Axl Rose makes it to the Rock N Roll Hall Of Shame on the Worst Singers List

Subtle Signs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I see the term "GNR-Educators™" on here again I am going to scream. It is seriously getting old putting that in every goddamn post you make man. It just reeks of a smug condescending attitude that you are a fuckin expert on everything GNR and that anyone with a different opinion is wrong.

Start screaming,Broham cause it ain't going away anytime soon. You can thank,BBA cause he came up with it!

Don't you old farts have families to take care of? You and BBA are depressed because you long back for the good ol' days, while the rest of us are living those good wild years right now. That's the EXACT reason why you can't let go of those days. We will have the exact same problem in 20+ years. I forgive you.

Wheelchair Inc.™

If I see the term "GNR-Educators™" on here again I am going to scream. It is seriously getting old putting that in every goddamn post you make man. It just reeks of a smug condescending attitude that you are a fuckin expert on everything GNR and that anyone with a different opinion is wrong.

Start screaming,Broham cause it ain't going away anytime soon. You can thank,BBA cause he came up with it!

Don't you old farts have families to take care of? You and BBA are depressed because you long back for the good ol' days, while the rest of us are living those good wild years right now. That's the EXACT reason why you can't let go of those days. We will have the exact same problem in 20+ years. I forgive you.

Wheelchair Inc.™

I agree.

This is the new era. We love new guns as much as u loved old guns in the past, 20 plus years ago.

Can you truly listen to Axl's voice now and objectively think that it's good?

Considering he sounds as good as he did in the UYI days, if not better, to me, the answer is yes. He doesn't have a classically appealing, pop voice, but he never, ever did. He's always had a bluesy, raspy voice, somewhat like Janis Joplin. I think those kind of voices are great to listen to because they're gritty, soulful and real.

Ali

this generation, a generation of coddled kids who believe fame and fortune are their birthright, talent and originality are not required, and paying your dues is for losers who are too ugly to get on reality TV.

ooooooooo the Idol fans aren't going to happy with that! :tongue2:

Edited by zint61

What the hell is GNR-Educators™? I keep seeing that, it's fucking annoying.

If you are a poster like Dead Flower,John Bonham,Karlos and PTZ,you don't fall into that category. A GNR-Educator is a person on here who is like 14 and tries to tell people what GNR were like back in the day. Now this person could be a huge fan but it kinda doesn't make sense for them to be telling people (who were there back in the day) about GNR. It would be like me going onto a Beatles Forum and trying to tell people what they were like in the 60's. I could be the biggest Beatles fan in the world but I don't have the same perspective as someone who lived though it.

We can't discuss Guns N' Roses anymore? God, I hate you so much. Who the hell cares if I have the "same" perspective? You are more than welcomed to go onto a Beatles forum if you're the biggest Beatles fan in the world and discuss their 60's activities and you're an imbecile to think otherwise. I have a different perspective, and let me tell you, I think I like both the new and old band just as much as you, the only difference is that I'm not so fucking insecure about my "fan-dom" to tell others they're not fans, like you do. Really, your whole argument on this thing is so mind-numbingly stupid and hideous it makes me want to vomit.

Edited by LightningBolt

There are a few of us that were fans of the original lineup and evolved, continuing to be Gunners with the changes,through the bad times and good, and are still Gunners after all these years.

Once you've heard a real rock band,it's in your soul +heart, you roll with the punches and celebrate when times are good-like now, just as excited and into the music as I ever was!

Edit: That list is complete and utter shit.

Edited by SuperSock

Liberal media? Where? Nowadays, people go from MTV to producing news pieces when they get out of school, and if they're lucky, get their regional Emmy for it.

Nirvana was overplayed, not overrated.

The feminism that Vedder and Cobain were bringing up back in the day, were tied to who they were with at the time... Vedder ditched his feminist ex and moved on to models, and what can be said about Courtney that she hasn't already said herself?

The accusations of violence - probably the one thing that people may have turned against GNR out of anything that they've ever said or done. I remember the whole thing with Jackson Browne, and even though no one pressed charges, people thought less of him anyway. It isn't good to be known for hitting women, especially if she's a superstar - ask Chris Brown. But on the other hand, there are psycho women out there or opportunists who will do whatever it takes to get a payday in court. As good as Kobe Bryant is as a basketball player, he will always have that one incident hanging over his head.

But for all the hero worship people give John Lennon, he openly admitted beating his wife and almost made his son deaf by screaming that loud in his ear.

If you're a celeb: don't hit women, don't molest your kids, but MOST of all - don't harm animals. All I've got to say is - how much time did Chris Brown get for hitting Rihanna, and how much time did Michael Vick get for his "hobby"? Kicking a paparazzi in the press, might cost you 6 figures, but kicking a dog and having it plastered all over the press? Probably a jail cell in between Scott Peterson and Charles Manson.

