Aerosmith Recommendations!

Dazed&Confused

Going to see em for the first time headlining Download Festival in June. I've listened to a fair bit of their stuff but wouldn't call myself an expert.

Anybody recommend the essential Albums I should be getting? Want to brush up before the gig so I know more than half the setlist.

Cheers all.

Edited by Dazed&Confused

Going to see em for the first time headlining Download Festival in June. I've listened to a fair bit of their stuff but wouldn't call myself an expert.

Anybody recommend the essential Albums I should be getting? Want to brush up before the gig so I know more than half the setlist.

Cheers all.

Wait....tthey kicked out steven right?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

(1973) Aerosmith

(1974) Get your Wings

(1975) Toys In The Attic

(1976) Rocks

(1977) Draw The Line

(1989) Pump

(1993) Get A Grip

These are their good albums. The rest kind of sucks.

"Rocks"

This. One of my favourite albums of all time.

However, if you're going to see them live and want to know the songs you're better off picking up one of the many greatest hits compilations. The only song they'll be playing off Rocks will be Back in the Saddle.

+1, if you want recs just for the show, go with the greatest hits. but if you're looking for listening in general, it depends on your taste...early aerosmith is more dirty and blues based, classic rock n roll, and into the 80s and forward they had more pop.

Cheers all.

Wait....tthey kicked out steven right?

addiction has never really been a secret with the band, and as far as i know steven was back abusing pain medication after his fall on the last tour. he was in rehab back around christmas so things are coming together.

Edited by LaBellaVita

(1973) Aerosmith

(1974) Get your Wings

(1975) Toys In The Attic

(1976) Rocks

(1977) Draw The Line

I recently got my hands on a bootleg of my first Aerosmith show at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto 1977.

Imagine...the setlist is comprised of songs solely from the above albums! :shades:

On topic...the above albums is where anyone should start with Aerosmith.

(1973) Aerosmith

(1974) Get your Wings

(1975) Toys In The Attic

(1976) Rocks

(1977) Draw The Line

(1989) Pump

(1993) Get A Grip

This is a pretty solid list. All these albums have something great on them.

I saw them in the summer of 2009 before the tour fell apart, and here was the set list. They played all of "Toys in the Attic" for a special anniversary thing or something, so don't count on as many from that album that are listed here:

Train Kept a Rollin’

Cryin’

Love in an Elevator

Walkin’ the Dog

Dream On

Combination

Toys in the Attic

Uncle Salty

Adams Apple

Walk This Way

Ten Inch Record

Sweet Emotion

No More

Round and Round

You See Me Crying

Draw the Line

Come Together

Edited by Rock_And_Roll_Over

I think they went downhill big time after Rocks, and other than parts of Get A Grip, couldn't care less for anything post-Rocks. And to be honest, I don't ever even listen to the first 2 albums anymore; just Toys and Rocks.

noo Get Your Wings really ?

Seasons of Wither ? It's my favorite Aerosmith tracks :D Same Old Song and Dance ? Lord of Thighs ?

The only song they'll be playing off Rocks will be Back in the Saddle.

they don't play Nobody's Fault anymore?

Last time they played Nobody's Fault was 2003. They played Combination regularly last year, as well as Last Child on several occasions. Back in the Saddle was only played at a few shows.

Here's a good site to refer to for past set lists: http://vindaloo.web44.net/

You can view confirmed set lists for each tour or search for when an individual song was played if there's a specific song you're looking for on that site. Not all of the early shows are filled in, but still a great site.

The only song they'll be playing off Rocks will be Back in the Saddle.

they don't play Nobody's Fault anymore?

Last time they played Nobody's Fault was 2003. They played Combination regularly last year, as well as Last Child on several occasions. Back in the Saddle was only played at a few shows.

Here's a good site to refer to for past set lists: http://vindaloo.web44.net/

You can view confirmed set lists for each tour or search for when an individual song was played if there's a specific song you're looking for on that site. Not all of the early shows are filled in, but still a great site.

Thanks man

I've missed three chances of seeing Aerosmith, one time I actually had tickets to see them with Cheap Trick and a few days before the show they cancelled so Steven could have surgery on his throat. I better catch em this time around