GN'R comes to their town.

Some people is never happy ...

Ain't that the truth?

I can't fucking believe people are going to whine about so-called "secret gigs" saying Axl's selling out (Axl is the biggest NON Sell out @ his level of stardom easily) or bitch about what is going wrong in the flurry of activity that is happening rather than what is going right.

Think of it like this-- Axl is kicking ass live in a way we haven't seen in a long time--Ashba is killing it on guitar and has seemed to be the missing piece of the puzzle, the chemistry of the band is truly coming together, they sound great, and they are ON TOUR! CD is out, fans have a way to be seen/heard/communicate with the band, Axl comes on and posts on the forums-----seriously given the periods of inactivity and NO information what the fuck is there to bitch about? Perfection is a fantasy---everyone has their ideal of what should be going on, etc----but damn I think it's a pretty good time to be a fan!

Try to stop focusing on the negativity, the bullshit, the dramatics, and remember what brought everyone here in the first place----the music. We have CD, know that more music is in the pipeline, and get to be rocked the fuck out @ shows.....

Not a bad deal at all.

Ain't that the truth?

I can't fucking believe people are going to whine about so-called "secret gigs" saying Axl's selling out (Axl is the biggest NON Sell out @ his level of stardom easily) or bitch about what is going wrong in the flurry of activity that is happening rather than what is going right.

Think of it like this-- Axl is kicking ass live in a way we haven't seen in a long time--Ashba is killing it on guitar and has seemed to be the missing piece of the puzzle, the chemistry of the band is truly coming together, they sound great, and they are ON TOUR! CD is out, fans have a way to be seen/heard/communicate with the band, Axl comes on and posts on the forums-----seriously given the periods of inactivity and NO information what the fuck is there to bitch about? Perfection is a fantasy---everyone has their ideal of what should be going on, etc----but damn I think it's a pretty good time to be a fan!

Try to stop focusing on the negativity, the bullshit, the dramatics, and remember what brought everyone here in the first place----the music. We have CD, know that more music is in the pipeline, and get to be rocked the fuck out @ shows.....

Not a bad deal at all.

I agree with everything you've said man, nice one.

Bones.

GN'R fans are awesome. No matter what Axl does or doesn't do they always bitch and whine! At least you can count that there really are some things that NEVER really change B)

No Obama, NO WE CAN'T! Change isn't in us!