Kurt Cobain continues to be one of the most over-rated talents ever. They guy was an excellent song-writer but he had zero personality. Nevermind is a great album. In Utero is a good album. If you end Guns career at Appetite, Lies, Illusions and then Axl dies before making the liberal media hate him then he is hailed. Predjuduce against Axl for a few thing: One in a Million, accusations of violence against women, spoke his mind about the talentless media. If he was a liberal like Vedder or Cobain and championed causes that the left wing media loves then Axl would be hailed the genius performer that in fact he is. Instead, he is written up the opposite by a lot more than this guy.

Liberal media? Where? Nowadays, people go from MTV to producing news pieces when they get out of school, and if they're lucky, get their regional Emmy for it.

Nirvana was overplayed, not overrated.

The feminism that Vedder and Cobain were bringing up back in the day, were tied to who they were with at the time... Vedder ditched his feminist ex and moved on to models, and what can be said about Courtney that she hasn't already said herself?

The accusations of violence - probably the one thing that people may have turned against GNR out of anything that they've ever said or done. I remember the whole thing with Jackson Browne, and even though no one pressed charges, people thought less of him anyway. It isn't good to be known for hitting women, especially if she's a superstar - ask Chris Brown. But on the other hand, there are psycho women out there or opportunists who will do whatever it takes to get a payday in court. As good as Kobe Bryant is as a basketball player, he will always have that one incident hanging over his head.

But for all the hero worship people give John Lennon, he openly admitted beating his wife and almost made his son deaf by screaming that loud in his ear.

If you're a celeb: don't hit women, don't molest your kids, but MOST of all - don't harm animals. All I've got to say is - how much time did Chris Brown get for hitting Rihanna, and how much time did Michael Vick get for his "hobby"? Kicking a paparazzi in the press, might cost you 6 figures, but kicking a dog and having it plastered all over the press? Probably a jail cell in between Scott Peterson and Charles Manson.

Kurt Cobain continues to be one of the most over-rated talents ever. They guy was an excellent song-writer but he had zero personality. Nevermind is a great album. In Utero is a good album. If you end Guns career at Appetite, Lies, Illusions and then Axl dies before making the liberal media hate him then he is hailed. Predjuduce against Axl for a few thing: One in a Million, accusations of violence against women, spoke his mind about the talentless media. If he was a liberal like Vedder or Cobain and championed causes that the left wing media loves then Axl would be hailed the genius performer that in fact he is. Instead, he is written up the opposite by a lot more than this guy.

good post.

Haven't read the thread, but imo who cares? It's no revelation some people hate Axl, much like there are some people that simply hate just about all vocalists. It's all subjective, not everyone's voice is for everyone. Some people don't like any type of screaming period, some people don't like personalities, therefore they hate their voice.

It's just all a bunch of junk, and why I pretty much hate all "top lists" when conducted by one person. Give me a large group sample and I might pay attention. Otherwise one persons opinion or a select few mean nothing to me. I don't give a damn.

Haven't read the thread, but imo who cares? It's no revelation some people hate Axl, much like there are some people that simply hate just about all vocalists. It's all subjective, not everyone's voice is for everyone. Some people don't like any type of screaming period, some people don't like personalities, therefore they hate their voice.

It's just all a bunch of junk, and why I pretty much hate all "top lists" when conducted by one person. Give me a large group sample and I might pay attention. Otherwise one persons opinion or a select few mean nothing to me. I don't give a damn.

The guy basically lists every great rock vocalist from the past century, and says they suck. It's a worthless attempt at attention.

What the hell is GNR-Educators™? I keep seeing that, it's fucking annoying.

If you are a poster like Dead Flower,John Bonham,Karlos and PTZ,you don't fall into that category. A GNR-Educator is a person on here who is like 14 and tries to tell people what GNR were like back in the day. Now this person could be a huge fan but it kinda doesn't make sense for them to be telling people (who were there back in the day) about GNR. It would be like me going onto a Beatles Forum and trying to tell people what they were like in the 60's. I could be the biggest Beatles fan in the world but I don't have the same perspective as someone who lived though it.

We can't discuss Guns N' Roses anymore? God, I hate you so much. Who the hell cares if I have the "same" perspective? You are more than welcomed to go onto a Beatles forum if you're the biggest Beatles fan in the world and discuss their 60's activities and you're an imbecile to think otherwise. I have a different perspective, and let me tell you, I think I like both the new and old band just as much as you, the only difference is that I'm not so fucking insecure about my "fan-dom" to tell others they're not fans, like you do. Really, your whole argument on this thing is so mind-numbingly stupid and hideous it makes me want to vomit.

Wow,you hate someone you don't and never will know in real life? Strong words,Brosef. Don't puke too hard,Broham,I wouldn't want you to miss being able to give your next GNR-Education

I see the list has sparked some interesting debate .

You definition of GNR-Education is me trying to tell you what things were like back in the late 80's and early 90's for Guns N' Roses. Go pick one post of mine that does this. I'll be waiting. Remember, I want ME telling YOU what things were like back then.