Aerosmith Recommendations!

Dazed&Confused

Allow me to break down late period aerosmith for you(everyone's already said the best 70's aerosmith)

Alright,

First, get done with mirrors. NOW!

Second, You'll want pump

Then get a grip

Honkin on Bobo comes next

here's where things get fuzzy

You can choose to get permanent vacation, which has some exceptionally strong material(st. thomas, the beatles cover, janie, rag doll etc) but gets lost in a sea of filler

Then nine lives(same thing, just replace the words exceptionally strong with good)

you could get each song individually. There is some GREAT material that you can dig for if you dig around those compilation albums and grab at those remaining 3 albums, but you have to search for what seems like ages for the good stuff.

Edited by Bucketslash

So is "Rock in a Hard Place" considered bad simply because Perry and Whitford aren't on it? Listened to it today. It doesn't have the heavy hitters that Rocks or Toys had, but I thought it was more consistent than those two albums and their debut album too. Just a lot of solid songs top to bottom, whereas I felt those other three had a few great songs and a lot of filler.

Edited by KBear

O Yeah is a good one to start with as a casual fan, kind of light on the classic era, but it's the best out of the greatest hits.

Essential albums are the debut up to Draw the Line.

quote name='Dazed&Confused' date='20 February 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1266681739' post='2603012']

Going to see em for the first time headlining Download Festival in June. I've listened to a fair bit of their stuff but wouldn't call myself an expert.

Anybody recommend the essential Albums I should be getting? Want to brush up before the gig so I know more than half the setlist.

Cheers all.

So is "Rock in a Hard Place" considered bad simply because Perry and Whitford aren't on it? Listened to it today. It doesn't have the heavy hitters that Rocks or Toys had, but I thought it was more consistent than those two albums and their debut album too. Just a lot of solid songs top to bottom, whereas I felt those other three had a few great songs and a lot of filler.

I've always been curious about this myself. I've never given it a listen, granted, but I never thought it could've been as bad as some make it out to be. I've meant to give it a listen for a while now, but never got around to it. I'm going to try to today.

Anything off get a grip. My favorite aero album, but they probably won't play much of that album live.

Livin' On The Edge and Cryin' have been regulars in the setlist this decade. Eat The Rich has been played quite a lot as well.

Yeah, I figuerd those two would be regulars, but Eat The Rich? Wow, I'm surprised, awesome, but my favorite song is Shut Up and Dance

I was gonna see em at the garden too, until they cancelled.

Edited by Shackler118