Axl Rose makes it to the Rock N Roll Hall Of Shame on the Worst Singers List

Subtle Signs

What the hell is GNR-Educators™? I keep seeing that, it's fucking annoying.

If you are a poster like Dead Flower,John Bonham,Karlos and PTZ,you don't fall into that category. A GNR-Educator is a person on here who is like 14 and tries to tell people what GNR were like back in the day. Now this person could be a huge fan but it kinda doesn't make sense for them to be telling people (who were there back in the day) about GNR. It would be like me going onto a Beatles Forum and trying to tell people what they were like in the 60's. I could be the biggest Beatles fan in the world but I don't have the same perspective as someone who lived though it.

oh fuck... not this argument again

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly who cares? It is just one person's opinion, and the fact that they have a list of "rock's worst" filled with people it is "cool" to bash (Axl, Billy Corgan, etc) and have a "these people can't sing but they are great" filled with people who it is "uncool" to bash (Kurt Cobain, Neil Young, Bob Dylan) is pretty telling that the writer is way too concerned with what other people think and is scared to just voice their real opinion

Kurt Cobain continues to be one of the most over-rated talents ever. They guy was an excellent song-writer but he had zero personality. Nevermind is a great album. In Utero is a good album. If you end Guns career at Appetite, Lies, Illusions and then Axl dies before making the liberal media hate him then he is hailed. Predjuduce against Axl for a few thing: One in a Million, accusations of violence against women, spoke his mind about the talentless media. If he was a liberal like Vedder or Cobain and championed causes that the left wing media loves then Axl would be hailed the genius performer that in fact he is. Instead, he is written up the opposite by a lot more than this guy.

Liberal Left Wing Media?

What the fuck are you going on about? Step away from the Glen Beck and take the Sarah Palin poster off the wall for now....

If the "mainstream media" was liberal, why is it that the networks are all owned by mega millionaire white guys who are largely conservative? Why was the media behind George W. Bush in 2000? If the media was really liberal, oh...you would know it.

- The reason Axl isn't hailed as a genius is because the guy has acted like a douchebag for 20 years.

Kurt Cobain continues to be one of the most over-rated talents ever. They guy was an excellent song-writer but he had zero personality. Nevermind is a great album. In Utero is a good album. If you end Guns career at Appetite, Lies, Illusions and then Axl dies before making the liberal media hate him then he is hailed. Predjuduce against Axl for a few thing: One in a Million, accusations of violence against women, spoke his mind about the talentless media. If he was a liberal like Vedder or Cobain and championed causes that the left wing media loves then Axl would be hailed the genius performer that in fact he is. Instead, he is written up the opposite by a lot more than this guy.

Liberal Left Wing Media?

What the fuck are you going on about? Step away from the Glen Beck and take the Sarah Palin poster off the wall for now....

If the "mainstream media" was liberal, why is it that the networks are all owned by mega millionaire white guys who are largely conservative? Why was the media behind George W. Bush in 2000? If the media was really liberal, oh...you would know it.

- The reason Axl isn't hailed as a genius is because the guy has acted like a douchebag for 20 years.

This is obviously OT, but its way more complicated than the media being liberal or conservative. The owners of our media are neither, but they make sure certain things are not to be discussed on TV.

Honestly, if 2002 wouldn't have happened, Axl wouldn't be on a lot of these worst vocalist's things.

i wasnt suggesting it was slang, i was just saying your in no position to judge, throwing around awesome terms like jabroni.

/wrist.

quick thread interruption that may result in something many might like (it's worth it)

Cause: To determine whether Rancid, aka GNR STAR gets to use the term "jabroni" here anymore. He answer's right, let it continue. He answers wrong, he agrees to never use it again.

Question: Who REALLY started using "jabroni" first? (do not use google, xSTAR; c'mon, take this seriously)

A. Stone Cold

B. Iron Sheik

C. Baron Von Raschke

D. Kerry Von Erich

Go.

Random list #12312312414 ok thanks, bye.

Thanks for contributing NOTHING to the thread but cool Internet slang,Broham.

Manage your ignored users

xGNRxSTARx

gnr-dave

SunnyDRE

Need MOAR!

Suggestions?

Wow, MOAR! Cool Internet Slang,FTW! If you only wanna read posts by Nut Swingers, HTGTH is that way,Brosef.

:rofl-lol:

Manage your ignored users

xGNRxSTARx

gnr-dave

SunnyDRE

Need MOAR!

Suggestions?

So you read my post, and thought it was a dig?

I was pointing out how there are a lot of good singers on that list (Axl being one of them), but Axl is an aquired taste is he not? Just like Robert Plant, just like the guy from the cure, just like the lead singer of radio head.

Axls voice is not for everyone, that does not mean he cannot sing. I was giving Axl a compliment and you took it as a dig?

Edited by gnr-dave

Random list #12312312414 ok thanks, bye.

Thanks for contributing NOTHING to the thread but cool Internet slang,Broham.

You're welcome, by the way this thread contributes NOTHING to the forums.

Edited by Cold Razor